Mendes, Try not to muck it up again!

Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
edited July 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 642
In one sentence give Mr Mendes your direction for Bond 23. Ignore past crimes of the series, simply tell him your burning desire for the movie event of 2012!

My line would be: If the Mayan calendar is right, make me die happy Sam. :-)

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2011 Posts: 15,705
    Mendes, give us a TB-esque outing !!
    Mended, take the best of both world's and give use the definitive Bond film. Or make Bond 23 outdue The Dark Knight Rises.
    Mendes, give us a TB-esque outing !!
    My dream, but I wonder if Mendes could pull this. But then again, who could?
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Mr. Mendes, summon your brilliance from American Beauty, Road to Perdition and the stage and reward us with excellence in the long overdue Bond 23.

Oh, and if you need to refer to past Bond films, use only those directed by Terrence Young, John Glen (sans AVTAK) and Martin Campbell.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    ^ and Peter Hunt!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Ah yes. Him too.
    ^ and Peter Hunt!
    So you want a BOND 23 filled with bad editing and dirty camera lenses, then?
    keep the realistic fights and realism but add it to TB/FRWL type adventure....more spying...keep the quick edits to a minium...
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Get rid of everyone involed in the preious two films, and then give us the series next great spy thriller to sit alongside FRWL & TLD.
  • Get rid of everyone involed in the preious two films, and then give us the series next great spy thriller to sit alongside FRWL & TLD.
    me like this....the movie should have been given to Danny Boy - he's done every other genre of film, Bond should be on his list.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 4,622
    A mix of both gritty and exotic realism but with a huge helping of escapist fantasy. This is the classic Bond formula. see Dr No. Even FRWL and numerous other films
    The last two films have been minus the fantasy.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    ^ and Peter Hunt!
    That's your opinion, man... I thought OHMSS was beautifully shot and edited.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    ^ and Peter Hunt!
    That's your opinion, man... I thought OHMSS was beautifully shot and edited.

Just watched it again yesterday, and I agree heavily.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Get rid of everyone involed in the preious two films, and then give us the series next great spy thriller to sit alongside FRWL & TLD.
    me like this....the movie should have been given to Danny Boy - he's done every other genre of film, Bond should be on his list.
    Well now, if the film was given to Craig, that wouldn't be getting rid of eveyone involved in the two most recent Bonds, would it? ;-)
    Mendes will knock it outta the park, that's my prediction.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Give Craig his Thunderball and allow us the indulgence of James Bond kicking the PC world in the nuts.
    Give Craig his Thunderball and allow us the indulgence of James Bond kicking the PC world in the nuts.
    If Craig is up to such a huge task. Here Here!!!!

• edited July 2011 Posts: 2,782
    ^ and Peter Hunt!
    What about his brother, Mike?
  • SharkShark Banned
    Mendes. Try not to muck it up again!
    I agree. Sam Mendes now has the chance to finally make a decent film (thanks to EON's constraints). And not another smug, solipsistic, yawnfest.

Please preserve the traditional structure: gunbarrell-pretitle sequence-credits...
    Just follow your instincts Sam--you're a Bond fan and have read all the books from what's been said in the press. You're the professional with this stuff, not us, so just take the reins and don't bend too much to the pressure of the producers. I have full faith!
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    A good script and luscious editing will do, plus add a bit of humor (a la "little finger") and screen time for Bond`s character development.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2011 Posts: 4,491
    Start Showing Moneypenny with her legs and a money suitecase.

Keep a eye on Anwar he delete every bad thing you should have delete. Include the scene where Michael G Wilson wil do the Ursula Andress scene. X_X

If the movie is good don't say No to direct Bond 24.

Yuse russian actors, but don't Rush the movie :-?
  • Sam, if you have any doubts at all, no one will be upset if you step aside and let Martin Campbell take over...
    After seeing Green lantern I might disagree with you Flasheart
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    After seeing Green lantern I might disagree with you Flasheart
    As bad as I heard that was, Campbell knows how to do a Bond film: GE and CR are in my Top Five, if not Three.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Mendes. Try not to muck it up again!
    I agree. Sam Mendes now has the chance to finally make a decent film (thanks to EON's constraints). And not another smug, solipsistic, yawnfest.
    Wow, Shark, I could not agree with you more! Mendes has made good films, but not always. We're almost certainly in for a different pace than QoS.