Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited May 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Something i like about Max 3 it's that it is on Brazil. Of course my country is not all over surrounded with violence, shots, guns, and all of that, we still have so many bad things such as the same above quoted, however we got a great forest, beautiful views, beautiful women - which some of'm could really be Bond girls - and so many other things i could say about it here along the day. Many other games and movies had been showing Brazil out there, such as Driver 2, COD MW2, and many others which i can't remember now. But all i need to say is, that i thank Rockstar to show a lot more of Brazil, and a bit of its reality, and also doing our nation participating in the world of videogames. Congratulations, and thank you guys!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Here's a new teaser trailer for 'Tomb Raider':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=90731

New Star Wars game coming to E3:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/new-star-wars-game-coming-to-e3-6378645
    We could be getting Saints Row 4, Mirrors Edge 2 and Bad Company 3.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/899274-mirrors-edge-2-battlefield-bad-company-3-and-saints-row-4-outed

This sounds good to me. Mirrors Edge was good, I loved the Bad Company games (the campaigns were so much better than bf3's), and Saints Row is always fun.
    @thelivingroyale, I think I posted about two of those a while back, and I'm looking forward to Bad Company 3. I just hope they take their time on it and it is as good as BF3, not rushed, and doesn't turn into unplayable junk.

I suppose that last detail can be said about BF3, because the whole server change thing made it totally unplayable for me.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Mirror's Edge 2, yes please. I love that game and it's worthy enough for us to see what comes next I feel.

Bad Company 3 should also be a strong game. I loved the last game's campaign. The final mission was so over the top but I did enjoy it, very much in fact.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Mirror's Edge 2, yes please. I love that game and it's worthy enough for us to see what comes next I feel.

Bad Company 3 should also be a strong game. I loved the last game's campaign. The final mission was so over the top but I did enjoy it, very much in fact.

Yeah, the final mission of Bad Company 2 was very over-the-top, but I enjoyed it. Really short, but the climax was intense, and the end cutscene leaves it as a nice way to continue on the third. At least we have some idea of what the setting might be for BC3.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

WOW :O

Activision, you idiots! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837

WOW :O

Activision, you idiots! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So it's like playing as the undercover cop from Hard Boiled, with GTA freedom, Just Cause 2 veichle hijacking, Assassin's Creed parkour chases, more martial arts, and Point Break style loyalty issues in the story???

Awesome :D What does this have to do with Activision though?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Activision were the ones who originally cancelled the game apparently because it wouldn't be able to compete with other open world games. So it sat cancelled for months until Square Enix saw its potential and picked it up again, and it has become the amazing game it looks like now. Hence, up yours Activision. :D
    Activision were the ones who originally cancelled the game apparently because it wouldn't be able to compete with other open world games. So it sat cancelled for months until Square Enix saw its potential and picked it up again, and it has become the amazing game it looks like now. Hence, up yours Activision. :D

So it was True Crime: Hong Kong or something, correct? Premiered at E3, cancelled a while later by Activision, then picked up by Square Enix and renamed Sleeping Dogs? Just making sure I have it all laid out properly. Could be a good game, but I'll probably wait until after its release for reviews and a used purchase, in case I don't like it.

It's just hard for me to spend $60 on a new game any more unless I'm absolutely, positively sure that I am going to love the game, ala BF3, Skyrim, Max Payne 3, Mass Effect 3, etc.

Even next month's Spec Ops: The Line looks and plays well, but I don't think I can shell out $60 for it. I need to save the money I have now for college textbooks.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Yeah, this is True Crime: Hong Kong in all but name. I liked the first two, the first in particular so it's nice to welcome this series back after seven years.

I never pay the full price for games, I'll only spend £20 - £25 at the most. Call me tight, cheap, whatever you like but I just don't mind waiting for a bargin, no matter how long it takes.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Yeah, this is True Crime: Hong Kong in all but name. I liked the first two, the first in particular so it's nice to welcome this series back after seven years.

I never pay the full price for games, I'll only spend £20 - £25 at the most. Call me tight, cheap, whatever you like but I just don't mind waiting for a bargin, no matter how long it takes.

I remember spending hours on the first True Crime following cars, shooting at the bumper, and watching the car explode and fly up into the air. Such entertaining fun at such a younger age.
    I remember "Damn, this mess is going to take one - load of paperwork" and "walking in, looking good".

Good fun indeed. If only my PS3 played PS2 games. My first one did but it died a couple of years ago.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I remember "Damn, this mess is going to take one - load of paperwork" and "walking in, looking good".

Good fun indeed. If only my PS3 played PS2 games. My first one did but it died a couple of years ago.

Real shame that the only PS3's that will play PS2 games are the older ones that weigh four tons.
    So this is True Crime 3? Cool. I loved the 1st one.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    So this is True Crime 3? Cool. I loved the 1st one.

Officially, no. Unofficially, sorta.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 40,449
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    New Hitman: Absolution Trailer. How powerful.
    New trailer for the Skyrim DLC. CROSSBOWS!!!!

I am debating whether or not to purchase the new Batman Arkham City DLC. I was saving up to get some Max Payne 3 DLC, but I feel like the Batman DLC is much more crucial, considering that the DLC adds on to the game right from the ending. Any thoughts? For anyone that has purchased and played the DLC, how is it?
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I would agree that the Arkham City DLC will probably be better; goes along with the storyline, and adds more missions, I'm assuming? The Max Payne 3 DLC will be just online maps and characters, and I'm sure they won't be added in to the mix of the retail maps, but a separate game mode on their own, so you can't play them without someone who has already purchased said DLC.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I would agree that the Arkham City DLC will probably be better; goes along with the storyline, and adds more missions, I'm assuming? The Max Payne 3 DLC will be just online maps and characters, and I'm sure they won't be added in to the mix of the retail maps, but a separate game mode on their own, so you can't play them without someone who has already purchased said DLC.
    Yes, the Batman DLC adds on two hours+ to the game's ending, though I believe it is better left alone.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I agree. More gameplay is always nice, but I think the ending needn't be touched upon.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Is Arkham City good?
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Is Arkham City good?

Is the sky blue on a warm summer day? Does green grass fill the rolling hills? Does pure white snow flurry around a warm cabin in the stark cold of a long winter?
    edited June 2012 Posts: 2,635
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Is Arkham City good?

Is the sky blue on a warm summer day? Does green grass fill the rolling hills? Does pure white snow flurry around a warm cabin in the stark cold of a long winter?

Nope troll.png

Besides jokes and trollings, i understand your point. I never played any Batman games, may this be a good chance for me to review.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Is Arkham City good?

Nope troll.png

In all seriousness @X3MSonicX, it is great, and well worth the money.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Is Arkham City good?

Nope troll.png

In all seriousness @X3MSonicX, it is great, and well worth the money.

Yes. I've already heard about this game a lot, i see that it's developers made a great work.