Movies, TV Shows or Videogames that scare/disgust or repulse you.

MurdockMurdock The minus world
edited September 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 16,330
I'm a movie Buff and occasionally catch the current tv trends but there are a couple things that creep me out that I never want to watch them ever again and they are....

The Lawnmower Man.
http://www.gameexpress.com/images/product/original/719575030182F.JPG
This picture is more than enough reason why I cannot watch this movie. Despite being a Pierce Brosnan fan, I cannot watch this movie. I first saw this movie a few years ago out of curiosity and I gotta say...It freaked me out. The CGI (While being in it's infancy) Was very nightmarish and somewhat haunted me. That face in the picture above always freaks me out and I wish not to see it ever again.

TV shows that do the same effect...1000 ways to Die.
While some deaths in movies don't bother me, The way this show simulates real, graphic, horrible deaths is very horrifying, My mom watches it constantly, It's made me sick to my stomach before.

In my younger day, the Resident Evil games used to give me the heebie jeebies, but In my adulthood, they don't frighten me as much as they used to...but the Giant Spiders still scare me.

So my fellow MI6 agents, what movies, TV shows or Videogames traumatize you?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    While I can't really think of anything I just can't watch in terms of horror or scares, some films are beyond scary, and actually bring me to chills when I think of it. Take 'Insidious,' for example. I'll put it in a spoiler, just for those who haven't seen it, but any time I talk about this scene with someone, my whole body gets chills:
    The scene after they move, and the mom takes the garbage out and you hear the record playing. It's just the middle of the day in this beautiful neighborhood, and she looks right through the front window and sees the demon chimney sweeper boy just dancing to Tiny Tim, only to run away. Not only that, but the scariest part about it is before all of this happens, and she walks through the little room of the kitchen, you can see him standing in the corner, staring at the wall.

That part just does it for me, along with many other scenes in the film. Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent horror film filled with tons of scares, but ever since I saw it for the first time, I haven't been able to go back. It's just incredibly scary.

Another noteworthy entry would be 'The Descent.' Not only was it haunting and made me jump countless times, but I first saw it the night before release at a theater my friend worked at when I visited him over the summer in South Carolina around the time of release. It was just he, his two friends, and I in the entirety of this large, dark theater watching the film. For some reason, it made it that much more scary. We went home and sat in the living room until daylight talking about it, and to this day, no matter how many times I see it, it still scares the hell out of me.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 5,745
    This is a video game, but if you go on YouTube and watch a play-through of the game called "Slender", it's the most terrifying thing I've seen.

In the came, you hunt through the woods with only a flashlight trying to find notes telling the story of the 'Slender man', but as you do he slowly creeps up on you. He comes closer every time you see him, but when you see him he isn't moving.

Sometimes you only see his feet underneath a truck, but when you turn back around again he'll be next to the tree you were just standing at. You never see him walking, and he has no face, he just slowly edges closer to you the more you look at him.

Here's a link to a couple of play-throughs. It's really fun stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Slender+playthrough&oq=Slender+playthrough&gs_l=youtube.3..0l10.107168.108160.0.108357.11.4.0.7.7.0.156.457.1j3.4.0...0.0...1ac.1.MNDDOyMGA7U

This one's pretty good.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @JWESTBROOK, I love watching reaction videos of that, along with the PC game 'Amnesia.' I watched a Swedish guy on Youtube playing 'Slender,' and his reactions are hilarious. 'Pewdiepie' or something like that is his username, I believe. His videos are just reactions and gameplay of him playing PC horror games.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited September 2012 Posts: 2,629
    The Human Centipede. I regret ever watching this disgusting film. The Human Centipede easily could leave a bad taste in someone's mouth.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer is horrific, if anyone has seen it, they will know what I mean. As for TV, nothing could be more disgusting then watching tanned 5 year old girls dressed in regal dresses and tiaras by their idiot parents, no less, starting on their path to be a life-long spoiled brat. :-S

And Psycho is super scary. There is just something about
    Norman running with a smile and knife in hand that sends shivers up my spine. That wig and dress are simply frightening, no lies.
    I love that film though, so I do not mean to include it with any repulsive material. Hitchcock did a very hard thing by making it horror, but horror that isn't overly gory or tasteless. The master of suspense indeed.

