No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The best thing about this thread is how selective some are about rumours. For example whenever there is even a vague mention of Aidan Turner as Bond in a random article, certain members here will believe it is 100% factual and is definitely going to happen.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2017 Posts: 10,590
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I'm on the floor right now.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The best thing about this thread is how selective some are about rumours. For example whenever there is even a vague mention of Aidan Turner as Bond in a random article, certain members here will believe it is 100% factual and is definitely going to happen.

So you're saying Turners been confirmed ? !!!

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Link??
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The real joke will be if it turns out to be true. Don't tempt fate chaps.

I've ordered And Then There Were None from Amazon UK & so will finally be able to chime in on my view of whether he's got what it takes.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited May 2017 Posts: 1,756
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I feel like that took you way too long. :D And maybe a few drinks, to come up with that. 10/10.

Concerning Smith, I do like WOTW but it simply doesn't fit Spectre at all.

James Bond should have a badass theme, one that makes you want to pout your lips like Daniel Craig. Not one you have to slow dance to.

Radiohead could have been amazing had they done something like Climbing Up the Walls, Big Boots, The Daily Mail.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,423
    WOTW is a song on its own that doesn't fit the Bond mould in the slightest. It has no edge, no element, nothing. It was telling a consequential tragic love story et al, which was a very little dot in Spectre, occurring in the span of total what? 5 minutes?

Bond should always have a badass theme song. The song should fit the narrative of the man in action against his mission objectives and the dangers he faces while glorifying it with Bondian jazzy brasses and some consistent melody. Not random notes.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I hope everyone is happy when Justin Bieber's Bond song, entitled #Spy Swag, comes out. A tease of the lyrics have been released, and are included below:

Yo, yo, yo I'm James Bond bitch, double-o
    Dope spy makin' all the hoes go oh, oh, oh.
    Bond...James Bond the only man that'll make you fond,
    This prick of mine's a magic wand,
    Step back, step back, step back.

Secret spy, international killer,
    Girls worldwide know me as the bedtime thriller.
    Tokyo, Moscow, Paris, Bengal,
    Miss Moneypenny better believe I've hit 'em all.
    Q's got great gadgets but this spy has his master tool,
    Whippin' it out makes me the exception to any rule.
    M's my boss and the way he talks back to me is shady,
    The only time I'm not on top is when I'm with a lady.

(Double-0-Seven, take you to heaven, Double-0-Seven, never relentin')

Undercover lover, man of mystery,
    Got a villain baby, I'll make him history.
    Startin' from an orphan you ain't seen me morphin'
    From nothin' into the greatest ladykiller of 'em all.
    I kill all evil, from the rich to the poor,
    If life was a sport you know your boy would score.
    Loaded Walther in hand, I ain't no killer for hire,
    In between your legs is where I'd concentrate my fire.

Super agent, sex master,
    Got a problem with my sins, go talk with yo pastor.
    It's Queen first, country second,
    My commitment to duty don't need to be reckon'd.
    I play cards, shoot yards to hit my target,
    Please tell me those nice drapes are matched by yo carpet.

(Double-0-Seven, take you to heaven, Double-0-Seven, never relentin')

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, man of action,
    Throw a punch at me, check my reaction
    An MI6 six-pack is what I got,
    The bullets bouncin' off these abs are strikin' red hot.
    My time is fleetin', death always knockin' at my door,
    Until my last breath I keep you comin' back for more.

Icon of the screen, stakin' every claim,
    I been offered a knighthood but this homie don't need the fame.
    I used to be a playa before I changed the game,
    I turned words into action, now you know my name.
    James Bond, so fond you are of me,
    I keep your boat stable on a rocky sea.
    James Bond so fond I'll make you be,
    Like a witness to the crime I'll make you see.

