No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I like the photos tof s I see plus if Hardy is007 I would be happy at least.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 1,661
    It's a strange time to be a James Bond fan. In this internet era people are tweeting Bond film news and yet there's no official word Craig has re-signed for the role - heck, he hasn't even started filming Purity yet! (if he doesn't start soon it's virtually impossible for him to be ready for Bond 25 in December ) - but we got 'alleged' crew members promoting the film. All rather bizarre.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I'm glad you've noticed that too @fanbond123. Lots of interesting and conflicting rumours all of a sudden though. Yet no announcements. Not even of P&W. Why not announce them?
  • bondjames wrote: »
    I think the role is such that it's difficult to dislike an actor playing it.

It's the consummate guy role. Who doesn't look good playing Bond? Exactly.

True, Bond is bigger than any one actor. It should be difficult for anyone to muck the part up too badly. Still, I could probably conceive of actors who could make a good run at accomplishing that...
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    IMG_4713.png?dl=1&_ga=2.189081064.270673818.1494113886-618072579.1484242294

Awesome news!
  • That guy should really plug his phone in more often.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Wouldn't you think that anyone contracted to work on the film would be told not to discuss it at this time?
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    That guy should really plug his phone in more often.
    Thx
  • That guy should really plug his phone in more often.
    Thx

Haha, sorry mate. Didn't realize that was your personal screenshot.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    talos7 wrote: »
    Wouldn't you think that anyone contracted to work on the film would be told not to discuss it at this time?

My thoughts exactly.

Anyways, I don't see this news as particularly eventful.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    That guy should really plug his phone in more often.
    Thx

Haha, sorry mate. Didn't realize that was your personal screenshot.
    No prob mate.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I like the shots of all the high tech planes, and the small piece of Sean in DAF in the bottom right of the effects guy's profile. It'd be interesting if he made a Bond reference while posting the latter. Like Sherlock, I'm looking for clues where there may not be any.

"You always want everything to be clever."
    Damn more disinformation from EON, red herrings everywhere!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    talos7 wrote: »
    Damn more disinformation from EON, red herrings everywhere!

Making up fake Twitter accounts to fool us really is an absolute low, wouldn't you say? Let's boycott Bond 25 and teach them a lesson.
    :)
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    What if they made a Bond film about Bond investigating when Barbara Broccoli is going to release Bond 26? He can sort through the lies and deception, and the villain can be Aiden Turner, with the finale at the manifestation of the MI6community website.
    What if they made a Bond film about Bond investigating when Barbara Broccoli is going to release Bond 26? He can sort through the lies and deception, and the villain can be Aiden Turner, with the finale at the manifestation of the MI6community website.

@dominicgreene, brilliant. Daniel's Bond would pop off the script page to figure out what the hell was going on with the stalling of his next film, and would discover that Barbara in our plane of reality is planning to replace him with Turner and is re-writing him out of the Bond 26 script to make way for the star. To halt the production Bond must disguise himself in investor meetings to convince the studio to refuse to fund the film for Barbara and, after failing, must infiltrate Pinewood itself while it's under heavy guard to get at Turner directly during a meeting he had staged with Barbara inside the film lot. In a big scrap up, Bond would take Turner by the hair (which the actor had grown out nice and long for season 6 of Poldark) and repeatedly knee kick the actor until his face was too bruised to film Bond 26 in the coming month. With no other options, Barbara would again turn to Daniel to be Bond, and our hero would save the day, and himself.

It would be called This Never Happened to the Other Fella.
  • Such hate for Turner! I actually just saw Turner for the first time in BBC's 2015 mini-series adaptation of And Then There Were None (featuring Charles Dance, Sam Neill, and Toby Stephens among others; well done production overall, even despite Burn Gorman's only marginally restrained overacting). Turner himself was impressively Bond-like. At a table of six or so other gentlemen all wearing the same black tuxes, Turner still clearly emanated Bond. He reminded me of a very young Dalton actually. He did have a bit of an Irish accent coming through and he does look like he could age another five or so years—unless they're going a young Bond route—but having seen him in something finally I'll say he's as good a candidate as anyone, whether that's now or sometime in the next ten years.
    Such hate for Turner! I actually just saw Turner for the first time in BBC's 2015 mini-series adaptation of And Then There Were None (featuring Charles Dance, Sam Neill, and Toby Stephens among others; well done production overall, even despite Burn Gorman's only marginally restrained overacting). Turner himself was impressively Bond-like. At a table of six or so other gentlemen all wearing the same black tuxes, Turner still clearly emanated Bond. He reminded me of a very young Dalton actually. He did have a bit of an Irish accent coming through and he does look like he could age another five or so years—unless they're going a young Bond route—but having seen him in something finally I'll say he's as good a candidate as anyone, whether that's now or sometime in the next ten years.

I agree 100% and have said that a little maturing would make him even more suited to play 007.

IMG_4713.png?dl=1&_ga=2.189081064.270673818.1494113886-618072579.1484242294

Awesome news!

Means they are beginning to crew up, which would mean Bond 25 could be further along than has been reported.
    I want to like Tom Hardy but I literally cannot understand a word he says in anything I've seen him in.

He needs to learn to enunciate. Clearly.
    DC has been in London for Weeks now. And no, the marriage is Not in trouble. She is there Right now with him. So - would talking Bond necessarely mean London? Dunno, just thinking her out loud.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    DC has been in London for Weeks now. And no, the marriage is Not in trouble. She is there Right now with him. So - would talking Bond necessarely mean London? Dunno, just thinking her out loud.

I think there's little doubt Dan will be having meetings with Barbara and Michael etc. This is just a guess, but I suspect he's back and an announcement will come soon - the film business is gearing up for Cannes - and every producer likes to take advantage of that and make a splash with announcements.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2017 Posts: 4,491
    After P&W, Jefrey wright and Hinx return. It is nice to hear some other new news from another person working on Bond 25. Possible he already working on it for months or start now. 2018 stil possible.

I think those days there need more time and inspecialy for script/research, locations and the backflash after the movie is released aka promotion. Possible there have more in mind with that brother thing. But i not like it on moment.

After QOS my expectings are mabey to high and sometimes i fill things in my self/make me creatief or understand or misunderstand the hints with the things/clues there give us. Better to be good end for Daniel Craig final movie (s).
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I'm sure Dalton fans will argue he went there before but to me as far as cinematic Bond with depth, Craig wins hands down, there is no theatrical vibe or awkwardness to his performance, you believe it and Craig is clearly not just doing this for the money.

Speaking for myself, the "Dalton went first" argument holds little water, as there isn't much, if at all, similarity between Dalton and Craig. Dalton played Bond in a way that was more closer to the spirit of the books (not 100% literary Bond, but as close as they could get, without a full blown period setting, and dialogue that would upset SJW's/feminists/snowflakes). Craig on the other hand, plays an imitation of Connery's Bond, even down to the attempt to move like Connery's Bond.
    jake24 wrote: »
    That's hardly the coolest picture of Craig. I'd say this is:

6005%205%20010_v2.jpg
    This looks like a waiter in his smoke break. The Aston makes the whole thing very bizarre.

I agree. Not a great photo. Another lazy nod to GF - same as the shot from the highlands in SF.
    @jake24, quit sharing SP photos of Dan as Bond. He sucks since that film, remember?
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    So when exactly is the next MGM stockholder conference?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 28,694
    So when exactly is the next MGM stockholder conference?

Apparently this month is when they had one last year. If the pattern holds, this May could have one too.