The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    edited August 4 Posts: 2,797
    I always have mixed feelings about the Lulu title song. Composed by John Barry and Don Black, it seems eager to ape the prior “Live and Let Die” by Paul and Linda McCartney, yet it falls short IMO. Perhaps a more mid-tempo theme would have worked better (again, IMO). When short on time in playing back the Bond themes, I usually skip it. Yet I really like Lulu (“To Sir, With Love”). Go figure.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The Bond waxwork moved, I am suspicious 😂
    The song has grown on me
    One of my favorite Binder title scenes.
    It's an ok theme, and I prefer Binders titles for LALD
    The-Man-With-the-Golden-Gun-071.jpg
    Maurice Binder’s title sequence is …well … exciting. I’m surprised that I’ve never heard any stories about it being censored in some countries!

;;)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    It's another belter of a theme from Lulu though I prefer the outro version at the end.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    The-Man-With-the-Golden-Gun-071.jpg
    Maurice Binder’s title sequence is …well … exciting. I’m surprised that I’ve never heard any stories about it being censored in some countries!

;;)

I reckon TSWLM titles are more racy!!!
    @ToTheRight has your fiance watched TMWTGG before?
    Nice suit Rog!
    It's another belter of a theme from Lulu though I prefer the outro version at the end.

Same.
    One positive, TMWTGG gets us right to the M Office scene straight away. And it was one of the best lines in all of Bondom:

I mean, sir, who would pay a million dollars to have me killed?
    M: Jealous husbands! Outraged chefs! Humiliated tailors! The list is endless!

In fact, for a film that I normally don’t rate, it has some good – and occasionally great - dialogue.

@ToTheRight has your fiance watched TMWTGG before?

Yes. She's seen them all now except the 67 CR.
    As much as I like this film it arguably has the weakest script in the series.
    I miss Bernard Lee 😮‍💨
    As much as I like this film it arguably has the weakest script in the series.

I should have said weakest plot, it has good dialogue
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    I miss Bernard Lee 😮‍💨

Best ever M.
    Carmen du Sautoy (b 1950) would have been a bit young at the time of the Beirut. '69 incident with agent 002 Bill Fairbanks. :))
    The-Man-With-the-Golden-Gun-117.jpg
    Sir Roger still looks young at 47?

Yes, he looks great

He looks great.
    Watch the mirror...
    All the camera crew 😂
    Watch the mirror...

🤣 Great fight though
    A more recent photo of “Saida.” Yeah, she still has her charm. :D
    unretouched-main-photo-Carmen-Du-Sautoy500fw.jpg
    Cubby threw plaster all over Roger after this was shot. Ruined that nice suit. :)
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Yes, he looks great

Thinking the same thing. Once you know the story.....
    All the camera crew 😂

Someone's head should have been smashed into a mirror for that goof!!!😂
    Dwayne wrote: »
    A more recent photo of “Saida.” Yeah, she still has her charm. :D
    unretouched-main-photo-Carmen-Du-Sautoy500fw.jpg

I wonder if she has any other acting credits, only ever seen Carmen in this film.
    I like how all the Bond actors have different relationships with Q
    Such a great theme