Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• conradhankersconradhankers Underground

You don't use a persons skill color to generate hype. That in itself is appaling, and should be to any self respecting black actor as well.

Well said, both of you, @CommanderRoss, @00Agent, well said.[/quote]

Self respecting black actor? Shakes head. Punches kittens. Takes CBD oil.

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185

You don't use a persons skill color to generate hype. That in itself is appaling, and should be to any self respecting black actor as well.

Well said, both of you, @CommanderRoss, @00Agent, well said.

[/quote]

*people seemingly not satisfied with what they had for 50+ years, screamimg "we need a black Bond, it's getting stale.*

Punshes hole through the wall. Makes himself a warm cup of milk with cookies.
    Ok, i'm out of here.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Laughs out loud. Cuts some onions for a vegetable soup. Cries.
    At long last I finally saw a bit of AND THEN THERE WERE NONE last night and was more or less sold on the prospect of Aidan Turner. He did look a bit young, IMO but was certainly Bondian with the right haircut.
    Hopefully B26 won't be delayed too much after the current film comes and goes. Still I have a hunch we'll still be looking at a long gap again.
    00Agent wrote: »

Well said, both of you, @CommanderRoss, @00Agent, well said.

*people seemingly not satisfied with what they had for 50+ years, screamimg "we need a black Bond, it's getting stale.*

Punshes hole through the wall. Makes himself a warm cup of milk with cookies.
    Ok, i'm out of here.[/quote]

Were those dark or white chocolate cookies? Shakes Head. Goes to loo. Switches on extra hot steam and clean on Japanese toilet.
    Were those dark or white chocolate cookies? Shakes Head. Goes to loo. Switches on extra hot steam and clean on Japanese toilet.
    c9b3c7dac5b88b1d6b5230e2cc7860c1.jpg

• BennyBenny Shaken not stirredAdministrator, Moderator
    Ok chaps let's keep it civil.
    The fact of the matter is at present, Daniel Craig is James Bond. So no-one need be concerned if the next actor is white, coloured or any other orientation that the character could be conceived in in the future. So lets leave it at that. Thanks.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    At long last I finally saw a bit of AND THEN THERE WERE NONE last night and was more or less sold on the prospect of Aidan Turner. He did look a bit young, IMO but was certainly Bondian with the right haircut.
    Hopefully B26 won't be delayed too much after the current film comes and goes. Still I have a hunch we'll still be looking at a long gap again.

Quite right old boy, quite right indeed. If anyone has a fully functioning brain @EoN HQ they cast the next 'chosen one'
    gq-men-of-the-year-awards-tate-modern-london-britain-shutterstock-editorial-5892853bd.jpg
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

Quite right old boy, quite right indeed. If anyone has a fully functioning brain @EoN HQ they cast the next 'chosen one'
    gq-men-of-the-year-awards-tate-modern-london-britain-shutterstock-editorial-5892853bd.jpg

Woah! What a stunning photo! :)>-

You and I are on the same page as usual about Turner, dear @Mendes4Lyfe
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He is even adjusting his cufflinks! It must be a sign!
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 6,703

You and I are on the same page as usual about Turner, dear @Mendes4Lyfe

Many of us are. Good to see the number of fans increasing.

Turner will have a bloody awful time shaving that beard every single day for Bond, though ;) The eyebrows, deep voice, intensity and sense of fun, are the things that, for me, harken the likes of Connery. Guy's also very physical, not less than our man Craig is.

4aea616b84a943e902b8253501c32223.jpg
    aidan-t_3512217b.jpg
    1528448923-ezgifcom-crop-6.gif

Still say we've got our next Bond in him. At least he doesn't seem like a wimp, like most other candidates do. Hell, the fact that he looks more like me than Craig does, pleases me, I can't lie about that. But I did get into the Bond books and films because I found myself identifying with the character as depicted in most of its iterations.
    This man^ a bit of FRWL FLAVA AT 1.06. A fine Irish Iranian actor. He defo has charisma and is a fine actor, just needs to be on the sunbed for a few hours.

radio-times-5147-mg.jpg

Just substitute the title with "Meet the new Bond"

There's a Bond reference in there, in that very same cover, actually.

Guy just screams Bond.

Ross-Poldark.png
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    There is your next, true, 007
    talos7 wrote: »

+1

They must know many fans want this, by now. Don't they? ;)

Univex wrote: »

+1

What's the likelihood of Turner being talked much about as a potential Bond outside Bond forums? :-?

+1

What's the likelihood of Turner being talked much about as a potential Bond outside Bond forums? :-?

Good, I reckon. Also, I think they read us, not in a compulsory way, but I bet they do.

Barbara is aware of the fan community fluctuations, I'm sure. They know what they want, but they are smart enough to have people look for this sort of thing.
  • BennyBenny Shaken not stirredAdministrator, Moderator
    As good as Turner may be for the role in some fans eyes, doesn't mean that EON will go ahead and cast him.
    It depends on many things, such as do EON think he is right for the role, who else he may be screen tested with, whether he performs well in the screentest, and so on.
    There's a long way to go before Bond #7 is required. Turner may have moved on by then.
    EON may have too.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,636

+1

Good, I reckon. Also, I think they read us, not in a compulsory way, but I bet they do.

