Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited September 2 Posts: 8,156
    mtm wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »

Quite bizarre to see they’re doing Lynley again.

Although my daughter and I did watch quite a bit of British television in the early to mid 2000's I am not familiar with this character. Nathaniel Parker has a somewhat Dalton look; I wonder if he was ever considered for Bond.

(Edit) I see that he does have a Bond connection.

https://www.ianfleming.com/agent-field-nathaniel-parker/
    Aaron Taylor Johnson and Tom Hardy to star in Cary Fukunaga’s ‘Blood on Snow’.

https://filmstories.co.uk/news/aaron-taylor-johnson-and-tom-hardy-blood-on-snow/

Between the 28 Years Later films, the film with Theo James, and now this, ATJ is certainly booking the films.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Lol, who does ATJ’s character sound like?

[Olav (Johnson), is a cold, efficient killer, perfect for the job. But beneath his ruthless exterior lies an unexpected intelligence and an unwavering moral code shaped by a complicated childhood…/b]
    Oh, that's a Jo Nesbo adaptation (he's a Scandinavian writer who wrote The Snowman if anyone's seen the film version with Michael Fassbender. A masterpiece of editing/filmmaking...)

Never read that particular book, but from what I've read of him his books are sort of airport reads - more or less thrillers/crime stories with a hint of black comedy/absurdity that no one quite seems to get right in adaptation. Not sure if even Cary would quite bring that out to be honest.
    'Headhunters' is a brilliant thriller! 'The Snowman' not so much!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    'Headhunters' is a brilliant thriller! 'The Snowman' not so much!

Headhunters is one of my favorite thrillers in recent memory. Rewatched it a couple months back and it really holds up.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    I was going to say Headhunters, but I'm much slower than you guys.

I've seen it two or three times, always good.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah Headhunters is lots of fun and I think adapts Nesbo decently.
    I'm not gonna lie, that's one I haven't actually watched, haha!

I'll definitely get round to it now though.
  • Informe_James_BondInforme_James_Bond Dominican Republic
    Well, I guess Aaron Taylor-Johnson will be busy on other film projects. I don't think EON wants their actor to have a different movie the same year.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited September 5 Posts: 3,112
    talos7 wrote: »
    Lol, who does ATJ’s character sound like?

[Olav (Johnson), is a cold, efficient killer, perfect for the job. But beneath his ruthless exterior lies an unexpected intelligence and an unwavering moral code shaped by a complicated childhood…/b]
    :D
    Well, we often say it's difficult to gauge someone's potential for Bond as they're not actually playing Bond in any of the films we see them in, but there might well be more clues there than in most non-Bond roles!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 5 Posts: 5,932
    ATJ's certainly enjoying being around stars of The Gentlemen at the moment :)
    wdQSf7x.jpeg
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Denbigh wrote: »
    wdQSf7x.jpeg

He's handsome in that picture, but my problem with him is his voice, why it's a bit..... High pitched? 😅 His voice doesn't sound manly for Bond.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    SIS_HQ wrote: »
    wdQSf7x.jpeg

He's handsome in that picture, but my problem with him is his voice, why it's a bit..... High pitched? 😅 His voice doesn't sound manly for Bond.
    Yeah, I know this is qualm for a lot of people, but it's never really bothered me really. It wasn't until it was discussed here that I heard anyone mention it, and it obviously doesn't bother Hollywood cause as we've seen, the man is booked and busy.
  • Leave his voice alone, guys. He already looks awkward at the film festival, he's still a young man. There's still a role in Bond for him, he's my mate.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    He already looks awkward at the film festival.
    Huh? What do you mean?
    I don't think his voice is an issue when it comes to his onscreen performances. His lack of memorability or screen presence, however, is my problem with him.
  • edited September 5 Posts: 903
    He already looks awkward at the film festival.
    Huh? What do you mean?

In the red carpet video clips he's seen fidgeting too much with his cuffs, while the other pros give a confident pose. Probably the tight suit.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 5 Posts: 5,932
    I do have to say that I do think, and understandably so considering the nature of these websites, that we explore things on way too deep a level. This isn't just an ATJ thing, I'm speaking generally, but I just think we're so specific sometimes with what we want or whats "wrong" with someone, that I don't think anyone will satisfy.

If the MI6Community was in charge of casting, we'd be taking even longer than EON I'm telling you. I'm surprised we haven't started handwriting analysis or palm reading to find out who'd be good.
    I do have to say that I do think, and understandably so considering the nature of these websites, that we explore things on way too deep a level. This isn't just an ATJ thing, I'm speaking generally, but I just think we're so specific sometimes with what we want or whats "wrong" with someone, that I don't think anyone will satisfy.

