Rank the actors

Comments

I've shot Craig up to strong #3 after his great outing in SP.He's right there with Laz now as worthy successor to King Sean.

Dalts Rog and Broz remain a distant 456.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I'm tempted to say just to worry Thunderfinger

1. Pierce
    2. Bros
    3. nan
    4. the rest
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    mepal1 wrote: »
    Szonana wrote: »
    mepal1 wrote: »
    suavejmf wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »
    1. Pierce
    2. Tim
    3. Daniel
    4. Sean
    5. Roger
    6. George

Pierce at the top. Laughable.

.......maybe a trip to the 'Spectre' clinic will cure him?

Pierce at the top is perfectly fine by me he doesn't need any cure, i also have Pierce at the top of ranking as well, of course that spot is shared with Connery but still first spot

The cure is not for Pierce, but for the people who vote him top of the list!.........and that includes you sunshine.

:))

Nooooo,

:))

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Yes.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I'm so glad I enjoy all 6 actors and their Bond movies.

I feel for those who cannot, how unfortunate for them.

Yes, its got silly these days, that if you say you prefer a certain Bond actor over another, then you are perceived as being a hater of the other actors........which is not true.

I enjoy all Bond films, and the actors who have played the role of Bond!

• ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    True Bond fan ^
    You're only perceived as being a hater if you're pathetic enough to go out of your way to belittle other peoples opinions.

I enjoy all 6 actors quite fine. All have done good work Just that IMO Sean towers, while Laz and Craig are most worthy successors.
    The other three are passably adequate.

1. Craig
    2. Connery/Moore
    3. Dalton
    4. Lazenby
    5. Brosnan
    I just re-watched GE. Brosnan is a competent Bond in his debut. Martin Campbell produces a beautifully shot film with a strong cast, traditional feel and darker tone than the films which followed. If only Barry was on hand with a decent score to 'lift' the film further. I feel sorry that Pierce wasn't allowed to star in future Bond films up to this quality....the next 3 fell well short and tarnished his legacy.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 11,189
    I honestly now think that Brosnan fares far better in GE than he does in the likes of DAD. He may be more confident in the latter but physically he's a lot more believable in the former.

His stern glance at M during the office scene along with his confident walk out of the office is better than virtually anything he did in DAD.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    I honestly now think that Brosnan fares far better in GE than he does in the likes of DAD. He may be more confident in the latter but physically he's a lot more believable in the former.

His stern glance at M during the office scene along with his confident walk out of the office is better than virtually anything he did in DAD.
    I agree with this, after my last bondathon (back to back viewings of everything which I had not done before).

I used to think he was best in DAD.......but now I think he is best in GE. DAD was his most confident portrayal, true, but there were too many Brosnan'isms. In GE, he is actually attempting to play James Bond imho.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I think his best performance might as well be in TND. Very confident, very classy and great delivery. I especially like his dialogue with Kaufman, Q and on the phone with Moneypenny when he's at Oxford "brushing up his Danish". He also has this rather ironic glance a few times.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Yes, TND was good also for the most part. I felt he degenerated into a generic action hero (and a slightly malnourished looking one in the clothes they gave him) after Hamburg, but he was great in everything up to there imho.

I didn't like 'the slap' however. I have always felt that James Bond would have caught the hand before contact. That wasn't a good moment for me. Same thing happened in the infamous breakdown scene in TWINE as I recall. Disappointing. They should have written both of these instances out.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    I think his best performance might as well be in TND. Very confident, very classy and great delivery. I especially like his dialogue with Kaufman, Q and on the phone with Moneypenny when he's at Oxford "brushing up his Danish". He also has this rather ironic glance a few times.

I think he is better in GE and looks better in the part. Kaufman is a comedy character which ruins an otherwise tence scene. GE has humour but never to excess.
    BAIN123 wrote: »

Agreed.
    His fights are also a lot better in GE.
    Agreed again. The grit of the Trevelyn fight is great.
    Agreed again. The grit of the Trevelyn fight is great.
    True. One of the best fights since the Connery days, and until CR.

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,151
    Pointless list alert!!! Check this out. Top 5 actors to have played Bond, BUT, from the 7, yes 7 actors to have played Bond in the official series. :-O

http://www.liveforfilms.com/2015/11/23/the-5-best-ever-james-bond-actors/

Edie: Just noticed, they are including David Niven???
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Pointless list alert!!! Check this out. Top 5 actors to have played Bond, BUT, from the 7, yes 7 actors to have played Bond in the official series. :-O

http://www.liveforfilms.com/2015/11/23/the-5-best-ever-james-bond-actors/

Edie: Just noticed, they are including David Niven???

And Barry Nelson too.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited November 2015 Posts: 5,080
    Roger Moore currently in the lead.

Edit, in fact, the current score is exactly the same as my ranking
    I will always rank Dalton as tops
    Craig a close second
    Moore, Connery and Laz all did good. Lazenby had a tall order and he delivered in the love scenes and his action scenes are tops. Connery improved post Bond, though his performance in DN is very good and his best as 007 All three were given "something challenging" to do and they delivered far as I'm concerned.

Not much was required of Brosnan so he did all that was required of him.
    1. Dalton
    2. Connery
    3. Craig
    4. Brosnan
    5. Moore
    6. Lazenby(hard to do this but he only has one movie gotta put Moore ahead of him)
    Sean Connery will always be know as Best James Bond,most favourite & most loved James Bond always @DenniesThatcher You don't what you are talking about. Yes there few who don't like Sean Connery anyway. But he alway like in this role as James Bond.
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    edited December 2015 Posts: 306
    Sir Sean Connery is usually #1.

Depending on my mood, Sir Roger Moore or Timothy Dalton or Daniel Craig could be #2. Maybe Pierce Brosnan, too! I really do love all of the Bond actors. :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Connery is number 1. Period.
    Craig is number 2.

...The other 4 are interchangeable depending on various factors.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited February 2016 Posts: 1,130
    This is my final ranking and here is why

1 Pierce Brosnan
    He Has all the Bond traits i care for : great looks, charm ,screen presence, sophistication, sex appeal sense of humor can defend himself in action and he is the first Bond i ever watched on the small and Big screen.
    Some see it as a flaw, some including me see it as a strengh he was the perfect combination of all his predecesors in one perfect package.

2 Sean Connery
    Like Pierce he has all the most important bond traits :Sex appeal, Sophistication, great looks, screen presence, sense of humor, charm, he can definitively fight and we wouldn't have this franchise if it wasn't for him. As you can see Pierce just wins over him by a hair and for a very powerful nostaligc reason.

3 Daniel Craig
    he is great in action, has a great screen presence, sex appeall but his down side is his sense of humor. Its good and got that part better in Spectre but its not as natural as the one pierce and connery had.
    He wins other points for makibg the much more though Bond popular.

4 Timothy Dalton
    He is the pioneer of the Bond version Craig is portraying right now, he is the closest to Fleming in looks and personality but lacks the presence for the big screen. Something about him mskes more appropriate for the small screen.

5 Roger Moore
    He invented his very own version of the character that no other could pull of and that deserves a lot of respect if people want to talk about originality no did it better than Moore but he is way too comedic for me and i just don't him find attractive at all and that gives me a hard all these woman would go crazy fir him.

6 George Lazenby
    He was the most romantic and sweet Bond and he was great in the ending scene of the only film he did but i dont like the Bond character that much romantic it just doesn't fit him
    GoldenGun wrote: »

I think he is better in GE and looks better in the part. Kaufman is a comedy character which ruins an otherwise tence scene. GE has humour but never to excess.

"I AM *INVINCIBLE*!!!"