Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's embedded in my post. Not sure why it won't show. Here's the direct link:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11646-Ghost-Recon--Future-Soldier-Trailer-Gets-all-Mushy.html
    Well this upsets me but I know it will be worth the wait. Bioshock Infinite delayed to 2013
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/09/tech/gaming-gadgets/bioshock-infinite/index.html
    http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-GB/unite/index.aspx

Hopefully once I've finished work today the full gameplay trailer will have been unlocked, like it should've been 2 DAYS AGO!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I don't use this word that often, but that is really lame. I won't be buying AC3 until i'm sure it's a huge improvement over Revelations & Brotherhood. If it wasn't for the Altair missions, I would have lost interest in Revelations early on in the game.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 40,372
    @MajorDSmythe, sadly, I heard the last two Assassin's Creed games weren't that great. I stopped playing after AC2, which was incredibly fun, because my buddy, who is also a big fan of the series, gave me a mediocre opinion on them.

Well, it's May 10th, so the Hitman: Absolution ticker has reached zero: the Sniper Rifle challenge has been confirmed, and we have finally been given a definite release date: November 20th. While everyone is getting in to Black Ops 2 and complaining, I'll be sitting down with my new Hitman game. It hasn't sunk in yet, but the Hitman series offers me some of the most excitement when it comes time to a new one. Bring on November! Here's the link:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11658-Hitman--Absolution-Gets-November-Release-Date.html

Also, Dishonored has been given an October 9th release date for North America, October 11th date for Australia, and October 12th date for Europe.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11659-Dishonored-Dated-for-an-Entirely-Honourable-October-Release.html

A source has revealed big information on the upcoming Dead Space 3, according to IGN. Take this with a grain of salt, but the game will apparently have co-op, drop-in, drop-out multiplayer, a snow planet setting, the ability to crouch and roll, and the game will be the first time in the trilogy to feature human enemies.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/dead-space-3-gets-co-op-report-6375883
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It looks like they reached their desired number...

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-GB/unite/index.aspx

It doesn't excite me at this point.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I think it's look alright. It's different and that's a plus right away.

I'll buy it at some point but have Battlefield 3 and Batman: Arkham City to play first.
    I think it looks cool, but I find it weird that Connor is talking about how he kills people regardless of what side they're on, and we haven't seen any footage/pics of him killing 1 American.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Wow...

Time to once again become Batman :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

AC fans will be mad. I love it! :D
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    A source has revealed big information on the upcoming Dead Space 3, according to IGN. Take this with a grain of salt, but the game will apparently have co-op, drop-in, drop-out multiplayer, a snow planet setting, the ability to crouch and roll, and the game will be the first time in the trilogy to feature human enemies.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/dead-space-3-gets-co-op-report-6375883

Okay, wait, you're talking about IGN, but list a Gamespot link? Also, had the helicopter not shot them all, there would have been human enemies in the second one when you meet that one lady who betrays you.

It's about damn time Isaac Clarke got the abilities of crouching and rolling. Also, a snow planet seems interesting. Maybe we'll finally find out where the f*cking Marker came from.
    @Agent007391, I read the article on Gamespot, and they gave the IGN source. Not sure what the problem is there.

And watch the spoilers. I just finished the first one, and am planning on starting the second soon.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Agent007391, I read the article on Gamespot, and they gave the IGN source. Not sure what the problem is there.

And watch the spoilers. I just finished the first one, and am planning on starting the second soon.

I read the article after posting this, so I understand.

As for the spoilers: Perhaps the 3rd one shouldn't be so important if you've only just finished the 1st. I'm sorry if I ruined anything there (truth be told, that's all I even remember about that part, since I only beat the game once, and that was over a year ago when it first came out), but, really, don't worry about Dead Space 3 until you've beaten 2 (and maybe Extraction, which was a surprisingly good game).
    @Agent007391, I hope this isn't true, but is Dead Space 2 not as scary as the first? That's a part of few opinions I've read on the Internet about the game, so I was just curious.
  • oo7oo7
    stop reading the internet and go play the game. gathering opinions of others is no way to form your own.
    dead space 2 was great. tense, scary, better looking and more guns and suits. super music too.
    i just preordered for hitman in game station for nothing, if we take the receipt back this tuesday we get the hitman sniper game for free!!!
    oo7 wrote:
    stop reading the internet and go play the game. gathering opinions of others is no way to form your own.
    dead space 2 was great. tense, scary, better looking and more guns and suits. super music too.
    i just preordered for hitman in game station for nothing, if we take the receipt back this tuesday we get the hitman sniper game for free!!!