(Double-0-Seven, take you to heaven, Double-0-Seven, never relentin'

Double-0-Seven, take you to heaven, Double-0-Seven, never relentin')

SWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

That was so convincing you had me worried for a second that it was real.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I feel like that took you way too long. :D And maybe a few drinks, to come up with that. 10/10.

Concerning Smith, I do like WOTW but it simply doesn't fit Spectre at all.

James Bond should have a badass theme, one that makes you want to pout your lips like Daniel Craig. Not one you have to slow dance to.

Radiohead could have been amazing had they done something like Climbing Up the Walls, Big Boots, The Daily Mail.

100% sober, cross my heart. *hick*
    WOTW is a song on its own that doesn't fit the Bond mould in the slightest. It has no edge, no element, nothing. It was telling a consequential tragic love story et al, which was a very little dot in Spectre, occurring in the span of total what? 5 minutes?

Bond should always have a badass theme song. The song should fit the narrative of the man in action against his mission objectives and the dangers he faces while glorifying it with Bondian jazzy brasses and some consistent melody. Not random notes.

It was an effort to provide a modern love ballad as styled like the songs for YOLT, DAF, and TSLM, which I think it succeeds at. It's also the only one of those types of songs to reflect the film it's accompanying, unlike the others which are really just random love songs, albeit not bad ones. Craig's era already had a rock'n'roll anthem song after LALD and TB and a more vintage female belter after GF, DAF and MR, so I'm glad they completed the set with a love ballad. The era comprises basically all forms of Bond songs we can classify.
    I am all for romantic ballads but as I and others have pointed out , this is a song that appears to be from Bonds point of view but in every way it is the antithesis of who and what Bond is, especially Craig's Bond.
    Oy.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    In less than a page, it goes from an off-topic discussion, to discussing not going off-topic, just to immediately jump back to the same off-topic discussion.

tumblr_mvghaqc4mo1qd1nklo2_500.gif
    Opps
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I don't want to see Sam Smith anywhere near a James Bond film again, including B25.

Now we're back on topic.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    In less than a page, it goes from an off-topic discussion, to discussing not going off-topic, just to immediately jump back to the same off-topic discussion.

tumblr_mvghaqc4mo1qd1nklo2_500.gif

So how's your sex life?
    @dominicgreene hahahaha
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    talos7 wrote: »
    @PanchitoPistoles Please make a bet again, I want to see how it turns out this time. :D

Here's a bet: Tom Hardy will NEVER play James Bond. If it ever turns out I am wrong about this one, feel free to call me a fool.

Actually it's a pretty safe bet to bet to say that any given actor will NEVER play James Bond and that includes Fassbender, Hiddleston, Turner etc.

Turner's an actor?

I'd prefer Gillian Anderson to him. Seriously.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    echo wrote: »
    @PanchitoPistoles Please make a bet again, I want to see how it turns out this time. :D

Here's a bet: Tom Hardy will NEVER play James Bond. If it ever turns out I am wrong about this one, feel free to call me a fool.

Actually it's a pretty safe bet to bet to say that any given actor will NEVER play James Bond and that includes Fassbender, Hiddleston, Turner etc.

Turner's an actor?

There was a rag rumor about her being Jane Bond last year. Seriously.

Turner's an actor?

Was it last year? How time flies...

Turner's an actor?

I think so. Naturally, I don't give those bits of "news" the time of day. But I think it was a report saying Anderson wanted to be Bond #7 and all that rubbish. Just another SJW pushing agenda.

Turner's an actor?

Tempus Fugit

@Risico007, how dare you say that without throwing an exploding watch.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,423

Turner's an actor?

I think so. Naturally, I don't give those bits of "news" the time of day. But I think it was a report saying Anderson wanted to be Bond #7 and all that rubbish. Just another SJW pushing agenda.
    It sparked rumours only because somebody posted a fan art of her standing in front of the gunbarrel on her twitter, and she said she liked it and thanked the poster. It's the SJW journalists who took it too far as for her being considered for the role and whatnot. Just like our good old friend Aficionado posted about Nolan's Syncopy credit, and the journalists began with the false rumours with alternative "facts". Makes you cringe.
    @Risico007, how dare you say that without throwing an exploding watch.

