Where does Bond go after Craig?

Comments

Dragonpol wrote: »
    The next Bond actor will be AI generated.

An AI generated pixar-like animated adventure would be a welcomed thing indeed, at this point.

This would be hilarious in the worst way possible.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Being chauffeured by Tibbett
    edited August 1 Posts: 645

And here he is!

a-handsome-swarthy-caucasian-man-in-his-late-thirties-short-jet-black-hair-parted-on-the-left-with-5.png
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    FoxRox wrote: »

This would be hilarious in the worst way possible.

Just think, they wouldn't have to pay him plus he'd never age! ;)

And here he is!

a-handsome-swarthy-caucasian-man-in-his-late-thirties-short-jet-black-hair-parted-on-the-left-with-5.png

Aw, he has my eyes.
  • edited August 1 Posts: 3,805

And here he is!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a good AI image of the literary Bond. They all lack that certain something (in this case this one doesn’t have the comma of hair or that certain hint of cruelty to the face. There’s just something weirdly bland about it).

I think even an actor who doesn’t look 100% like James Bond is better than an AI generated image in that sense (assuming AI gets to a point it can convincingly render an actor in a film, which at the moment it can’t quite do convincingly).
    edited August 1 Posts: 645
    007HallY wrote: »
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen a good AI image of the literary Bond. They all lack that certain something (in this case this one doesn’t have the comma of hair or that certain hint of cruelty to the face. There’s just something weirdly bland about it).

Yes, I tried to get it to do the comma but it kept coming out distorted, and it completely ignored my request for the scar. These programs are a little unpredictable to say the least. I also didn't include 'James Bond' in the prompt because it would just keep coming up with Daniel Craig. I did it a few times and this was the best I could get out of it.

But I don't know, I could imagine this guy killing someone. He'll kill us all one day if you know what I mean.
    007HallY wrote: »

Yes, I tried to get it to do the comma but it kept coming out distorted, and it completely ignored my request for the scar. These programs are a little unpredictable to say the least. I also didn't include 'James Bond' in the prompt because it would just keep coming up with Daniel Craig. I did it a few times and this was the best I could get out of it.

But I don't know. I could imagine this guy killing someone. He'll kill us all one day if you know what I mean.

The day that programme can convincingly render that lock of hair and scar I’ll go into hiding.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited August 1 Posts: 1,606
    delfloria wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    With Craig they probably did rotoscope him out and adjust the background as they're always doing that sort of thing, but I doubt it would be particularly tricky to do.

With AI tools these days you could shoot Bond in front of anything and extract his image in a mater of seconds to put inside the gun barrel.

You could do it in seconds before AI. Photoshop has had smart tool that can logically fill in patterns etc. for like a decade. Stop crediting AI with everything. It's meaningless.

God willing he's killing one.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    edited August 1 Posts: 880

And here he is!

So many lapels!

I wonder how many fingers he has?

So many lapels!

Perhaps AI is predicting a change in Fashion to occur within the next or two.

Actually, I think they more like would run an experiment and see what AI comes up with for a Script. It certainly would blow the computer's "mind", since there's so much conflicting material upon which to draw in composing a story and script: Serious Bond ? Silly Bond ? It'll be all over the map...
    Since62 wrote: »
    So many lapels!

Perhaps AI is predicting a change in Fashion to occur within the next or two.

Actually, I think they more like would run an experiment and see what AI comes up with for a Script. It certainly would blow the computer's "mind", since there's so much conflicting material upon which to draw in composing a story and script: Serious Bond ? Silly Bond ? It'll be all over the map...

