Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

So does "alpha game footage" mean that the game is actually going to look like this? If so, wow. It looks amazing. I thought the last one was a fantastic looking game but this is on a whole other level. Graphics just keep getting better and better nowadays. I'm guessing since it isn't called Assassin's Creed V, they've dropped the numbered titles for good now.

And yep, it's only on the new consoles, so it looks like I'm getting either a ps4 or xbox one come November. This game is going to be brilliant.

I can't believe that's all in-game footage.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'll be buying a PS4, but not this year.
    I didn't realise that Batman: Arkham Knight isn't being released on PS3. That means I'll definitely have to get a PS4 for Xmas now ;-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I didn't realise that Batman: Arkham Knight isn't being released on PS3. That means I'll definitely have to get a PS4 for Xmas now ;-)

I didn't know that either until you just said that. I was wondering why my buddy kept saying he has to get a PS4 before 'Arkham Knight' is released.
    I wish UBISOFT would pickup the pieces of the Bond franchise in gaming. I am sure they would get it right. I would like to see an independent story being written and produced by the group behind the AC series. Yes, I am a big fan of the AC series. Just to let you know, they play great on a PC.
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/83676/macgyver-game-being-duct-taped-together-for-mobile

personally I would prefer an Ubisoft MacGyver game but still hopefully this actually comes out unlike Highlander the game...man that looked awesome.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, Richard Dean Anderson returned to Stargate for an iOS game, I can't see why he wouldn't return to his most famous role to somehow take a twig, duct tape and a piece of PVC pipe and make a bomb.
    Seeing as I went from the 360 to the PS4 and missed out on this gem, I'm excited for this:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-12841-The-Last-of-Us-Remastered-PS4-Trailer-Released.html
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Seeing as I went from the 360 to the PS4 and missed out on this gem, I'm excited for this:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-12841-The-Last-of-Us-Remastered-PS4-Trailer-Released.html
    That was the remastered footage? Looks just like the PS3 graphics to me, though it doesn't matter in the first place.

I know you'll enjoy it once you play it, @Creasy47. It respects story, characters and gameplay first and foremost above everything else. And Ellie's a badass.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:

That was the remastered footage? Looks just like the PS3 graphics to me, though it doesn't matter in the first place.

I know you'll enjoy it once you play it, @Creasy47. It respects story, characters and gameplay first and foremost above everything else. And Ellie's a badass.

There wasn't much of a graphical jump between generations this time around, so that's to be expected. I still plan on buying the PS3 version some day.
    Well the graphics looked fantastic on the PS3, and graphics are never a big concern of mine. What I care about is story and gameplay, and it looks really fantastic, and based on all the reviews, it's well worth a purchase.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Well the graphics looked fantastic on the PS3, and graphics are never a big concern of mine. What I care about is story and gameplay, and it looks really fantastic, and based on all the reviews, it's well worth a purchase.

You're not gonna be disappointed. I'm tempted to buy it again at some point.
    @WillyGalore, I am happy to hear that. Well with the PS4 getting Remastered editions of both 'Tomb Raider' and 'The Last Of Us,' I wonder what might come in the future.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I've never found graphics to be all that important either. I hate it when people claim that "Graphics are the only think!" (and yes, they do put "think" instead of "thing").
    Couldn't see from that trailer if there is any significant jump in the quality of the graphics.
    @Agent007391, same here. I'll take a game with fantastic gameplay/story/replayability and dull graphics over a vice versa situation any day.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Agent007391, same here. I'll take a game with fantastic gameplay/story/replayability and dull graphics over a vice versa situation any day.

Prime example: Grand Theft Auto. Dated 16 bit graphics with some of the most original and addictive gameplay ever.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Prime example: Grand Theft Auto. Dated 16 bit graphics with some of the most original and addictive gameplay ever.

Well... Maybe GTA3 and up. Nothing to do with graphics, but I just can't enjoy myself with GTA1, 2 or the London games.
    @Agent007391, agreed. I couldn't get into those, but 'GTA III' on was perfection. Graphics are irrelevant, I could play those games for days.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I could play those games for days.

I still do.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited April 2014 Posts: 1,257
    The Last of Us is the type of game I would like to see more often. By that I mean a story driven game with a interesting plot and characters. I don't want the games I play to be like Michael Bay movies. Too often now days we just get a cookie cutter single player campaign that takes the backseat to uninspired multiplayer gameplay.
    The Last of Us is the type of game I would like to see more often. By that I mean a story driven game with a interesting plot and characters. I don't want the games I play to be like Michael Bay movies. Too often now days we just get a cookie cutter single player campaign that takes the backseat to uninspired multiplayer gameplay.

That's why I always support developers like Naughty Dog and Rockstar. They care about story, characters and gameplay above all else, especially the latter. Look at just Red Dead Redemption alone, one of the few games I would truly call a masterpiece.

That's why I always support developers like Naughty Dog and Rockstar. They care about story, characters and gameplay above all else, especially the latter. Look at just Red Dead Redemption alone, one of the few games I would truly call a masterpiece.

I thought that was a highly overrated game.Just GTA in the wild west.
    AstonLotus wrote:

No, that was Gun, also a good game.
    AstonLotus wrote:

Red Dead Revolver, you mean?
    AstonLotus wrote:

Red Dead Revolver, you mean?

Wouldn't know, never played it. I was talking about Gun, which was literally just GTA: Wild West, with some of the best actors playing the characters. Tom Jane, Kris Kristofferson, Lance Henrickson, Brad Dourif, Tom Skerrit, Ron Perlman... The cast alone made that game awesome.
    @Agent007391, I'm happy to see some 'Gun' fans on here. That game was amazing, I played through it so many times.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2014 Posts: 13,350
    It's also a game known for that moment, shown in full view.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Agent007391, I'm happy to see some 'Gun' fans on here. That game was amazing, I played through it so many times.

It needs a sequel.
    Creasy47 wrote:

It needs a sequel.

That it does. I would love to dive into that same world again, I couldn't get enough of the first game.