Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I took the plunge. The Batman DLC is downloading as we speak.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I am hoping for a game that gets back to the roots of stealth....I am kinda sick of the COD engine type games. I wanna play a stealth like puzzle game...its a shame we aren't getting high quality games right now.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @WillardWhyte, you could try out games like Splinter Cell or Velvet Assassin.
    Splinter Cell, is an ok game..never hear of the other. may look into it.
    Splinter Cell, is an ok game..never hear of the other. may look into it.

It was pretty under-the-radar with low-to-mediocre reviews, but I played it one time, and I recall it having a pretty heavy stealth aspect.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Back to the Batman discussion for a sec: Is Arkham City any different than Arkham Asylum? Because I played Arkham Asylum, and it bored the sh*t out of me.
    Back to the Batman discussion for a sec: Is Arkham City any different than Arkham Asylum? Because I played Arkham Asylum, and it bored the sh*t out of me.

Arkham Asylum was much more linear, with slight backtracking for collectibles. Arkham City is a large chunk of the city, it's played out like a sandbox game - story missions, tons of side missions, tons of collectibles, even cool easter eggs - and there's a lot more to do, all while retaining the extremely addictive gameplay.

If you liked the Arkham Asylum gameplay, but just didn't care for the story or lack of things to do, Arkham City will make up for it in both departments.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Never before in my life has there been a game made just for me like Arkham City. Get the DLC- you get to be Robin-who for the first time, ever, actually is pretty cool

*edit- if there was ONE thing I'd change about Arkham City it would be this: I wish we had all of Gotham to play in. Don't get me wrong, it's still HUGE, but the story takes place in a blocked off section of the city as a prison (hence the title), sort of like 'Escape from New York'.
    If I could also go to Wayne Manor and the Batcave as I pleased, that would be perfect
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I would love if Rocksteady made a game of out Nolan's trilogy. That would be the ultimate treat.
    Or hell I'd be happy with another round of DLC skins! Give us Bale, Keaton, Kilmer..... even WEST :-)
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I would love if Rocksteady made a game of out Nolan's trilogy. That would be the ultimate treat.

That would be mind blowing.
    Will they follow up with a third game or try something new? If they try something new, Nolan's trilogy makes the most sense - to me anyway.
    @Samuel001, I'm not sure, but if they do, I wonder where they will take it to from there. The asylum, then the city, what next?
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    The world!... ;)

I've heard in interviews someone from Rocksteady describe the series as a trilogy but whether this comes to pass remains to be seen. Should we expect another game next year?
    If only! ;)

I actually read about this upcoming PC/MAC zombie game coming out that focuses on making a realistic survival experience with unlimited playing grounds: you play in this certain area, shape shift it, gather survivors, survive yourself, etc., and there are connecting bridges you can go to that lead to other people's play areas, which will be different. Sounds pretty interesting.
    The third one could drop the 'Arkham' finally and be called 'Batman: Gotham City'. Then it could be totally open world like I had mentioned above, AND let you use the Batmobile!!
    ...use the Batmobile? I would love that.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I got the DLC last night, and will probably play it soon tonight. Has anyone else gotten to play it?

The one thing I wanted dearly out of Batman AC was
    to play as Bruce sans batsuit
    , and that happened. I can't wait to see what else Rocksteady has for us.
    Just imagine if the next game lets us go to the Batcave and Wayne Manor-- then you could do that at will! Maybe it would be essential for a particular mission, I don't know

So many possibilities-- I can just imagine if this game had been released when I was a little kid- I'd have never done any homework, lol
    The new MGS still looks garbage, and truly takes out everything that makes the games apart of the MGS franchise, like...STEALTH!!!!!!!! And is it seriously called Revengeance?

*FACEPALM*

edited June 2012 Posts: 40,469
    Terrible, terrible subtitle for it. And I've never gotten into the MGS games, but it seems like a lot of older franchises lately have been taking away all aspects of what made the original great, just to cater to the GoW/CoD fan base.

E3 is revving up, so expect a lot of news lately. I'll post what I can.

Here is EA's line-up for E3:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11882-EA-s-E3-Line-Up-Reveals-Criterion-s-Need-For-Speed--Most-Wanted.html

They are revealing 'Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2', not sure why it states it's the original.
    MGS now looks more cinematic that tactical stealth, like MGS4 had, with a mix of cinematic action. This just looks all cinematic, no stealth.
    I LOVED the Depeche Mode in that trailer!! The game looks very Ninja Gaiden esque, and I'll certainly miss Snake, but it will be cool to see what happens after MGS4. I'll take it as a 'Never Say Never Again' on the Metal Gear Series

*Depeche Mode HAS to do a Bond song before I die
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,469
    Does anyone have something they're praying to hear from in terms of E3?

Mine is GTA V, but I'm sure it won't appear. Rockstar has been absent for a long time now when it comes to E3, and in February, they said we would hear a lot more news in the coming months. As Max Payne 3's release date has passed, I only hope we hear something very, very soon. A new trailer, information, a release date, something.

Off topic, but I'm nearly in tears right now. I'm playing through Max Payne 3, the third mission, and there's a point where you and Passos enter a certain room. Well, I don't know what happened, but it's glitched, and in the following cutscene, Passos is planking, flat out, floating through the air. He's still talking, and the gun he is holding is jammed through his body, and it just looks hilarious.

He's speaking nonchalantly, yet floating along the room next to Max, stiff as a board. I love glitches like this.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 784
    I am glad that Hideo Kojima's ( the best designer in history) name is not attach to this new MGS project....he would be ashamed. I will however look forward to MGS5 which hopefully will be a Big Boss game or The Boss game. So much potential for these two characters!!
    I am glad that Hideo Kojima's ( the best designer in history) name is not attach to this new MGS project....he would be ashamed. I will however look forward to MGS5 which hopefully will be a Big Boss game or The Boss game. So much potential for these two characters!!
    Not attached? I have seen him at every presentation of this game.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 784
    He did not create this game or any aspect of it. The people below him have done everything. Hence why he is not connected with this game. He is brewing up MGS5 ideas with Big Boss, If I were to guess..and rightfully so. The Boss and Big Boss have so many untapped paths that can still be used.

The pure fact of how awesome Peace Walker turned out....warrants another Big Boss game.
    Like I have said though, why has he been at presentations for the game and explaining it hands-on if he isn't involved in it's development?
    Maybe because Kojima Productions had designed the game ( but like I said ...the people below Hideo Kojima have been the ones creating this game....not Hideo himself .. he was not involved as he has stated in numerous interviews and most importantly his interview in PSN magazine) . So maybe he just has to play the part.

Do some research if your worried about it man.