AI will always have difficulty replicating human emotions which are necessary for a script or narrative. It will always lack authenticity. As a collaboration its pretty good at being suggestive tho.
    It appears Brylcreem is back.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    ddfe2e588a6922d5dc87f7a6c72fb973b9976b78.gifv
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    The AI image actually isn't so far away from Peter Fleming.
    6AxcIDW.jpg
  • edited August 1 Posts: 1,839
    In the hands of someone like George these tools, though not there yet, will be part of the future of artistic creation. BTW, well done George. Though I would not look forward to a realistically rendered Bond, I think a stylized art movie or short would be a lot of fun to watch. Having experimented with the writing tools I know that I could develop a Bond script outline in about a day that would be comparable to TSWLM or Goldeneye.
    edited August 2 Posts: 645
    In the hands of someone like George these tools, though not there yet, will be part of the future of artistic creation. BTW, well done George. Though I would not look forward to a realistically rendered Bond, I think a stylized art movie or short would be a lot of fun to watch. Having experimented with the writing tools I know that I could develop a Bond script outline in about a day that would be comparable to TSWLM or Goldeneye.

Thanks. I was just playing around with it, I have no desire to become an AI 'artist'. I'm a little ashamed of myself actually, as I've been drawing all my life and recently started painting. But it was a fun little experiment nonetheless, and I can see how it could be useful in generating (literally) potential ideas to be refined later.

As far as AI Bond is concerned however, I hope I never see the day.
    Is it just me or does the AI generated Bond have a passing resemblance to Jason Isaccs
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the AI generated Bond have a passing resemblance to Jason Isaccs

Mixed with Richard Armitage, yeah, a bit. Missing the hair coma and the scar, though, to be an absolute faithful image of the literary character. But I suppose a punch or two would fix both ;)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    If there really aren't going to be any Bond films in the future, I just wish they'd gone out on a higher note than Bond 25. The least we could have hoped for is a boilersuited-blowout of a finale with bond triumphantly sailing off into the sunset with daughter and girlfriend, in such a way as a tribute to the ending of Dr No, and come full circle.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Oh, I think there'll be more Bond films to come. They make too much money out of them for there not up be and, as we know, money makes the world go round.
  • HasanDaferHasanDafer Baghdad, Iraq
    I've been noticing Aaron Taylor-Johnson's name a lot lately, and I wouldn't mind seeing him in a role; I've enjoyed several of his performances. Jack O'Connell would also be a strong choice in my opinion. Taron Egerton is a remarkably talented actor, and I especially appreciate his work in the Kingsman series and Black Bird.

If another Bond film is never made, at least I've had my six: DN, FRWL, GF, TB, OHMSS, and CR.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    James Bond will return.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    He never left.
    CrabKey wrote: »
    If another Bond film is never made, at least I've had my six: DN, FRWL, GF, TB, OHMSS, and CR.

This sums it up for me as well. I am truly afraid that the next reinvention will probably look nothing like our James Bond in order to please the next gen audience. Grim but I'm afraid more realistic than waiting for a Bond fan pleasing outing from Amazon and Eon.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Oh I think the producers manage the press and modern pressures pretty masterfully.

And I expect they will remain true to the Bond character as they establish a new actor in the role. It's actually to their favor having Bond remain different from all the other franchises and action efforts. Big changes would be the death of him.

Exciting times to play out.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Oh I think the producers manage the press and modern pressures pretty masterfully.

And I expect they will remain true to the Bond character as they establish a new actor in the role. It's actually to their favor having Bond remain different from all the other franchises and action efforts. Big changes would be the death of him.

Exciting times to play out.

This. @RichardTheBruce fills my heart with optimism and I'm grateful for that. Thank you, sir. :-)
    CrabKey wrote: »

This sums it up for me as well. I am truly afraid that the next reinvention will probably look nothing like our James Bond in order to please the next gen audience. Grim but I'm afraid more realistic than waiting for a Bond fan pleasing outing from Amazon and Eon.

As no one seems to be able to characterize either the current or next gen audience, I am not too worried. Other than Bond looking at his smartphone while M is talking to him, not sure there is much that will make the next Bond unique.
  • BennyBenny Shaken not stirredAdministrator, Moderator
    Even with no news on the status of the next Bond film, I have absolutely no concerns.
    EON will deliver the next Bond film when they’re ready to do so.
    There’s nothing to suggest they will go back on their word at the end of NTTD, that James Bond will return.