Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So, anyone that did manage to pick up Max Payne 3, how much are you liking it? Personally, I love it, but I'm not so sure the $100 Special Edition was worth it. The figurine looks cheaply made, and the soundtrack is digital, which I had hoped would be a CD like GTA IV.

Here are some details of the MP3 Multiplayer Character Pack:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11699-Max-Payne-3-Classic-Multiplayer-Character-Pack-Detailed.html

Here's the cover art for Halo 4:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11696-Halo-4-Cover-Art-Revealed--Is-Brilliant.html

And here's a first impressions preview of Fifa 13:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11695-FIFA-13-First-Impressions-Preview----The-Return-of-the-King.html
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    is 360 starving for games or what? Making another halo game is idiotic...halo 1 was good and that's it....what's the point of a 4th game besides money.
    @WillardWhyte, Bungie just passed off the rights to 343 Industries and is letting them take over another trilogy: so, get ready for more Halo hype for the next five to ten years. It's always upsetting when a series never dies, and is just beaten over and over again for more money. I won't be shocked if I see a Gears of War 4, Mass Effect 4, etc. in the coming years.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    is 360 starving for games or what? Making another halo game is idiotic...halo 1 was good and that's it....what's the point of a 4th game besides money.

There are people out there who actually feel that the first Halo did something "profound", when all it was was another generic FPS on an alien world (or, in this case, alien ring). I played the first Halo, and while I thought it was fun, I did not think it was something revolutionary. It's because of those fans that the series will continue. Bungie passed it off to 343, and once this upcoming trilogy is done, 343 will pass it off to somebody else that MicroShaft owns.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Anyone else here get Max Payne 3 today? :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I am going to head online now and check out the multiplayer.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited May 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Omg, MP3 has already launched? O_O

[Btw @Brady, did the Photoshop CS6 worked with you? :) ]
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Didn't use the links yet. I would have to close all my browser windows.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Didn't use the links yet. I would have to close all my browser windows.

Oh, got it

Well i just downloaded BloodRayne 2 and i thought it is a great game. it is kinda old, but stills fine, i liked that.

Picked it up at the midnight release, loving every second :)

I'm nearly 3/4 of the way through with SP - which is quite challenging, might I add - and only Rank 5 online.

Nope, because now I have to wait till Friday ~X(
    I had some trouble getting online with MP3 tonight. I hear that Rockstar is real strict with player NAT types. Unfortunately, being stuck back at my place for the summer while college is out, I have a Type 3, and just cannot get into a single match at night. It even went to the point of not showing how many players were in which particular game types, so all I could do (and funny enough, all I could do since I bought the game) is create matches, not join any. I just hope the game's MP doesn't die down, or my NAT type screws up the fun for me, because in the matches I have played, I've really, really enjoyed myself. Good, quality fun.
  • oo7oo7
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,894
    I wasn't until they announed the retail version. I'm interested to see how they pull of a Who game.
  • oo7oo7
    I'm holding off on the retail verson. I hear its a planned trilogy of games so im hoping a straight up buy all 3 for a set price option comes up on psn next week.
    Here's some nice sequel announcements today:

Someone dug around the source code for MP3, and found a list of vehicle names with similar sounding references to GTA, so it could be a final (or partial) list of the vehicles in GTA V: 48 cars, five bikes, ten helicopters, one plane, 25 boats, and nine trains. Unless water plays a huge part, take this with a grain of salt, as I find it hard to believe that there are less than 50 cars, yet half of that number is in 25 entirely different boats. Still nice to get a new GTA V rumor, though:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11707-Full-List-of-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Vehicles-Revealed-.html

Upcoming Rebellion Multiplayer Pack for Mass Effect 3:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11706-Report--Rebellion-Multiplayer-Pack-Outed-for-Mass-Effect-3.html

343 Industries already has the next ten years of Halo mapped out:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11708-343-Industries-Has-the-Next-Ten-Years-of-Halo-Mapped-Out.html

Volition reveals new titles in-development, including a next-gen title, and Saint's Row 4:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11709-Report--Saints-Row-4--Plus-Unannounced-XBLA-and-Next-Gen-Titles-in-Development-at-Volition.html
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Does this mean we could be driving trains? Or at least can we have some way to hang onto them and do cool stunts like in Red Dead 2. I tried to get a free ride from one in GTA IV and Nikko was sent flying once the train started moving.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 40,469
    @thelivingroyale, that's why it sounds odd to me: I mean, ten trains? Rockstar has said that the world of Los Santos and the surrounding areas in GTA V is the largest they have ever worked with - and they did have a hand in LA Noire, which was massive. So, perhaps they have all these different types of trains for faster speeds, because the world is so massive. Thus, a large number of different boats, because traversing the waterways is a quicker route, too.

But, if that theory was correct, why only one plane to fly? You would surmise there would be more, then.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Picked it up at the midnight release, loving every second :)

I'm nearly 3/4 of the way through with SP - which is quite challenging, might I add - and only Rank 5 online.

I like the challenge to @Creasy47. Normal or Hard difficulty and Free Aim is the way to go! I sent you a friend request on the PSN too.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, what's your username? I received a few friend requests, and I'm not sure who is who.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, what's your username? I received a few friend requests, and I'm not sure who is who.

I have my name and everything in the message. It's a long one and starts with ert...
    I just beat the campaign for Max Payne 3, and WOW! So awesome, so moving, so freaking epic. Everyone needs to experience this game!
    I hear it's filled with cutscenes..hope you stuck with it! :-O
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I hear it's filled with cutscenes..hope you stuck with it! :-O
    It isn't heavy on them, and actually let's you play the game, unlike SOME titles.
    mgs4.jpg

:-\"
    edited May 2012 Posts: 784
    excellent game..glad you picked it.....go do yourself a favor and play this excellent series.

if only every character could be as badass as Snake...too bad it simply can't happen.
    excellent game..glad you picked it.....go do yourself a favor and play this excellent series.

if only every character could be as badass as Snake...too bad it simply can't happen.

I would pop it in, but I hate it when my controller gets dusty and there are legions of better games out there, like the one I am playing now. Hideo Kojima simply blurts out onto paper a bunch of garble and tries to make a story out of it. By the end of MGS4, you know, before the hour long ending cinematic, I get the feeling that an attempt was made to tie up loose ends, but more knots got made.

Is Max Payne 3 as good as the 1st 2?
  • oo7oo7
    um max payne 1 + 2 = 3, you work it out...
  • oo7oo7
    in saying this i imagine that by the time we get to hitman 5 we will no longer be able to judge a game by score of 5 stars or 10 out of 10s so does anyone else have a new form of rating we could judge a game on?
    prehaps we could rate it on actual bullets on screen at any one time paralleled with the music?
    I saw ign gave Payne a whole bunch of 9s then a bunch of 8.5s but somehow managed to bring the whole thing up to a overall 9 which rendered there reviewing of specific game stuff such as sound editing redundant?
    On another Bond related note it occured to me that Legends might actually not be the goldeneye engine again as eurcom i believe developed that ps2 Quantum of Solace game. could we be looking at another bloodstone/Everything or nothing?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

I would pop it in, but I hate it when my controller gets dusty and there are legions of better games out there, like the one I am playing now. Hideo Kojima simply blurts out onto paper a bunch of garble and tries to make a story out of it. By the end of MGS4, you know, before the hour long ending cinematic, I get the feeling that an attempt was made to tie up loose ends, but more knots got made.

The series continues only because people keep sending Kojima death threats. Can you blame him for trying to put a lot of dressing onto a little salad? (And if that analogy doesn't work, I'm sorry.)