The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

1743744745746747749»

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Bond escapes the crocodile and tricks Octopussy.
    He's genuinely upset over Vijay's death.

Me too every time. Vijay's a fun character.
    Watching YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE. My fiancee and I just finished DIE ANOTHER DAY.
    She has now seen all the bonds except the 67 CR.
    I've decided to stay up a little later tonight for another Bond that's more fantasy in tone.
    At the M scene. I really like these sequences here. Bernard Lee looks great.
    I also love this Moneypenny scene.
    Playing around with the audio settings. The DTS track sounds the weakest, here. The original mono audio track seems to pop the most. Also the guitar sounds the strongest in the mono track.

Barry score sounds great. I love the bass and guitar as Bond disguises himself after Hendersn is killed. Great scene.
    .........and we get the wonderful 007 theme during Little Nellie........followed by the Bond theme. I love it.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    ah, viewing of YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE @ToTheRight, a film that always makes it into my top 10 (at either 9 or 10, but still).

A great John Barry score and his best until the next film (OHMSS), so he was on a roll in the late 1960s/early 1970s. Plus you have one of the most iconic set pieces in any Bond film. They spent a fortune on SP, yet I can't remember anything about it. YOLT, on the other hand, takes your breath away.

2ymmg1giwai41.jpg

And lastly, it is the only place where two of my fandoms (Bond and Godzilla) meet as the two female leads also starred in several Toho monster flicks of that era. In some ways Aki (Akiko Wakabayashi), Kissy (Mie Hama) and Tiger (Tetsurō Tamba) are just as interesting as Bond IMO.
    akiko_wakabayashi__1339133522.jpg
    You-Only-Live-Twice-604.jpg

Enjoy the rest of the film!
    Dwayne wrote: »
    ah, viewing of YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE @ToTheRight, a film that always makes it into my top 10 (at either 9 or 10, but still).

A great John Barry score and his best until the next film (OHMSS), so he was on a roll in the late 1960s/early 1970s. Plus you have one of the most iconic set pieces in any Bond film. They spent a fortune on SP, yet I can't remember anything about it. YOLT, on the other hand, takes your breath away.

2ymmg1giwai41.jpg

And lastly, it is the only place where two of my fandoms (Bond and Godzilla) meet as the two female leads also starred in several Toho monster flicks of that era. In some ways Aki (Akiko Wakabayashi), Kissy (Mie Hama) and Tiger (Tetsurō Tamba) are just as interesting as Bond IMO.
    akiko_wakabayashi__1339133522.jpg
    You-Only-Live-Twice-604.jpg

Enjoy the rest of the film!

This may make my top 10 now that you mention it. I'm due for a new ranking.
    Beautiful scenery in this Bond.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    One of my unanswered Bond questions, is exactly why Mie Hama and Akiko Wakabayashi were cast? The story about what happened after they were cast in the roles is oft-told, but nothing about what happened prior to that. I can only guess, that Toho thought they would fit into the Bond universe given that they were (clears throat) attractive and sexy in a "western" kind of way. With the exception of Kumi Mizuno most of the other actresses employed by Toho were - while attractive - very much "girl next door" types (IMO). Another factor may have been their familiarity with each other, having starred in several films together.

Any here are our two leads in KING KONG vs. GODZILLA (1962)
    MV5BYzkzMGI2MTAtZTMwMy00NWVmLTk4NTctNDgzMDUzZjhkZWVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIyNjQ1OTMy._V1_.jpg

"Put me down Kong or I'll send Connery-san after you!"
    25c0f7660cdd7749e480d0fc89659d4c.jpg
    The volcano set is so iconic.
    ...........and another viewng of YOLT has come to an end. Didn't do as much commenting this time as I was completely enthralled.