I literally just beat Dead Space 1 less than a few hours ago; how does it hurt to search out an opinion on the Internet on player's views on the game? I never said it would form my own opinion.

And do you get the Sniper Challenge from GameStop?
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    oo7 wrote:

You tell him to stop gathering opinions, then you give him one?
    @thelivingroyale, my thoughts exactly, but I didn't want to cause an argument in here with him.

Rockstar has unveiled and touched on a few more single player modes for Max Payne 3, which will become available after you complete the campaign:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11677-Max-Payne-3-s--New-York-Minute--and--Score-Attack--Modes-Exposed.html

And if you still play Battlefield 3, there is double XP for the weekend. Go give that MP rank a boost, if you need to:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11678-Battlefield-3-Fires-Up-Double-XP-This-Weekend-.html

Here's twenty minutes of gameplay from Borderlands 2:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/11/borderlands-2-almost-20-minutes-of-gameplay-footage
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Agent007391, I hope this isn't true, but is Dead Space 2 not as scary as the first? That's a part of few opinions I've read on the Internet about the game, so I was just curious.

Well, I thought that Dead Space 2 was just as scary as Dead Space 1, but my friend, who played at the same time as I did, did not. We both agreed that the story was far better than the first, and the introduction of Isaac Clarke as a real character, who talks and has a personality, was immeasurably better than the voiceless, practically faceless character you play as in the first game.
  • oo7oo7
    Hey no I dont mean to casue arguement I just mean dont form opinions over whats scary and whats not due to one guy or a forums post. Dead space 2 is great.
    My post on hitman sniper challenges was directed at uk users.
    On agent008381s comment i thought that dead space 2 had some amazing story driven stuff. so i think you might do youself injustice if you dont get it. just play it if you are not scared you will enjoy the lead up to dead space 3. and you will get extraction.

Ok now we get to the nitty gritty. will we all team up for max payne 3 and who has set up a SMERSH gang group?
    @oo7, I've really hoped that anyone who has a PS3 and a copy of MP3 on Tuesday will want to make one. @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 and I have agreed on it thus far. Can't help but watch early released gameplay videos on Youtube tonight.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @oo7, I've really hoped that anyone who has a PS3 and a copy of MP3 on Tuesday will want to make one. @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 and I have agreed on it thus far. Can't help but watch early released gameplay videos on Youtube tonight.
    I'll probably be getting it the weekend after its release, but sign me up for a clan.
    Sounds good. Do let me know when you pick it up and are online.
    oo7 wrote:
    On agent008381s comment i thought that dead space 2 had some amazing story driven stuff. so i think you might do youself injustice if you dont get it. just play it if you are not scared you will enjoy the lead up to dead space 3. and you will get extraction.

Not all PS3 copies of Dead Space 2 come with Extraction. Most do, but I've seen some Greatest Hits copies that extracted it (the pun was necessary).

Also, have I really pissed enough people off that they don't want to use my real name?
    oo7 wrote:

Not all PS3 copies of Dead Space 2 come with Extraction. Most do, but I've seen some Greatest Hits copies that extracted it (the pun was necessary).

Also, have I really pissed enough people off that they don't want to use my real name?

Your real name??
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    :(( RIP my PS3.

2010 - 12th may 2012

Murdered in cold blood by Skyrim.

2010 - 12th may 2012

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! X_X

2010 - 12th may 2012

What terrible timing; I'm sorry to hear. I've been playing through Dead Space 1 again today, trying to get the 'One Gun' trophy, and it froze a bit earlier. Just hoping I can get through this last level with no problems.

McFarlane Toys Packaging has revealed two new enemies in Halo 4, the Crawler and the Watcher (Unique, right?). Here's some pictures of them:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11683-New-Halo-4-Enemies-Revealed-by-McFarlane-Toys-Packaging-.html

And here is an introduction to Agent 47 video, from Hitman: Absolution, out in November: