Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    oo7 wrote:
    On agent008381s comment i thought that dead space 2 had some amazing story driven stuff. so i think you might do youself injustice if you dont get it. just play it if you are not scared you will enjoy the lead up to dead space 3. and you will get extraction.

Not all PS3 copies of Dead Space 2 come with Extraction. Most do, but I've seen some Greatest Hits copies that extracted it (the pun was necessary).

Also, have I really pissed enough people off that they don't want to use my real name?

Your real name??

It's Agent007391, not Agent008381.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 40,372
    EA has finally addressed reports on the server scarcity for Battlefield 3. Glad I didn't trade this in:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-addresses-battlefield-3-server-scarcity-reports-6376440

So, based on your location, is anyone going to the midnight release of Max Payne 3 tomorrow/Tuesday, however you see it as? I have my Collector's Edition paid off, and will be rolling in to GameStop tomorrow night around 11:15 PM to get it. It won't be a big event, but apparently, they are bringing over the customer's copies that are already paid off to a parking lot of another GameStop in town, and you can just flash your receipt and ID and be on your way. Can't wait to be up through the wee hours of the morning playing it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

:D
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    So, based on your location, is anyone going to the midnight release of Max Payne 3 tomorrow/Tuesday, however you see it as?

I'm waiting until it's less than $30. I expect it to happen in 12 months, based on the recent successes that have dropped exponentially.
  • oo7oo7
    sleeping dogs can gtf. role on agency whenever thats due its about what 2 years late now?
    agent 007381 i apologise for my slight typo. if it happens again i dont care.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    So, based on your location, is anyone going to the midnight release of Max Payne 3 tomorrow/Tuesday, however you see it as?

I'm waiting until it's less than $30. I expect it to happen in 12 months, based on the recent successes that have dropped exponentially.

I guess I can't blame you. I spent $100 on the Collector's Edition and have been heavily anticipating the release for years now, but I can't count the times I've been amped for a game, purchased it, and first impressions carried throughout the rest of the game and I thought of how much a waste of money it was. That's why newer games that I'm somewhat excited for, or haven't had a chance to play the demo for, get a few week wait from me, so I can pick it up off the shelves used.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I guess I can't blame you. I spent $100 on the Collector's Edition and have been heavily anticipating the release for years now, but I can't count the times I've been amped for a game, purchased it, and first impressions carried throughout the rest of the game and I thought of how much a waste of money it was. That's why newer games that I'm somewhat excited for, or haven't had a chance to play the demo for, get a few week wait from me, so I can pick it up off the shelves used.

My main reason is that, well, I don't really have much faith in series that take huge breaks. It's been almost 10 years now since Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, and in that span of time, the only thing we got was a sh*t movie starring great actors (that really didn't help the movie). I look at the blasphemy that was the most recent Duke Nukem. That game was in development for, what, 15 years? And it sucked! Final Fantasy games suffer with long periods of time between them. Now, Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a big exception. Somehow, Edios pumped out a great game after their huge period of time.
    That's pretty valid. I never played the Duke Nukem series, but I remember seeing everyone get extremely excited for the new one, and then taken aback when it was a hot, steaming pile of shit.
    I actually liked Duke Nukem Forever. As for Max Payne, now my ps3's broke I'll probably get it for xbox if I can find my old 360.
    Tomb Raider has been delayed until 2013. It looked pretty interesting when I saw E3 gameplay, what was it, a year ago, I think? Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it will come out, disappear into nothingness a few weeks later, and hit bargain bins shortly thereafter. Here's the link, pretty slow news day:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11687-Tomb-Raider-Delayed-Into-Next-Year.html

If you were lucky enough to have a superb PC, or an Xbox 360, and got the chance to play The Witcher II, the developers have just revealed they are going to be working on two new IPs, one with guns, and another that is a mature dark-fantasy game:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/the-witcher-dev-hiring-for-two-new-rpgs-6376558

Here's a multiplayer video preview for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier:

http://www.gamespot.com/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-future-soldier/videos/ghost-recon-future-soldier-multiplayer-video-preview-6376526/

In slightly older news, Black Ops II's first-day preorder sales were 10x that of its predecessor, Black Ops:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/black-ops-ii-preorders-outpace-predecessors-6374912
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    DNF is a good game, pity it lacks of nostalgia.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Tomb Raider has been delayed until 2013. It looked pretty interesting when I saw E3 gameplay, what was it, a year ago, I think? Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it will come out, disappear into nothingness a few weeks later, and hit bargain bins shortly thereafter. Here's the link, pretty slow news day:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11687-Tomb-Raider-Delayed-Into-Next-Year.html

Dammit, I was looking foward to that being released this year.
    @MajorDSmythe, same. I had a feeling something like this was going to happen - the game has been in silence - from what I recall - for months now.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,882
    Yes, you're right, it has been a bit too quiet. I can't recall hearing anything about it this year.
    Neither can I, or else I'm sure I would have checked it out. In fact, the last thing that comes to mind was that E3 gameplay. I'm sure there was something after that, but I must have overlooked it. I'm just always curious what makes games take so long to create, and causes such big delays. Prey 2 was looking nice about a year ago, and then it was delayed, rumored to be cancelled, and now it's gaining progress again. I've wanted a sequel since I beat the first one around its release.

