Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans

JNO wrote: »
    I´m beginning to feel that Jack Lowden would make a great JB.

#slowhorses

Yep, I’ve dropped his name several times over the past few years; he should definitely be on EoN’s radar.

ovWimMF.jpg

Weirdly Lowden's one I've gone off of for Bond. I dunno what it is, I just can't quite imagine him in the role. Good actor though.
  • Informe_James_BondInforme_James_Bond Dominican Republic
    I really don't know why you guys keep going on about the blond James Bond. You continue with blond actors, get Daniel Craig out of your heads.

I see Jack Lowden more for Bill Tanner.

;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think Lowden's an excellent actor, but I don't think he's quite the Bond type either.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    He's a good in Slow Horses, but I don't think he's got a tough edge to him. As always though, Eon would be sure to find out in an audition, and he'll probably get one.
  • meshypushymeshypushy Ireland
    I think Lowden would be worth an audition, as I have mentioned before. After seeing his performance in ‘The Gold’, he’s in my top three candidates, for sure.
  • Lowden is great. He was my no 1 pick until the ATJ rumours started.
  • edited September 11 Posts: 17,660
    Even though I struggle to see him in the role, I think Lowden is far better an actor (and candidate) than most of the names that are being mentioned by the media.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    To be honest, if the producers would go back to the basics without the drama, psychology, and seriousness of the Craig Era (to which I think they could possibly do to move on from Craig's Bond and give the new Bond actor's a new identity), I think a very accomplished and serious and deep Meryl Streep type of actor isn't needed, after all, as long as you looked the role, could charm the ladies, can be physically intimidating (or at least know some martial arts), convincing in bringing the role to the screen, that's alright already.
    SIS_HQ wrote: »
    To be honest, if the producers would go back to the basics without the drama, psychology, and seriousness of the Craig Era (to which I think they could possibly do to move on from Craig's Bond and give the new Bond actor's a new identity), I think a very accomplished and serious and deep Meryl Streep type of actor isn't needed, after all, as long as you looked the role, could charm the ladies, can be physically intimidating (or at least know some martial arts), convincing in bringing the role to the screen, that's alright already.

So not much to ask for then. 🤭
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    An unpopular opinion perhaps, and I say this as a big Pierce Brosnan fan, but outside of his suave, sophisticated roles, I find his acting to be a bit stilted. Not wooden, but also not entirely believable.

I find myself feeling similarly around Mr. Cavill, who was great as Superman, Geralt of Rivia and Napoleon Solo, but when ventures outside of this, comes off as cedar. However, I think he would be a great James Bond as Pierce was as the role is not the utmost demanding.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited September 12 Posts: 3,747
    bondywondy wrote: »
    SIS_HQ wrote: »

So not much to ask for then. 🤭

Again, if they're going back to the basics, think of those Roger Moore Era/Pierce Brosnan days, just a great delivery of witty lines and humor, sophisticated, looks the role, charming and convincing in being Bond (don't make the people think of the actor or the roles he have played in the past), and of course, could look good and convincing in action, then it's alright.

It's not that there's not much to ask, but again, if the next Bond would be meant to be written as an over the top character again, rather than the one played by Craig, then it's not too much of a demanding one.

It depends and it would comes down to the type of Bond the next actor is going to play.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    The two members of the ATJ fan club have arrived...

No need to single out these members. I've frankly seen more ridiculous suggestions in this thread than ATJ, yet since we're in a highly speculative phase, it would be pointless to get on each other's nerves over who the next Bond might be. It won't be up to us, anyway.

Psychologically speaking, it's important for me not to get worked up over this. Say EON does cast that one guy we're calling unfit for the part. Then what? Go see the film arms folded? Not see the film at all, yet rant about it? It happened in 2006, remember? For the time being, I see no reason not to have any confidence in EON making the right decision. I want to see the next bloke's first film from a positive and optimistic perspective, not having already made up my mind that I will capital-H hate everything he says, does or touches. Even if it turns out to be Turner, I'm just going to accept that and give the lad a fair chance.

