Man of Steel (2013)

Comments

• DeLancieFan96DeLancieFan96 Banned
    Cool trailer cool posters... Looks like Zack Snider was born to make this movie. Keep an eye on this one for oscar season. The first superhero best picture?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Cool trailer cool posters... Looks like Zack Snider was born to make this movie. Keep an eye on this one for oscar season. The first superhero best picture?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 1,215

I'm sure it'll be good, but that's still probably a stretch. This looks too "superhero movie-ish" to win Best Picture. It would really have to be something along the lines of The Dark Knight (which I hardly even consider to be a superhero movie).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This movie really deserves to be awesome and by Jove it bloody well will. This isn't about oscars but re-establishing a character and a movie series so full of potential that needs to be fully realised. As great and awesome as Reeve was, for too long Supes has fetishised nostalgia. MoS looks to have done something different.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 1,107
    April 18, 2013: Happy 75th Anniversary Superman!

521651_554834931228380_197116750_n.jpg

chris_reeve.jpg

130417-poster13.jpg

PRESS RELEASE: Superman Day Declared In Cleveland
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/USSENTERPRISE/news/?a=77799#23zwBYDRwRVLq7oB.99
    Brilliant new trailer. Just hope it's as good as Superman Returns which is vastly underrated IMO.
  • Dalton12 wrote:
    April 18, 2013: Happy 75th Anniversary Superman!

521651_554834931228380_197116750_n.jpg

chris_reeve.jpg

130417-poster13.jpg

PRESS RELEASE: Superman Day Declared In Cleveland
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/USSENTERPRISE/news/?a=77799#23zwBYDRwRVLq7oB.99

Happy anniversary superman !! Thank-you Siegal and Shuster for introducing Superman to the world, and all the other creative and courageous people who've shaped him since. Happy Birthday Superman!
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 4,813
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Just hope it's as good as Superman Returns which is vastly underrated IMO.
    I think it's safe to say it'll be better than Superman Returns ;)

Happy Birthday Superman!
    realsupercafe.jpg
    new still from Man of Steel debut

539802_554935317885008_1909017866_n.jpg
    Superman vs Tanks-- I used to play that all the time with my action figures as a kid :D

(and Batman vs Terminator and so on)
    Happy birthday Superman, the greatest comic book super hero.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Happy Birthday, Superman, or as Batman calls you: the "Boy Scout."

Here's to 75 more years of believing a man can fly!

AnimatedSupes.gif
  • Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    I've heard some online joking around about it on the various sites, but I truly think that Man of Steel will be the first super hero movie to win BEST PICTURE! First Nolan thrilled us with his take on Batman, now he brings that same darkness that same fruitful taste to the man of Steel, Jor-rEl
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Bradford4 wrote:
    I've heard some online joking around about it on the various sites, but I truly think that Man of Steel will be the first super hero movie to win BEST PICTURE! First Nolan thrilled us with his take on Batman, now he brings that same darkness that same fruitful taste to the man of Steel, Jor-rEl

I'm sure it's Kal-El.

Bradford4 wrote:

Man of steel ia not going to be dark as the nolan movies. Nolan’s material is way too dark anyway for the superman movie, to which superman is not suppose to be about dark and grittiness. And Nolan is only producer it is SNYDER’S baby, and I know that probably induces massive shuttering around the globe, but I feel we will all be pleasantly surprised. I will be happy to eat my words if the movie blows.
    Latest Development In WB Legal Battle Means They Can Now Release A SUPERBOY Movie

While there's nothing to say that this will actually happen, a recent ruling by the U.S. District Court in the studio's favour means that Warner Bros. are now fully entitled to make a Superboy movie.
    249728948247989.jpg

Warner Bros. has had to be very careful with how they use Superboy on television and in films, which is perhaps why (apart from one offhand reference) we never saw Tom Welling's Clark Kent referred to by that name in Smallville. It's also why we probably shouldn't expect to see that part of the character's past explored in Zack Snyder's upcoming Man of Steel. However, now that the U.S. District Court has sided with the studio in their battle against the Siegel estate, things may be about to change. What this means is that Warner Bros. now have full license to make a Superboy movie or TV show. As Deadline points out, "it’s premature to start talking about a Superboy movie. But not if Man of Steel‘s June 14-16 opening weekend box office is a big as anticipated." Rather than focusing on a young Superman, it's far more interesting to imagine some sort of Man of Steel spin-off which would focus on the version of the character who is a clone of both Clark Kent and Lex Luthor.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=77875#RiFDYqpMvLU6CX8W.99
    Hee hee I remember watching the TV show as a young boy (and The Flash!!!) Good stuff.

I never really closely followed Superboy in the comics-- the most I ever paid attention was the 90's 'Reign of the Supermen' story. Maybe someone can answer a question for me:

Is this guy

superboy001.jpg

the same as this guy?

Superboy_21312.jpg

Or is the black-shirted character some sort of reboot, and not the clone from Reign of the Supermen?
    Hee hee I remember watching the TV show as a young boy (and The Flash!!!) Good stuff.

I never really closely followed Superboy in the comics-- the most I ever paid attention was the 90's 'Reign of the Supermen' story. Maybe someone can answer a question for me:

Is this guy

superboy001.jpg

the same as this guy?

Superboy_21312.jpg

Or is the black-shirted character some sort of reboot, and not the clone from Reign of the Supermen?

the first one is The Metropolis Kid, who hated being called Superboy appeared in The Adventures of Superman, starting with #501 :D
    reckless teenage clone of Superman. He is the result of the brief time Cadmus attempted to clone Superman. He later had a career as Superboy.

the second one is Originally a metahuman clone of human origin genetically engineered to look like Superman with simulated powers, he was retconned in Teen Titans vol. 3, #1 (September 2003) as a Kryptonian/human hybrid clone of Superman and his arch nemesis Lex Luthor.
    Yeesh, attack of the clones....

That sucks, I always assumed they were the same guy. That would have made way more sense, since The Metropolis Kid did indeed continue as Superboy on his own after Reign of the Supermen. What- did they just write him out of existence?
    Yeesh, attack of the clones....

That sucks, I always assumed they were the same guy. That would have made way more sense, since The Metropolis Kid did indeed continue as Superboy on his own after Reign of the Supermen. What- did they just write him out of existence?

yes, most likely.
    I think I know what superhero movie will dominate this summer:

11ujek4.jpg
    I think I know what superhero movie will dominate this summer:

11ujek4.jpg

MOS is one of the most anticipated films in a decade IM3 is a typical action blockbuster. Superman is ten times more famous than Iron Man and people are really geeked over this. Nolan name alone gets half of IM fans in the seats Superman alone will finish it off. MOS will beat IM3.
    This is great !! - Man of Steel Trailer #3 - Christopher Reeve Style

Man Of Steel trailer reimagined with 1979Superman OST by John Williams

superman_in_man_of_steel-1920x1080.jpg
    New stills :

9fi264G.jpg

wGmiIQS.jpg

mD4W0BR.jpg

iCdIhPL.jpg

fOss99A.jpg

KSEExRu.jpg

2VI5FfP.jpg

k6OpIPi.jpg

sfuZqyW.jpg

cP1NZsD.jpg
    8662291698_ce36be6b47_c.jpg
    Dalton12 wrote:
    8662291698_ce36be6b47_c.jpg

Oh, this feels so right! \m/
    Coooooooool

68541_10100138551613631_1330965785_n.jpg