You're not a real Bond fan unless...

124»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Cdr_Bond wrote:
    You're not a bond fan unless the clothes you wear were in the movies, or as near as one can afford.

Nice to be in this category, then. I own a blue polo that is nearly identical to the Sunspel one that Craig wears in CR, a pair of pants that look like his when he steps off the plane in Nassau, along with his white button-up short sleeve shirt.
    or unless you recognize that Die Another Day, Diamonds are Forever and Quantum Of Solace are awful movies, Tanya Roberts can't act, James Bond franchise has no place for Halle Berry or Grace Jones, you want to punch something when you hear the slide whistle in Golden Gun, appreciate that an 'Invisible Car' concept is ridiculous for the 007 series, and you want your own double taking pigeon...
    I own the sunspel polo. Ted baker trousers similar to the pair in CR. persol sunglasses, churches chukka boots, unfortunately i cant afford the Tom Ford apparel.
    I'm very jealous about the Persol's and the chukkas. I really want to get a pair of both.

I'm currently saving up for the Tom Ford William (I believe that's the model) pair of shades, the one that Craig wears in Port-au-Prince in QoS. I love those. I went into a sunglass store near the Dulles Airport in Virginia, and they had them for over $400. I tried them on, and nothing has ever felt that good. I must own a pair.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @imranbecks, not sure if your last line there was a nod to what Bond says in the PTS of CR, but I like it, haha.

It was! Glad you noticed that! Come to think of it, perhaps only a true Bond fan would probably notice that actually..hahaha
    Haha, I would like to think so! I catch those in posts from time to time, not sure if they're always intentional by everybody or not, but I enjoy reading them.
    You're a true Bond fan if you adjust your cufflinks after jumping off of the roof of a train.
    You're a true Bond fan if you adjust your cufflinks after jumping off of the roof of a train.

I always do this. I casually look around the train as I do it, too, that's key.
  • You're a true Bond fan if you adjust your cufflinks after jumping off of the roof of a train.

Or adjust your tie while destroying a town in a tank chase.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Or adjust your tie while destroying a town in a tank chase.

Let's not forget when you submerge a "fishing boat" even though there's no glass.