Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

oo7 wrote:
    um max payne 1 + 2 = 3, you work it out...

Doesn't mean it's as good though does it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Max Payne 3 was a heavily enjoyable time, in terms of both SP and MP. The cutscenes were enjoyable and really fluent, going from cutscene to gameplay in a nice blend, making you pay attention so you don't jump into something that isn't a video and get shot.

As for MP, I've been having a real good time. Just spending my time with dual pistols, and I seem to be Top Player in about 85% of the matches I play. I just hope the fan base and player count stays strong, and the game doesn't turn empty in a few weeks/months.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I added you. Sorry about that; I saw the gamer tag earlier, just didn't know what to think of its length, so I wasn't sure if it was you, haha. Plus, people never add messages on to friend requests - thank you for doing that - so I rarely check. But yes, if we can get more people on here, we should all make a crew together. I'm in one now, but it's just a random one my friend and I joined so we could more easily connect together in matchmaking.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I just hope the fan base and player count stays strong, and the game doesn't turn empty in a few weeks/months.

I doubt that'll happen. People still play GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption today.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 40,368
    @thelivingroyale, I didn't care too much for RDR online, but GTA IV has always been a favorite. It still probably stands as my favorite game of all time, as I still give it countless hours of play time a week. Nothing will ever beat the MP gameplay of the first week's release. Just tons of people running around the streets of Liberty City, huge explosions, guns blazing, buses flying around. Good times. What's nice now is that after the release of MP3 dies down in the coming weeks, it will all be about GTA V. This will truly be a great year for releases if it is released in October, as rumors have lingered on, but I doubt it. Rockstar never releases two games in a year, if I recall correctly. Unless that Table Tennis game was released alongside something else a few years back?

Anyone else who has played MP3's campaign get a heavy 'Man On Fire' vibe?
    1 more day until Max Payne 3! almost 9 years of waiting is about to end...

I hope it's everything you want it to be; I know I'm loving it.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Creasy47 wrote:

I hope it's everything you want it to be; I know I'm loving it.

I love what I've seen of it, since it was released in the US on Tuesday though I've been avoiding new vids of it so I don't ruin the story or anything for myself.

All I've got since the 2nd game is a crap film starring Marky Mark as Max and Meg from Family Guy as Mona Sax, so I hope this is worth the wait.
    @thelivingroyale, I didn't really care for all of the demons portrayed from the drug, either. Kind of gave it a really weird vibe. I wish they would get James McAffrey to do a reboot.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Thanks @Creasy47, we should play soon. I finished the campaign and loved it, so I'll play the MP for now until I replay the campaign again. Regarding the campaign,
    I thought the last two missions with the police infiltration and airport level were some the greatest of the game, and so epic! I loved the slums as well and the Branco security level. I enjoy being challenged by a game, and Max Payne 3 did it for me big time. Huge replayability.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, absolutely. I'll be out with some friends for the next day, so perhaps tomorrow evening? I'm not sure your exact whereabouts, so there could be a drastic time difference.

As for the campaign,
    I, too, loved the last few missions. I just wanted to kill everyone more and more as time went on, because you're gunning through hoards of enemies, just trying to get this one last person. I was also very shocked by Rodrigo's wife's death. Very sudden, and at that point, I just knew that Max was going to go all out, trying to get redemption. Very big Man On Fire feel for me.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Well @Creasy, I live in Pennsylvania, so we're close and the same time zone I do believe.
    I have heard a Man On Fire comparison a lot to this game, and I haven't seen all of the film so I can't say. But indeed, Rodrigo's and Bianca's deaths were insanely startling, and if Max wouldn't have stormed into the hut Bianca may have lived. Marcello's death was equally shocking. Did you kill Decker at the end? I remember seeing a reticle pop up red on his body as Max looked down on him, but wasn't sure what that was about. I was sort of let down by the ending, and expected something more.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    How long is the campaign compared with the other two games length wise?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    How long is the campaign compared with the other two games length wise?
    I haven't played Max Payne 1 or 2, they are so hard to find, but I just got a free download for the first game with my copy of 3 so I may play it. As for 3 the game has been deemed short, but once you play it you really get your money's worth and the game itself feels were in depth and extensive. Enjoyable start to finish, and for a company like Rockstar who specialize in open world games, they handled the linearity of the Max Payne franchise extremely well.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Good to know, it sounds OK. Not too much on the short side. You must play the other two games, Brady. It's a pity you didn't play them first.

Maybe Rockstar missed a trick by not releasing an HD double pack for the new consoles. Thinking about it, even I would have bought them.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 40,368
    Well @Creasy, I live in Pennsylvania, so we're close and the same time zone I do believe.
    I have heard a Man On Fire comparison a lot to this game, and I haven't seen all of the film so I can't say. But indeed, Rodrigo's and Bianca's deaths were insanely startling, and if Max wouldn't have stormed into the hut Bianca may have lived. Marcello's death was equally shocking. Did you kill Decker at the end? I remember seeing a reticle pop up red on his body as Max looked down on him, but wasn't sure what that was about. I was sort of let down by the ending, and expected something more.

Nice, you live very close to me. I'm in West Virginia. I'll be at Hershey Park next month for a Dave Matthews Band concert.
    I, too, believe she may have lived if he didn't. Max just kept pointing out how much he didn't care about taking things safe, and storming in to the worst of situations wherever he went. Who knew it would catch up to him and result in Bianca's death. No, I didn't do it, either; I, too, noticed a red dot on his body at the last possible second, and let him live, sadly. On my second playthrough now on Medium, just to get the collectibles and kill him, haha.