Here's a chunk of review screenshots from Max Payne 3:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11694-Max-Payne-3-Review-Screenshots-Blowout.html

Thus far, I've seen Max Payne 3 receive a 9 (from IGN), a 7.4 (from GameTrailers, or something like that), and a 93 (from X360A). Pretty nice scores, thus far.

And here's a rumor: Battlefield 3 will introduce a Premium Service, to the likes of CoD Elite, that comes with more features and free DLC, apparently:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11693-Rumour--EA-To-Announce-Battlefield-Premium-Service-at-E3.html

I'm sorry, but a game that was totally ruined in the blink of an eye by such a drastic server change (ruins the game, yet earns more money for EA via rented servers) will not receive another dime from me, until they fix it. Even then, I may shell out money for the DLC, but that's it. The whole premium service thing is a joke.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    There's another Tomb Raider film planned for release next year, so it makes sense to delay the game, even if it is finished. Though the film may not even make next year at this rate.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    There's another Tomb Raider film planned for release next year, so it makes sense to delay the game, even if it is finished. Though the film may not even make next year at this rate.

Nice, I hadn't heard of it until now. If I had to guess, it would be a reboot with a different actress?

And here's the latest review (spoken of earlier) that goes through all of the aspects of Max Payne: audio, visuals, playability, delivery, and the achievements/trophies:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/max-payne-3/review/
    I heard whispers of a new possible Tomb Raider movie reboot. I didn't know it was actually happening though. Hopefully this time a brit will bag the role, preferably a relative unknown.

Speaking of reviews, I wasn't aware of a sequel, but IGN have reviewed Sniper Elite V2.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/14/sniper-elite-v2-review

I have the first game on the XBX and it's a very tense and atmospheric game.
    @MajorDSmythe, does the game have nice kill cams? I saw a few people raving about the game, telling me to check out the demo for the awesome kill shots you can perform on enemies.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I figured Tomb Raider would get delayed to 2013. Better watch out though, if Naughty Dog have another Uncharted up their sleeves. Hopefully it will be worthy this time.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,882
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @MajorDSmythe, does the game have nice kill cams? I saw a few people raving about the game, telling me to check out the demo for the awesome kill shots you can perform on enemies.

The original does, you see slo mo bullets followed by exploding heads and fountains of blood.
    I figured Tomb Raider would get delayed to 2013. Better watch out though, if Naughty Dog have another Uncharted up their sleeves. Hopefully it will be worthy this time.

Uncharted is a large thorn in the bid for Lara to re-take her throne of action adventure. I guess it depends on how close it will be released to U4.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Nice, I hadn't heard of it until now. If I had to guess, it would be a reboot with a different actress?

Got it in one. A reboot with a different actress.

There hasn't been news on it in a while, so a 2013 release may be hard to make, filming would need to begin soon and the big question would be who to cast as Croft?

On topic though, I can't wait for Max Payne 3.
    @Samuel001, makes me wonder what they've been doing since the announcement of the reboot.

On topic, neither can I. I'm finding myself to be more and more excited as the hours pass, and I leave around 11 PM for the midnight release at a local GameStop. It's going to be glorious opening up the Collector's Edition.

To add to the reviews scores, MetaCritic gave it an 88.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 7,854
    Creasy47 wrote:
    That's pretty valid. I never played the Duke Nukem series, but I remember seeing everyone get extremely excited for the new one, and then taken aback when it was a hot, steaming pile of shit.

Red Faction was another series that took a long break, and while Guerrilla wasn't bad, per se, it wasn't what I loved about Red Faction (then again, neither was Red Faction 2... although I still like that game). Some series can't return from huge breaks, while others can.

Plus, I know other people will bitch at me about this, but Brazil?! Max Payne, a film noir, Sin City-type hero in Brazil? "Let's put Darth Vader in the 2012 elections and see how he fares!"

Also, as much as I love Doom (I'm a card carrying Doom-aholic), Doom 3 was nowhere near what the original Doom and Doom 2: Hell on Earth were. It's fun, yes, and I love the atmosphere, but it just doesn't compare.
    Creasy47 wrote:

There are kill cams. You can even shoot Hitler in the balls with a great killcam (really, watch it on youtube).

Well, I found my xbox so I'll be getting Max Payne on there tommorow. I've been waiting for this for almost 9 years so it better be good.

Never really played Tomb Raider. Saw the films but they were crap (although Jolie was hot).
    @thelivingroyale, my thoughts exactly on the Tomb Raider series, but the new one looks pretty fun.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @thelivingroyale, my thoughts exactly on the Tomb Raider series, but the new one looks pretty fun.

Yeah I thought about playing them but just never really did. Haven't seen any clips of the new one, didn't even know there was one coming. I'll check it out on youtube in a sec.

And here's a sniper elite v2 video of Hitler being shot in the balls. This clip makes me want the game.

Naughty Dog has revealed a detailed update list for Uncharted 3:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-6650-Naughty-Dog-Detail-Uncharted-3-Update-1-11.html

Haha, wow, that shot and detail was awesome. Graphics look pretty good, I'm just not too crazy about there not being rag doll; unless that was just for Hitler's death.
    ^Um.. Hitler only had one nut. Its a pretty common fact.. but the video was still entertaining.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    ^Um.. Hitler only had one nut. Its a pretty common fact.. but the video was still entertaining.

Yeah that's true, but still, it's Hitler getting shot in the balls, you can't not enjoy it ;)

In other news, I just found out from the nice people at Tesco that Max Payne 3 isn't released until Friday in the UK...