The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Dwayne wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    .........it's not New Year yet!

That line always causes me to laugh out loud. Bond is still Bond after all!

Such a great moment. I'm at the end scene now. LAZENBY give this his 110 %. Quite moving.
    I enjoyed this viewing and am glad I had time for this tonight.
    Great Bond double bill!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sunday group warchalong... DAF or LTK other suggestions welcome...
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I've been in DAF mode the last month, and about 1/3 through the film, watching it in sections each weekend. Maybe I'll pop in and chat when the time comes.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    QBranch wrote: »
    I've been in DAF mode the last month, and about 1/3 through the film, watching it in sections each weekend. Maybe I'll pop in and chat when the time comes.

Sounds good its been a while since I watched Sir Seans official last film, what time would be suitable, you are in Australia?
  • edited September 12 Posts: 7,204
    Am not sure I available Sunday, but fire ahead, I may be able to jump in! I watched DAF fairly recently, and I know it sounds daft, but I tend not to watch Daltons two films in a comments as you watch, as I hate to miss anything in them if I'm typing!! 🤪
    My own next plans to watch were NSNA, SP, or FRWL! Depends on my mood! Watched GE the other evening just to see did I still dislike it (I do!!, review to follow! )

Sounds good its been a while since I watched Sir Seans official last film, what time would be suitable, you are in Australia?
    Yeah I'm about 8 hours ahead of UK so tend to miss out on these. Feel free to start when you want and I'll jump in when I can!
    I'd love to join the DAF group watch. If I'm back in time on Sunday I'll pop in.
    What time are we looking at EST NY time?
    To get everyone involved potentially are we looking at 12pm - 1pm UK time? that is early morning in NY and 8pm in Australia if my math is good.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    To get everyone involved potentially are we looking at 12pm - 1pm UK time? that is early morning in NY and 8pm in Australia if my math is good.

If my google time lookups/conversions are correct:

8:00 am (New York)
    1:00 pm (London)
    2:00 pm (Paris, France / Hamberg, Germany)
    10:00 pm (Sydney, Australia - multiple time zones IIRC)

You guys can decide/adjust from the above, and I'll try to chime in when I can if for no other reason than to riff on Connery's ugly pink tie. Ugh!
    Diamonds-Are-Forever-563.jpg
    @-)
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Am not sure I available Sunday, but fire ahead, I may be able to jump in! I watched DAF fairly recently, and I know it sounds daft, but I tend not to watch Daltons two films in a comments as you watch, as I hate to miss anything in them if I'm typing!! 🤪
    My own next plans to watch were NSNA, SP, or FRWL! Depends on my mood! Watched GE the other evening just to see did I still dislike it (I do!!, review to follow! )

Just went back and found I did a 'comments along' on DAF.......way back in February after coming out of a bout of Covid!! Doesn't time fly? So I may jump on tomorrow, though forgive me if I repeat myself!
    though forgive me if I repeat myself!
    And, Franks, for God's sakes, come up with something original!
    I am not really doing much other than having a lazy day tomorrow so will go with which ever time suits everyone.
    though forgive me if I repeat myself!
    And, Franks, for God's sakes, come up with something original!

😂
    I have a pressing engagement tomorrow morning, so it doesn't look like I'll be making it for DAF. If I get a chance I'll pop in and say "Hello-".
    Enjoy the film for me, and if so inclined enjoy a '51 sherry alongside a bombe surprise. No surprise, though save that for Mr Wint.
    Since my fiancee and I are going to be out during the DAF viewing, she's in the mood for a Bond now and we chose OCTOPUSSY.

Moneypenny scene. Great stuff. I love Robert Brown as M.

Orlov hams it up. I love it!
    Let's see how badly he wants it...........
    Vijay is great.
    I prefer CASH
    The liquid crystal TV bit is pretty funny. :D
    IN OUT IN OUT IN OUT
    the great Ingrid Pitt. :)
    I love Louis Jourdan. Not only one of my favorite Bond villains, but one of my fave Columbo villains and Dracula's.
  • edited September 15 Posts: 16,055
    Bond takes one bite and they take his souffle away.
    Let the sport commence!
    SITTTTTT!
    Mickey G!
    I want a brown vest like Roger Moore's.
    Love the fight in Octopussy's palace.
    Bond fakes Octopussy out.
    ........and Orlov gets his.