Where does Bond go after Craig?

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Perhaps there's creative differences between Amazon and Eon that's keeping B26 at a stand still?
    I don't imagine there have been any script treatments written, but maybe Amazon is holding things up?

Yeah I think that’s very possible.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited August 17 Posts: 527
    Perhaps there's creative differences between Amazon and Eon that's keeping B26 at a stand still?
    I don't imagine there have been any script treatments written, but maybe Amazon is holding things up? Perhaps holding out for Barbara and Michale to agree to streaming.
    As far as I'm concerned ANY film that skips the cinematic release and goes straight to streaming is essentially a TV movie. The modern day equivilant of "straight to video".
    If something like that is the case I don't blame Barbara and Michael for standing their ground. 007 is meant to be seen on the big screen.
    Regardless I do hope things turn around for B26. We seem to be on our way to yet another 6 year minimum gap.
    At this point 10 years ago we were getting concrete news regarding SPECTRE. There's only been one other movie made since those days. :(

If you don't imagine any script treatments have been written, then how do you imagine Amazon is holding up our Bond 26? You saying there might be creative differences but no script or treatment in the first place is a little contradictory.
    Would someone start a new thread titled: What BB is thinking. That way we can talk more about our ideas for the future direction of the series after Craig rather than conjuring imaginary conversations and suggesting what people we don't know are thinking and feeling.
    I don't imagine there have been any script treatments written, but maybe Amazon is holding things up? Perhaps holding out for Barbara and Michale to agree to streaming.
    As far as I'm concerned ANY film that skips the cinematic release and goes straight to streaming is essentially a TV movie. The modern day equivilant of "straight to video".
    If something like that is the case I don't blame Barbara and Michael for standing their ground. 007 is meant to be seen on the big screen.
    Regardless I do hope things turn around for B26. We seem to be on our way to yet another 6 year minimum gap.
    At this point 10 years ago we were getting concrete news regarding SPECTRE. There's only been one other movie made since those days. :(

If you don't imagine any script treatments have been written, then how do you imagine Amazon is holding up our Bond 26? You saying there might be creative differences but no script or treatment in the first place is a little contradictory.

May have nothing to do with a script. There are many, many levels to the contracts involved now that Amazon is involved.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Of course I'm not sure. But if I'm told to guess, I would say Amazon want a flashy or maybe outlandish Bond film to launch Bond 7, but EON want it stripped back as with most cases, when they launch a new Bond.
    delfloria wrote: »

May have nothing to do with a script. There are many, many levels to the contracts involved now that Amazon is involved.

Precisely.
  • slide_99slide_99 USA
    Amazon exec: "We all like Bond, Barbara, but Halle Berry is still interested in that Jinx spinoff."
  • edited August 18 Posts: 702
    I'd love to think there I'd B26 script locked away in a safe at EON but I sadly doubt it. I'm beginning to think they don't know where to go next. Id still love a one off old man Bond with Brosnan or ideally Dalton just to bridge the gap to the next era.
    The quiet you feel is the signature of my covert operations.
    I'd love to be mistaken that no treatments have been written. However, when Barbara time and time again has reiterated that nothing is happening yet, I'm taking it on face valvue. Especially as the years ago by without any official news.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited August 18 Posts: 1,922
    One funny thing about serious rumours is, out of blue, something can just lit up and all the serious Bond talks begin. But we just don't know when it would happen.
    Even the rumours have died out!
  • edited August 19 Posts: 365
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Even the rumours have died out!

If Bond really does come to Fortnite, maybe some overall franchise movement is on the horizon.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/rumour-james-bond-is-coming-to-fortnite-1422073/

• peterpeter Toronto
    https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/8/18/othello

We can already see the wheels for Bond slowly turning… Bond will be back.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Yeah, my money's on The Prisoner. He's been working on that script for so long, even reportedly having issues cracking it still late last year, so maybe he finally got through it and is immediately ready to make it his next project.

He also seems to jump back and forth between sci-fi/action and historical projects, and with Oppenheimer being his last release, it makes sense he'd go with something like that for his next film.

The Prisoner is more pseudo-intellectual, so it's a better fit for Nolan than Bond, which requires a believable romance every few films (and McGoohan was a pretty strict Catholic, so there was no romance angle to The Prisoner either).
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    peter wrote: »
    https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/8/18/othello

I've been to Doha. Cool setting. Especially for any desert scenes. Something like we got in Ghost Protocol would be cool
    edited August 19 Posts: 527
    I like any news, but if true, I'm not a fan of this quid-pro-quo. A gaudy, skyscraper oil kingdom gets to be in Bond because of Othello? I rather see Bond go to an ancient city in the Middle East like Beirut or Cairo.

And this Middle-East angle feels about 10 years too late. It would be more relevant to see Bond deployed to Asia.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yeah I find it wild that they couldn't get financing for this for two whole years and had to turn to Qatar.
    The key words in the Doha article, rumor has it.