At this point I'm more impatient to know what's their vision for the next film, if there's a draft written, etc. They can't start auditioning without a script to begin with.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Ludovico wrote: »

No need to single out these members. I've frankly seen more ridiculous suggestions in this thread than ATJ, yet since we're in a highly speculative phase, it would be pointless to get on each other's nerves over who the next Bond might be. It won't be up to us, anyway.

Psychologically speaking, it's important for me not to get worked up over this. Say EON does cast that one guy we're calling unfit for the part. Then what? Go see the film arms folded? Not see the film at all, yet rant about it? It happened in 2006, remember? For the time being, I see no reason not to have any confidence in EON making the right decision. I want to see the next bloke's first film from a positive and optimistic perspective, not having already made up my mind that I will capital-H hate everything he says, does or touches. Even if it turns out to be Turner, I'm just going to accept that and give the lad a fair chance.

At this point I'm more impatient to know what's their vision for the next film, if there's a draft written, etc. They can't start auditioning without a script to begin with.

If I’m a betting man @Ludovico , I’d say a there’s no draft yet. And as for what direction they’re going in, I don’t think they’ll leak that info. It’ll reveal itself through drips, like what the story will be about (when it’s written), the casting of the lead, then the trailers, and then the ultimate reveal: the finished film.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Being chauffeured by Tibbett
    edited September 13 Posts: 648
    Thanks to @Pierce2Daniel for bringing Aaron Pierre to my attention in the other discussion. I think after Rebel Ridge he stands a very good chance of catching Eon's attention.

5fd8cb70-6c33-11ef-877f-412126f94be2-1200-630.jpg
    peter wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »

If I’m a betting man @Ludovico , I’d say a there’s no draft yet. And as for what direction they’re going in, I don’t think they’ll leak that info. It’ll reveal itself through drips, like what the story will be about (when it’s written), the casting of the lead, then the trailers, and then the ultimate reveal: the finished film.

Of course, but just knowing there's a script being written would give us at least an idea of when we could expect casting.
    I'm gonna say neither will be Bond.
  • buddyoldchapbuddyoldchap Formerly known as JeremyBondon
    007HallY wrote: »
    I'm gonna say neither will be Bond.

Jolly splendid
  • Theo's looks are too soft.
    edited September 17 Posts: 526
    Theo's too Greek. Aaron's too street. Jack Lowden or Henry Cavill for me.
    The speculation has been insane for a long time now so i try to switch off from the casting saga.

My attention is at the moment focused on October 5th ( Global James Bond day ) and November 17th when the producers pick up their Thalberg award.

My hope is that some sort of announcement is going to be made on the future of the franchise? As it really is frustrating knowing nothing. I don't want exact details, just an update on where they are at.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I wouldn't get too worked-up about Oct 5th, I don't think they really work to those sorts of deadlines. On the Thalberg day, maybe. But I'm not going to hope for too much otherwise there's just disappointment there, I think they'll just announce it when they're ready.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    Whatever day they pick to announce the new film/director/actor, that will be the entertainment news story of the day. That will take away from the story about them getting the award if they do it on the same day. I don’t think they’ll do that.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 17 Posts: 16,099
    Yeah you may well be right, although I don't know if it'll be massive news anyway. I'm not sure loads of people will be hugely interested in some producers getting an award.

Apparently Ajay Chowdhury said he reckons they'll say something that day: I don't know if that's a guess or he's heard something, and he does know a few people in the know. So maybe.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Connery's too bald, Lazenby's too inexperienced, Roger's too smooth, Timothy's too theatrical, Pierce's too thin, Craig's too blond.

I trust Eon to get it right. Again.
  • Patience, folks! Christopher Nolan is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Being chauffeured by Tibbett
    Patience, folks! Christopher Nolan is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

Just out of curiosity, how are you going to react when it isn't him?
    echo wrote: »
    Connery's too bald, Lazenby's too inexperienced, Roger's too smooth, Timothy's too theatrical, Pierce's too thin, Craig's too blond.

Barbara sent the check in the mail.
    echo wrote: »

Barbara sent the check in the mail.

Eon is brilliant and never made a bad call period

(Now i wait for my check)