The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    For the record, the version of Lulu's "Man With the Golden Gun" which ends the film is also on my old mix tape. It's better I think.
    Great viewing once again. As it's my fiancee's birthday we're off to celebrate. :)
    Until next time..............................
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Saltzmans swan song regarding Bond, I generally liked what he brought to the series.
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    No, there is some good stuff in it, but it could have been so much more!

Yeah, the potential was there, but the final product was somewhat underwhelming. TMWTGG has its moments, however.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Great viewing once again. As it's my fiancee's birthday we're off to celebrate. :)

Good for ye! Happy Birthday to your fiancee!
    We must do this group watch again soon!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Food time for me, cheers everyone.

Have fun.

And thanks to everyone for participating.

Happy Birthday enjoy rest of your day.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    When I was younger (so much younger than today), I remember buying these two promotional stills of the film from Jerry Ohlinger's here in New York. I can only guess as to why.
    04270d0a-6c9e-5300-936d-6ad2c2e39cda__15634.1690233200.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
    51QYkNCyfpL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

@Dwayne back in the 70s and after from Upstate New York I bought items from Jerry Ohlinger's store by mail. It was amazing to me at the time to possess movie programs and other materials from the Bond films.

jerry03.jpg
    olinger-store.jpg
    I was amazed, but he used to have 3-4 large notebooks of stills for each Bond film. And in those pre-VHS and pre-internet days, any type of photos from the films were worth their weight in gold (or how much I could spend with my afterschool money!).
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Thought of this thread and our watch parties during the pre-covid and COVID times when watching this tonight... while I disagree with many of their Bond film opinions, their passion and entertainment for this challenge was amazing and had me laughing throughout

• edited August 26 Posts: 16,055
    In honor of Connery's birthday, my fiancee (who says "hi" to everyone here) chose FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE for tonight.

We're on the green figs, yogurt scene.

Connery at his best.

I keep tweaking the picture settings on my television and blu-ray player.
    We saw REAR WINDOW on the big screen today and my DVD copy of that film doesn't quite look like the digital transfer screened on the big screen.

FRWL looks great, though.

This tends to be one of my go-to Connery films. I never get worn out with this one.
    Kerim Bey is great.
    Can I borrow a match?
    Never noticed Bond's shirt hanging sloppily behind Grant before.
    I remember the audience cheering loudly after Bond defeats Grant. Great scene.
    The shot of Bond grabbing the guy's hair and knocking him out reminds me of Clark Kent getting knocked down in the diner.
    Where's the KEEEEEEEEEEEEEY?
    She's had her kicks..............
    Excellent viewing.
    Just finished AVTAK and now I'm watching OHMSS.
    First Bond movie theme night in awhile.
    George is digging thru his desk and we get some memorabilia. Great little moment.

It's been exactly 39 years and one day since I first saw OHMSS on the ABC Sunday Night Movie.
    I vividly remember my reactions throughout, what I was doing, feeling and thinking. School was supposed to start later in the week, but was delayed due to a teacher's strike that would last until October 1st.
    I had recently purchased Benson's Bedside Companion book and this film was one I really wanted to see.
    I wasn't let down.

I love Draco's birthday scenes.
    Here we go............ the great Louis Armstrong.
    I love the Gumbold office scene.
    I love Barry's score as Bond and Bunt fly to Piz Gloria. One of my favorite music cues in the series.

Interestingly, that scene was removed from the print of the film that I saw back in 2012 as part of the Muesum of Modern Art's Bond retrospective here in New York. I wonder why...... :))
    On-Her-Majestys-Secret-Service-0406.jpg

PS. Say hello to your girlfriend. I'm sure that between Bond and Film Noir she's getting quite the film school lesson.
    Ah......the angels of death. :)
    Dwayne wrote: »

Interestingly, that scene was removed from the print of the film that I saw back in 2012 as part of the Muesum of Modern Art's Bond retrospective here in New York. I wonder why...... :))
    On-Her-Majestys-Secret-Service-0406.jpg

PS. Say hello to your girlfriend. I'm sure that between Bond and Film Noir she's getting quite the film school lesson.

I will, @Dwayne! :) She called it a night after AVTAK. We love watching noir together. I've got The Blue Dahlia on blu-ray coming in the mail soon. Very much looking forward to that.
    Tracy just rescued Bond in, one of the greatest moments in movie history as far as I'm concerned.
    I love Lazenby's brown plaid jacket. I want to find one like that.

Here we go..........the famous proposal scene.
    .........it's not New Year yet!
    .........it's not New Year yet!

That line always causes me to laugh out loud. Bond is still Bond after all!