Another great film for the scary sort is Halloween, possibly my favorite horror film. I spend the time around halloween rewatching the films whenever they are on, usually on AMC. There is a great spark that comes from these films. The original was so real, and didn't have all the corny crap you find in films today. It seemed more real than ever. And scenes with Laurie staring out her window and seeing Michael, then looking away and in a flash he is gone is the kind of stuff that made me a very paranoid little boy. Michael is king. He was the one who made series like Friday the 13th and Elm Street possible because he brought back the horror film and set some standards for the genre. The teenagers all being picked off, the silent yet frightening man with a weapon, the whole "is he dead, or not" argument, and that great musical accompaniment to the killing, and so many more. Halloween as a series just has more to offer than Jason or Freddy. There are times where you feel sympathy for the guy, like when he meets Laurie time and time again. You just get a sense that there is a soul behind the mask and the killing, unlike for Jason and Freddy who come off as very one-dimensional. And Loomis is not only one of horror's greatest characters, but one of the greatest characters ever! The man is an absolute thrill to watch, even without a white cat ;) . And what I love about Halloween is there is a long continuation between films. We get some stuff with Laurie and Loomis, and then Michael's niece, and at the end of it all it comes full circle. Great, great series, and that annual time for a marathon is fast approaching!

I also love the Scream films, though I haven't seen all of 4 and will pretend it never happened as I can see how stupid it was. I was first introduced to the films when I was around 8 or 9. I went over to a friend's house and he popped in all the films, one by one. My little mind didn't even know what was coming. For hours and hours I saw horrific stabbing after horrific stabbing, another teenage life torn away without warning. I had nightmares for a long time after that, and now and again they still get me. I just want to yell "BEHIND YOU, DEWEY!" a lot, and I swear, the death of
    Randy is one of the greatest losses in horror.
    What a great character. I love the series, especially #1. Sydney is one of the greatest characters, and probably a top 3 female horror icon. As a character she is a smart and strong woman, and that is great to see instead of the common dumb popular girl archetype that has plagued the genre. She says in #1 that girls in scary movies are stupid for running up the stairs instead of going for the door, but when the killer comes for her she does just that. #1 did some amazing things, with the big twist, Randy's rules, and just turning the genre on its head by making some of the most memorable characters on screen with Sydney, Dewey, Gale, and Cotton, along with many more.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Human Centipede was disgusting.

I'm not really scared by many horror films. When I was a little kid though I used to be scared of going to sleep because of Nightmare On Elm Street (which I still think is without a doubt the best slasher film ever made).

Another one is The Wickerman. It isn't scary, but it's really f*cking creepy. Creeps me out every time I watch it, especially at the end. The remake just makes me laugh.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Even as a longtime Horror fan, Nosferatu (1979) still gives me the creeps every time I watch it. Just thinking about the soundtrack sends shivers down my spine.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Even as a longtime Horror fan, Nosferatu (1979) still gives me the creeps every time I watch it. Just thinking about the soundtrack sends shivers down my spine.

I am dying to see the original.

The only time I've seen Nosferatu is on Spongebob I'm ashamed to say :(
    BAIN123 wrote:

The only time I've seen Nosferatu is on Spongebob I'm ashamed to say :(
    That is the first time I was aware of him too! Damn him and that light switch. :))
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Human Centipede was disgusting.

It was just infantile.

Only got made because everyone knew the controversy it stirred up would be enough to make its money back. Not even a patch on Hostel, which itself is pretty average.

The main guy in it is pretty creepy though, if somewhat on the hammy side.