Who should/could be a Bond actor?

1121412151216121712181220»

Comments

echo wrote: »
    Connery's too bald, Lazenby's too inexperienced, Roger's too smooth, Timothy's too theatrical, Pierce's too thin, Craig's too blond.

I trust Eon to get it right. Again.

You forgot that Barry Nelson's hair is too cropped...oh, wait, he really was a wrong choice.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited September 18 Posts: 3,749
    Since62 wrote: »
    Connery's too bald, Lazenby's too inexperienced, Roger's too smooth, Timothy's too theatrical, Pierce's too thin, Craig's too blond.

I trust Eon to get it right. Again.

You forgot that Barry Nelson's hair is too cropped...oh, wait, he really was a wrong choice.

Barry Nelson was American, the main complaint.

And David Niven was too old and didn't look like Bond.
  • edited September 18 Posts: 15,022
    https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/9/17/rumor-damien-chazelle-met-with-james-bond-producers

Disclaimer: I'm not advocating for Chazelle or saying this rumour has any legs.
  • I’d be on board with Chazelle. No complaints from me if he’s the choice.
  • edited September 18 Posts: 2,148
    I like his movies - La La Land, First Man and Babylon (despite it being far too long).

Chazelle is relatively young in director years so that might bring some fresh energy to the series.

You’d also likely get a Justin Hurwtiz score, and he loves the Barryesque 1960s big brass band approach.
    Any British actor he worked with in the past?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    He's immediately one of my favorite options if it means we get a Hurwitz score too.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    He's immediately one of my favorite options if it means we get a Hurwitz score too.

+1 Oh yes, absolutely. He’s got a strong sense of immagery, aesthetics and movement. Count me in as one of Chazelle’s supporters in the event this is true.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Better make that two. Also Justin Hurwitz's The Landing track from First Man is pure John Barry. So Chazelle, Sandgren & Hurwitz would be great for Bond 26.
  • edited September 18 Posts: 6,705
    Better make that two. Also Justin Hurwitz's The Landing track from First Man is pure John Barry. So Chazelle, Sandgren & Hurwitz would be great for Bond 26.

Sounds like a good law firm to me ;)
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Univex wrote: »

Sounds like a good law firm to me ;)

Hahaha! Right.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Ludovico wrote: »

No, but I hear the language is similar.
    Ludovico wrote: »

No, but I hear the language is similar.

What I meant is, if he worked with certain British actors, maybe one of them might fit the bill as Bond. I know the director of one Bond movie does not have much if anything to say about the casting of a future Bond actor, but still, they might listen to his suggestions/advices.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    If it’s anything like when Daniel Craig was cast, the director absolutely will get a vote in the casting of the new Bond when it gets down to the final few. I don’t know if he will be able to suggest candidates to Eon for consideration, but I’d imagine they’ll be meeting with every likely candidate anyway.