Barbara is aware of the fan community fluctuations, I'm sure. They know what they want, but they are smart enough to have people look for this sort of thing.

You could be right, but my guess that the "hype" he gets around here isn't representative of the attention he gets outside the forum (as a Bond candidate that is).

That's not saying I'm not curious to see what he could do in the role. Out of the many candidates mentioned here, he's one of the better.
    Benny wrote: »
    As good as Turner may be for the role in some fans eyes, doesn't mean that EON will go ahead and cast him.
    It depends on many things, such as do EON think he is right for the role, who else he may be screen tested with, whether he performs well in the screentest, and so on.
    There's a long way to go before Bond #7 is required. Turner may have moved on by then.
    EON may have too.

Very true.
    Benny wrote: »
    EON may have too.

Of course, @Benny. That's almost common sense. When we hail the guy as the next Bond, we're doing it with fandom spirit.
    As mentioned above it will depend on screetest. Aidan Turner to me looks like he was born to play Bond and I think he'd nail a screen test. But, the same thing can be said for someone like Tom Cullen. A darkhorse name for me is Jack Huston. He is also in that same vein as Tuner and probably a better actor.
    I'm 100% on board the Aidan Turner Hype Train, full steam ahead, and have been there for almost two years (Since Then There Were None came out, he blew it out of the Park).
    Personaly i don't see the Dalton comparison though, he comes straight after Brosnan for me, same dark, seductive demeanour, maybe a bit more street and rough (which is good, closer to Craig), but he has all the right ingridients. Give him a haircut and a shave and he's good to go.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, I too think Aidan Turner would make a great Bond.
  • Yes, I too think Aidan Turner would make a great Bond.

Definitely a possible.
    parkert5 wrote: »
    As mentioned above it will depend on screetest. Aidan Turner to me looks like he was born to play Bond and I think he'd nail a screen test. But, the same thing can be said for someone like Tom Cullen. A darkhorse name for me is Jack Huston. He is also in that same vein as Tuner and probably a better actor.

Not a dark horse at all…..

In fact, Huston is one of the few names we know that Barbara Broccoli is keen on. It was confirmed by Baz back in the days when Craig’s return looked tenuous:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4299532/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-ponders-play-007.html

Huston has worked with Broccoli before on her stage production of ‘Strangers on a Train’. Broccoli may already have a preference towards Huston.

I struggle with his filmography. I haven’t seen him in a enough and the roles I have seen are often minuscule. He’s due to appear in Scorscese’s ‘The Irishman’, so let’s wait and see……………..

MV5BYTU3ODZhOWItYTkyNS00NGJkLWIyZGItMTBiOTM2NWE3Yjk2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDU3NzA0OQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

new-york-city-usa-may-2-2016-jack-alexander-huston-attends-the-2016-G13XXY.jpg

Personally, I quite like the look of Harris Dickinson. Though at 23, perhaps he will be Bond no.8

bigstock-LOS-ANGELES-JAN-Harris-D-221335327.jpg

My top choice is still Jamie Dornan…………………..

c18e20993265fdb0262806536ebfce7e.jpg

2000x2000-biggq-jamiedornan-f06-025-836a7e44.jpg
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 1,661
    Unless you got incredible connections in Hollywood (think of Ryan Reynolds or Colin Farrell!) few actors get many second chances at the big time. Houston flopped with Ben Hur 2016 - one of the biggest bombs of that year. Not that it really matters when casting Bond but there's no financial reason for Eon to pick him.

You could argue there's a destructive paradox becoming a Hollywood actor. As soon as British actors venture beyond British tv and lower budget British films they're into the big time: big budget, wide release Hollywood financed feature films. "Hooray", the actor says, "I've made it!" but if the films tank big time it does tarnish the actor. If you got a huge box office flop on your CV - a flop that lost a studio millions of dollars - is that really beneficial in helping you get Bond? I doubt it. In a weird way it might be better for the next Bond actor to stick to theatre roles or low budget British films. If you chase the Hollywood dream and it doesn't work out it's not going to help much, perhaps. Just an alternative way at looking at it! If Aidan Turner avoids the lure of Hollywood - and doesn't try to become a movie star - it might help his Bond chances.
    I think fanbond123 is right that few get second chances but, with Huston and Ben-Hur the movie is barely even known. He's known more for his turn as Richard Harrow on Boardwalk Empire than he is for even attempting Ben-Hur. The fact that Ben-Hur isn't known as a flop it's not known at all might help him. Aidan Turner is still my top choice over Huston but I could see Huston giving him a run in a screentest he's versatile.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 1,318
    Huston looks way too effete for my liking. More like Ken Bond who'd drink his vodka martini stirred, with a little pink umbrella and his pinky up.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Dornan has crazy eyes, more psycho than suave...