If the MI6Community was in charge of casting, we'd be taking even longer than EON I'm telling you. I'm surprised we haven't started handwriting analysis or palm reading to find out who'd be good.

Oh yeah, agreed. At least we're not quite in the realm of talking about jaw sizes anymore (I remember that one here from a year ago!) And we do tend to read a bit too much into certain details based on our biases/not being able to look at the bigger picture.

Anyway, it's just as well our opinions don't mean anything! I'm sure none of us would have been able to spot someone like Connery or Craig if we were in charge of casting.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited September 5 Posts: 1,921
    Whoever Bond 7 is, I just hope he would be able to stand the media in this ultra-social media age. Also, it's almost certain that Barbara would once again pick someone a lot of people won't like at first.
  • Denbigh wrote: »

It's all good man. For me, it adds or detracts to the molding of my characterisation. It's a collective effort.
    edited September 5 Posts: 3,112
    007HallY wrote: »
    it's just as well our opinions don't mean anything! I'm sure none of us would have been able to spot someone like Connery or Craig if we were in charge of casting.
    That's the perfect example, actually. I wouldn't have picked Dan for Bond in a million years - and I already knew who he was and thought he was a great actor before he was cast. But Bond? Bond looks like Adrian Paul, right? Craig's nothing like Bond, they'd have to be crazy not to pick Adrian. But twenty minutes into CR and Craig was Bond. By the end of CR, he was my favourite Bond - and I'd been a Connery man since I was little more than a kid. Said it before, but I won't make that mistake again - Dan's the reason I'll give the next guy the benefit of the doubt until I've seen him in Bond 26 itself.
    Venutius wrote: »
    it's just as well our opinions don't mean anything! I'm sure none of us would have been able to spot someone like Connery or Craig if we were in charge of casting.
    That's the perfect example, actually. I wouldn't have picked Dan for Bond in a million years - and I already knew who he was and thought he was a great actor. But Bond? Bond looks like Adrian Paul, right? Craig's nothing like Bond, they'd have to be crazy not to pick Adrian. But twenty minutes into CR and Craig was Bond. Said it before, but I won't make that mistake again - Dan's the reason I'll always give the next guy the benefit of the doubt until I've seen him in Bond 26 itself.

Oh yeah, I remember being quite sceptical about him myself when I first saw his photo. Just goes to show that we're not the ones who have to look for that potential in actors, and even if we are looking for it we can't actually see them audition.
    Whoever Bond 7 is, I just hope he would be able to stand the media in this ultra-social media age. Also, it's almost certain that Barbara would once again pick someone a lot of people won't like at first.

Oh, I think whoever it is they'll get some sort of criticism initially. It's to be expected.

The idea of millions of people writing stuff about you online before they've even seen your performance sounds horrid quite frankly, but I guess it's always been the case with Bond in some form, and they just have to get on with it.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Yeah @007HallY We do it here a lot. The thing has always been fans imagining the newly announced Bond in the world of previous Bonds....forgetting that the new Bond would have his own world.

• A media frenzy? How exciting! I plan on keeping things intriguing for ultimate hype.
    Oh, I think whoever it is they'll get some sort of criticism initially. It's to be expected.
    Ironically, given the media savaging in 2005, at some point he's almost certainly going to get 'He's not as good as Daniel Craig'!
    Ironically, given the media savaging in 2005, at some point he's almost certainly going to get 'He's not as good as Daniel Craig'!

I’m sure someone will say that! I’m just waiting for the initial comments too. Again, doesn’t matter who it is. If it’s ATJ his voice is too high pitched and he’s too smug. If it’s Aidan Turner he’s too old. If it’s Harris Dickinson he’s too young. If it’s Sope Dirisu he’s black. If it’s Jack O’Connell he’s not tall enough. If it’s Jack Bannon his hair’s too stupid.

I’m sure there’s a million variations, but the new guy will be criticised whatever way.

I’m sure someone will say that! I’m just waiting for the initial comments too. Again, doesn’t matter who it is. If it’s ATJ his voice is too high pitched and he’s too smug. If it’s Aidan Turner he’s too old. If it’s Harris Dickinson he’s too young. If it’s Sope Dirisu he’s black. If it’s Jack O’Connell he’s not tall enough. If it’s Jack Bannon his hair’s too stupid.

I’m sure there’s a million variations, but the new guy will be criticised whatever way.

If the actor is more handsome, problem solved. ;)
  • edited September 5 Posts: 3,824

If the actor is more handsome, problem solved. ;)

No, they’ll simply be too handsome to play Bond 😂