Far Cry 3 two-week console-only beta will be out this summer. The only way to get it (as of now) is to purchase Ghost Recon: Future Soldier from GameStop AND be a PowerUp Rewards member for a redeemable beta code.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11738-Far-Cry-3-Console-Only-Beta-Catches-Fire-This-Summer.html
    Max Payne 3 is great, got it on 360 yesterday. The original is probably still my favourite because I liked the story better but I think this is an improvement over the 2nd, and it looks amazing.
    Max Payne 3 is great, got it on 360 yesterday. The original is probably still my favourite because I liked the story better but I think this is an improvement over the 2nd, and it looks amazing.

I have seen so many reviews that have said, "well, it's not the best looking game out there" when grading the graphics, and I'm like "ARE YOU KIDDING?! IT LOOKS AMAZING!" One of the prettiest games I've seen, and the character models are brilliant. Even an improvement over Red Dead, and that is an achievement.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, the graphics really are some of the best I've ever seen.

I picked up Rage the other day for the PS3, and heard about how it got all of these rave reviews, commending the graphics level, saying the game has some of the best graphics around. I'm not sure if anyone else has played the game, but the sky/lighting effects? Amazing. Everything else? Horrendous. Long load times, so I'll turn and no textures will have loaded up yet. Even when they do, the environments just look pretty bland. Not sure how a game like that is praised on a graphics level, yet MP3 isn't.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, the graphics really are some of the best I've ever seen.

I picked up Rage the other day for the PS3, and heard about how it got all of these rave reviews, commending the graphics level, saying the game has some of the best graphics around. I'm not sure if anyone else has played the game, but the sky/lighting effects? Amazing. Everything else? Horrendous. Long load times, so I'll turn and no textures will have loaded up yet. Even when they do, the environments just look pretty bland. Not sure how a game like that is praised on a graphics level, yet MP3 isn't.

Speaking of loading @Creasy47, I am playing the Max Payne 3 campaign again, and my cutscene cut out the audio so I am trying to skip it and restart the level, but you can never skip it. I am pressing X like a mad man but all I get at the bottom right is STILL LOADING. Literally the only complaint I have about the campaign, and it doesn't even involve the gameplay or story.
    Yeah, some of the cutscenes aren't skippable, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. It really sucks, too, when you narrowly miss a trophy and have to rewatch scenes to achieve it. There are two certain parts in the game where, in two different occurrences, my audio has cut out entirely. It's really odd.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Yeah, some of the cutscenes aren't skippable, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. It really sucks, too, when you narrowly miss a trophy and have to rewatch scenes to achieve it. There are two certain parts in the game where, in two different occurrences, my audio has cut out entirely. It's really odd.
    Was one instance
    during the New Jersey level starting in the bar where Max and Passos met?
    No, both of my instances were:
    When Payne is climbing across the balcony, as the paramilitary soldiers look onward on the Brazilian street below, which was Chapter 8 or 9, I believe, and also when Payne and the girl are escaping in the bus. When she hops in and he tells her how to drive and what he will do, both play times, the dialogue is very delayed.
    Instead of just using him as an inventor who gives the assassin's gadgets like Leonardo in past games, they're going to make Benjamin Franklin a perv (which he was, apparently, learn something new every day).

http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles/2253/20120519/assassins-creed-3-realistic-benjamin-franklin-ubisoft.htm
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Franklin's "real self" isn't shocking at all. Why are we calling him a "perv". Are we using a preschool insult here? The man loved women. So? The one thing about Washington, Jackson, Lincoln, and John Kennedy just out of the US's presidents were all powerful and brilliant men, yet had flaws to match. And IAN FLEMING in addition, is a perfect example of this. No one is perfect, the word shouldn't even be implicated. The sooner everyone sees that the better.
    Franklin's "real self" isn't shocking at all. Why are we calling him a "perv". Are we using a preschool insult here? The man loved women. So? The one thing about Washington, Jackson, Lincoln, and John Kennedy just out of the US's presidents were all powerful and brilliant men, yet had flaws to match. And IAN FLEMING in addition, is a perfect example of this. No one is perfect, the word shouldn't even be implicated. The sooner everyone sees that the better.

Not bashing the guy, just didn't know. I found the quote in the article hilarious.

Looks like we'll be using the stupid smart phone again. Probably going to take more pictures or hack into things, what an intresting gadget :-w
    @thelivingroyale, game does nothing for me. Looks exactly like Goldeneye Reloaded, and I was heavily bored of that game.
    OH MY GOD THAT LOOKS LIKE CRAP! Seriously, what the hell is it, Bond or Halo? If they picked MR for this game I absolutely shake with worry as to what else they have thrown in. :-<
    OH MY GOD THAT LOOKS LIKE CRAP! Seriously, what the hell is it, Bond or Halo? If they picked MR for this game I absolutely shake with worry as to what else they have thrown in. :-<

I agree. As much as I love Bond, I won't be wasting my money on it. I think it would have been cool if they just had the gadgets of each film for each section; why am I playing in an older film using a cellphone? Just doesn't work for me.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited May 2012 Posts: 2,635
    EA Games should rethink about get the Bond license back in 2014... I Miss you, EA.

If they are using a old film, it is supposed to be NOSTALGIC, not ACTUAL. Damn, Activision don't think about their fans today.