• edited August 19 Posts: 1,842

We can already see the wheels for Bond slowly turning… Bond will be back.[/quote]

You forgot to mention the Broccoli/Craig produced Othello movie project which just reinforces the idea that Barbara is still more interested in working with Daniel than investing her time with Bond. I still think that, unless Craig is a producer on the next Bond film, it is a good possibility that someone else from EON will be handed the reigns to Bond the next time around.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

You forgot to mention the Broccoli/Craig produced Othello movie project which just reinforces the idea that Barbara is still more interested in working with Daniel than investing her time with Bond. I still think that, unless Craig is a producer on the next Bond film, it is a good possibility that someone else from EON will be handed the reigns to Bond the next time around. [/quote]

Yeah that part irked me when I read it. She wants to work with Daniel on any projects, fine and well. But if she is doing that in lieu of, then that half of creative control needs to go to someone else.
  • peterpeter Toronto

You forgot to mention the Broccoli/Craig produced Othello movie project which just reinforces the idea that Barbara is still more interested in working with Daniel than investing her time with Bond. I still think that, unless Craig is a producer on the next Bond film, it is a good possibility that someone else from EON will be handed the reigns to Bond the next time around.

Yeah that part irked me when I read it. She wants to work with Daniel on any projects, fine and well. But if she is doing that in lieu of, then that half of creative control needs to go to someone else. [/quote]

If the rumours are true that DV is the man they want to direct, something I stated back here in mid-Feb, and they didn't have a script yet ready for him, hence, why, six weeks after saying he wanted to take a break from "the sand", he went right back to the sand, and is prepping D3 for a June 2025 shoot, then this is a film producer doing another project before Bond 26 attaches the director they want.

God forbid a film producer should produce a variety of films. That's like saying an author should only write about one character, or a portrait painter should only compose paintings with one person as the muse.

Yeah that part irked me when I read it. She wants to work with Daniel on any projects, fine and well. But if she is doing that in lieu of, then that half of creative control needs to go to someone else.

If the rumours are true that DV is the man they want to direct, something I stated back here in mid-Feb, and they didn't have a script yet ready for him, hence, why, six weeks after saying he wanted to take a break from "the sand", he went right back to the sand, and is prepping D3 for a June 2025 shoot, then this is a film producer doing another project before Bond 26 attaches the director they want.

God forbid a film producer should produce a variety of films. That's like saying an author should only write about one character, or a portrait painter should only compose paintings with one person as the muse.
    [/quote]

I'm not saying that she shouldn't produce anything besides Bond. However my opinion isn't wavering. I think she's too attached to Craig Bond since it's whats defined her Bond legacy which is 99% good.

However, the future may be much more cloudy if all goes will with Othello and still comes out afterward with we haven't done anything and no clue what to do
  • peterpeter Toronto

I'm not saying that she shouldn't produce anything besides Bond. However my opinion isn't wavering. I think she's too attached to Craig Bond since it's whats defined her Bond legacy which is 99% good.

However, the future may be much more cloudy if all goes will with Othello and still comes out afterward with we haven't done anything and no clue what to do [/quote]

Well, the positive note is we are not likely to hear any solid Bond news until Othello finishes principal. We are looking at about a year out. So now we can all take a nice exhale, enjoy the year, laugh at the Daily Mail, or whomever, and go on wondering about the future.

However, the future may be much more cloudy if all goes will with Othello and still comes out afterward with we haven't done anything and no clue what to do

Well, the positive note is we are not likely to hear any solid Bond news until Othello finishes principal. We are looking at about a year out. So now we can all take a nice exhale, enjoy the year, laugh at the Daily Mail, or whomever, and go on wondering about the future.[/quote]

Regardless of the time frame, I stand by the idea that if Craig is not part of the production team, which I would not look forward to, of the next Bond film that Broccoli will hand off the actual producing duties to someone else from EON. Personally, I would not have a problem with that. The Craig films are Barbara's legacy Bond films.
    What would everyone think if Daniel came back as a villain ala Robert Downey Jr? Maybe that would get Barbara interested in Bond again.
    Or M
    He's done. Move on. I don't need to see Craig associated with Bond again in any capacity.
    What would everyone think if Daniel came back as a villain ala Robert Downey Jr? Maybe that would get Barbara interested in Bond again.

I don’t think she’s not interested in Bond. She’s the producer for a media franchise whose lifeblood is legacy. More than any fan, Broccoli understands what Bond means to the history of cinema and literature and popular culture.
    The Barbara and Michael era of Bond films are not just some of the best in the franchise but some of the best action/adventure films produced in the last thirty years.
    EON is a boutique production house for movies. Whether or not they’ve succeeded in any given film, EON knows that the franchise’s continued success is not in quantity but quality. Bond feels handcrafted. Authenticity, warts and all, is how the next generation of blockbusters will sustain itself. See Avatar as a supporting example of quality over the counter example of quantity in the Star Wars franchise.
    If it’s the case that we need to wait two more years to get a Bond film from the director of “The Dark Knight” and “Oppenheimer” or the director of “Blade Runner 2049” or “Dune 2”, then I say we wait.

CrabKey wrote: »
    He's done. Move on. I don't need to see Craig associated with Bond again in any capacity.

Agreed. Same with any other Bond. I wouldn't have wanted Connery to have turned up as Kincaid in SF, and I wouldn't want Craig to turn up in another Bond's era. It's best just to let them do their own thing.