No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2017 Posts: 10,589
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    This is looking exciting if they already have a basic script and are ready to go as soon as Craig jumps back on,which is looking very likely,and pretty soon.

Maybe,just maybe,late 2018 could be a possibility ? ..it is if the ball starts rolling now,as it looks.

Great news !!!
    It's highly unlikely. It wouldn't explain why Babs is producing a film around the time B25 should start shooting, if it were to meet a Oct./Nov. 2018 release .

Which film is she producing that would clash?
    A historical war film, supposedly what that helicopter was purchased for.

How do you know the schedule on that? Is she producing or executive producing? Eon's plan since 2008 has always been to produce films alongside the Bond franchise. They have a deal with Columbia Pcitures to produce up to 15 non-Bond films.
    I read that as well. The source was MI6-HQ, who confirmed that Eon Productions is co-producing a to-be-announced historical war drama.

It was also incorrectly perceived (by myself included, until I reread the article) that it would shoot it late 2017. As it turns out, production will commence later in 2017.

With that in mind, I suppose that, theoretically, 2018 is still possible. But I'm still leaning towards 2019.

Here's the article for reference:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/that-vintage-helicopter-is-not-for-bond-25-170313
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited April 2017 Posts: 2,138
    This is looking exciting if they already have a basic script and are ready to go as soon as Craig jumps back on,which is looking very likely,and pretty soon.

Maybe,just maybe,late 2018 could be a possibility ? ..it is if the ball starts rolling now,as it looks.

Great news !!!
    It's highly unlikely. It wouldn't explain why Babs is producing a film around the time B25 should start shooting, if it were to meet a Oct./Nov. 2018 release .

My dear man, that is typical EON mask story. Was no mention of such a project until someone got wind of the Helicopter purchase, funny that. No mention of such a project on Babs IMDB which is usually quite good a collating rumours etc. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0110483/

Great news !!!

How do you know the schedule on that? Is she producing or executive producing? Eon's plan since 2008 has always been to produce films alongside the Bond franchise. They have a deal with Columbia Pcitures to produce up to 15 non-Bond films.
    I read that as well. The source was MI6-HQ, who confirmed that Eon Productions is co-producing a to-be-announced historical war drama.

It was also incorrectly perceived (by myself included, until I reread the article) that it would shoot it late 2017. As it turns out, production will commence later in 2017.

With that in mind, I suppose that, theoretically, 2018 is still possible. But I'm still leaning towards 2019.

Great news !!!

Depends how long production is. Most films have nowhere near the 6 months production schedule of a Bond film.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Who knows. Let's see how fast MGM can secure a distribution deal. Within 1-2 months is my estimate.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Who knows. Let's see how fast MGM can secure a distribution deal. Within 1-2 months is my estimate.

If its true that they have all pitched, I think a decision could be made pretty quickly.
    I think it's better to ask someone more well-rounded in the film industry than I.
    so bond 25's script is done?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote: »

How do you read all that, and get that?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Risico007 wrote: »

We have no idea, but I highly doubt the script is finalized at this point.
    I think its a first draft from what I read earlier....but that's a big step in the right direction at least @Risico007
    I would take that James Bond Germany thing with a grain of salt.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    We should take most things that way.
    We should take most things that way.
    Exactly.
    Alas I have to agree...heart and head situation....have to go with the head,re Bond and EON always.
    Alas I have to agree...heart and head situation....have to go with the head,re Bond and EON always.

I sold my heart years ago and all I hear in my head is elevator music, so I don't know where I stand on this one.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Why Tom Hardy Should Definitely Be The Next James Bond
    He's the only man who can take cringe-factor out of the world's biggest film franchise
    esquire.co.uk/culture/film/news/a14518/why-tom-hardy-should-be-the-next-james-bond/

Some strong opinions in this article.

Great news !!!
    It's highly unlikely. It wouldn't explain why Babs is producing a film around the time B25 should start shooting, if it were to meet a Oct./Nov. 2018 release.

People can produce several films at once you know
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    At least at this rate, we'll definitively know in the next few months just how likely a 2018 release is. My money is still on 2019, but I'd love to be wrong.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 10,589
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Great news !!!
    It's highly unlikely. It wouldn't explain why Babs is producing a film around the time B25 should start shooting, if it were to meet a Oct./Nov. 2018 release.

People can produce several films at once you know
    When one produces a Bond film, it would be wise to give it your full attention.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    He's the only man who can take cringe-factor out of the world's biggest film franchise
    esquire.co.uk/culture/film/news/a14518/why-tom-hardy-should-be-the-next-james-bond/

I didn't know @Risico007 wrote for Esquire UK.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    WGA Strike Talks Explained: Inside the Offers (and Counteroffers) on the Table
    hollywoodreporter.com/news/wga-strike-explained-inside-offers-counteroffers-table-997216

An excellent breakdown of the terms WGA members are currently negotiating.

According to the article some progress has been made:

There has been some movement since then on both sides, but it is difficult to quantify the cost of the respective packages and determine how far apart the parties remain. It’s difficult to see how a multi-hundred million dollar gap was or will be bridged prior to the May 1 contract expiration, but on an issue-by-issue basis, the parties have moved closer, according to sources’ accounts. A deal may yet be in reach — or, perhaps, a strike.
  • RC7RC7

An article by a c***
    RC7 wrote: »

An article by a c***
    Yep.

I didn't know @Risico007 wrote for Esquire UK.

It must be when I black out as I don't remember this at all lol.

On a serious note I disagree and agree with this article obviously I feel Hardy should be the next 007 as he feels like a mix of Craig and Connery but I don't feel Bond has become "embarrassing" as it's still a great character my only issue with spectre was the increase of the roger Mooreesque jokes as that let me down greatly but other then that..

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

I sold my heart years ago and all I hear in my head is elevator music, so I don't know where I stand on this one.
    Where are all the good men dead. In the heart or in the head.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2017 Posts: 8,318
    So this business with the WGA doesn't affect Bond in the slightest, since P+W aren't even part of the same group? I think we'd better change the thread title, if it isn't relevant. EON won't hang around for American writers when they can simply hire British ones if needed. Crisis averted.
    RC7 wrote: »

An article by a c***

I have to say, u r dead right.

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    Although P+W were part of the strike in 07/08. Hence their lack of involvement in the process of QoS. I'm pretty certain they are members of the american WGA.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    MrBond wrote: »
    Although P+W were part of the strike in 07/08. Hence their lack of involvement in the process of QoS. I'm pretty certain they are members of the american WGA.

huh, interesting. Maybe they are members of both?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    MrBond wrote: »

huh, interesting. Maybe they are members of both?

Most probably. That is likely since EON works from an American standpoint. P+W also works on other American projects, their work with Nicholas Winding Refn was American as an example.