I posted a yes video

Turner's an actor?

It sparked rumours only because somebody posted a fan art of her standing in front of the gunbarrel on her twitter, and she said she liked it and thanked the poster. It's the SJW journalists who took it too far as for her being considered for the role and whatnot. Just like our good old friend Aficionado posted about Nolan's Syncopy credit, and the journalists began with the false rumours with alternative "facts". Makes you cringe.

Ah, thanks for the background. Yes, that is essentially entertainment journalism in a nutshell. A "journalist" reads a random comment from a director saying they like James Bond, and the writer then turns in an article that confirms that the director is in heavy consideration for the job in the next film. Fanboys and girls don't think to look into its truth and eat it up, the rumor spreads and becomes fact in the minds of the masses. Then these fans all get upset when the lie they told themselves never turns out to be true in the end.

Which has a very high chance to happen with this Nolan business. People instantly think it's a high possibility, near confirmed. And now, any other director named for the job of helming Bond 25 will be met with mewls of, "They're fine, but they're not Noooolan." So utterly predictable.

Turner's an actor?

Ah, thanks for the background. Yes, that is essentially entertainment journalism in a nutshell. A "journalist" reads a random comment from a director saying they like James Bond, and the writer then turns in an article that confirms that the director is in heavy consideration for the job in the next film. Fanboys and girls don't think to look into its truth and eat it up, the rumor spreads and becomes fact in the minds of the masses. Then these fans all get upset when the lie they told themselves never turns out to be true in the end.

Which has a very high chance to happen with this Nolan business. People instantly think it's a high possibility, near confirmed. And now, any other director named for the job of helming Bond 25 will be met with mewls of, "They're fine, but they're not Noooolan." So utterly predictable.

I read that entire post as if Jonathan pryce wrote it
    Risico007 wrote: »

Turner's an actor?

I read that entire post as if Jonathan pryce wrote it
    There's no news... Like Fake News.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 11,425
    bondjames wrote: »
    I preferred the Radiohead song personally, but they were both a serious load of bollocks as far as I am concerned.

I hope we get something far better next time out, and a score which incorporates the title track melody more often. It's ridiculous that this particular creative aspect, which Bond films did so well in the past, appears to have been long forgotten.

I can appreciate that there is a compressed time to get everything ready post production on these films, and that the composer doesn't write the title track anymore, but it's still something worth preserving. One of those traditions that shouldn't be lost (any further) like the GB.

I think in the case of SP and SF this as much reflects an unwillingness on Newman's part to collaborate with the title song artist/composer as anything.

Newman is temperamentally unsuited to scoring Bond, which is traditionally a collaborative endeavour.

Look at TLD for contrast, where Barry worked with some bloody awkward 80s flash in the pan artists and managed to deliver an amazing title song and score. And that while also working with Chrissie Hynde on other songs and music for the film. Contrast couldn't be starker in terms of quality.

Well as I said, now we know not to open one of these for a long time come the next film.
    Why? People here are having fun, and people who don't like all those off-topic comments can always ignore this thread until we get some more substantial news.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 4,325
    Well as I said, now we know not to open one of these for a long time come the next film.

To be fair, we ALL participate in the off-topicness of this thread, and I don't know how many times I've posted about avoiding spam, just to be completely ignored and have it continue. Kind of hard to keep that up when nobody listens.

So, you've heard it here, folks: if it's not on-topic, don't bother posting it. If you feel the conversation is running off the rails, continue it in the appropriate thread. If not, spam/off-topic comments will be removed.

Conversation usually meanders and bends and transmorgifies - its what makes human interaction so beautiful and interesting. Like this here thread. Don't be a kill joy old chap.

Cue threats of being banned etc.