The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

I do like the visuals in this final scene on the bridge!
    And Bond drives off with Madeleine in the DB5! Should this have been Craigs exit, just like it should been Rogers sailing off with Octopussy?

Well, I still really enjoy the first two hours of 'Spectre' and will continue to watch it, but they really should have got thst final section right, such a pity! It's stopped raining, I better bring the dogs for a walk!
  • edited October 5 Posts: 16,132
    I really enjoyed this write up, @Mathis1.

I've got GOLDFINGER in here on Global James Bond Day. My future step father in law welcomed me to the family with a DVD of this film. Turned out the be the SE from 2000, which I didn't have a copy of.
    I've watched the Lowery transfer so many times I'd forgotten what this version looked like.
    I must say the colors do pop. Connery's blue jumpsuit really sticks out.
    The iconic golden Jill scene. I really love Connery's performance here. He's clearly upset, yet he's keeping his composure.
    He carries that performance into the M scene, which is played brilliantly.
    It's early here. I woke up at 430, a little under the weather as my fiancee had a bad flu this week. I got home from work and essentially crashed. Now I'm up enjoying this favorite film. :D
    I love the black tie dinner sequence.

Here we go. Q in all his glory. One of the most perfect Q scenes.
    I love how Goldfinger misses the hole after Bond drops the gold bar.
    Here we go- the classic Aston Martin chase. Looks like Bond is using a P38 here from his glove compartment.
    Honor Blackman has always been one of my favorite Bond girls.
    Felix has a great view of the White House.
    I've always liked Ken Adams work here, especially Auric Stud.
    I like Bond in Kentucky. My grandparents were from Kentucky. One day when I was about 14 I showed my Grandpa this film. It was the Oddjob's Pressing Engagement scene. He immediately could tell it wasn't filmed in Kentucky. Of course, those scene were shot in Miami, but I didn't know that at the time.

I love the model of Ft Knox.

Cec Linder is quickly rising in my Felix rankings with this viewing. Hmm..............have I ever ranked the Felixes? That might be interesting.
    The junkyard scene never fails to remind me of SUPERMAN III.
    Goldfinger looks excited as Bond realizes what his true plan is. Great facial expressions by Frobe here.
    Had it ever been confirmed that Mickey G's cameo is immediately after the shot of the plane engine running? Looks like him to me upon close examination.

Watched THE EVIL OF FRANKENSTEIN the either day and only then realized Caron Gardner is one of the pilots here. I must be slipping as a Bond fan letting that information get past me.
    Goldfinger really doesn't give himself much time to get out of there after planting the bomb.
    3 and a half minutes is nothing.
    Kamal Khan gave himself at least half an hour. :D
    Wouldn't mind seeing another Bond have a fight scene similar to the Oddjob sequence. Bond is outclassed physically and has to rely on his wits and ingenuity to defeat his opponant.
    Roger Moore had Jaws, but those scene were more or less played for laughs. I think Hinx was the closest we got to this in the later films.
    This DVD copy shows the wires plain as day. Lowery took them out for the later UE and Blu-ray.
    I guess I prefer the wires. :( I remember them in the cinematic prints I've seen.
    Great ending, and this film remains at the top for me.
    Happy Global James Bond Day.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Happy Global James Bond Day @ToTheRight.

I watched GOLDFINGER a couple of weeks ago. A great experience ... as always. And since GF was my late mother's favorite Bond film (she got me into Bond in the first place), it is always an emotional experience for me.
    NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN

I miss the Warner Bros logo. The Orion one looks cheap. Connery looks great here. I love the cheese appeal of this song playing over the opening scene. Cheese Whiz.
    I actually love a lot of Legrand's score.

Headbutt.
    I love Sean's face after he stabs him.
    Sean has some great facial expressions again as the doctor explains what's in store for him.

From here?
    My fiancee is watching this with me, and liking Fatima;s character. Especially her intro here.
    The great Klaus Maria Brandauer as Largo. one of my favorite main villains.
    Jack's been smoking again!
    When I started middle school we had to bring gym clothes, and I chose a gray sweatsuit. Inspired by Connery here. I didn't have the white turtleneck underneath, though.
    Bond is getting thrashed.
    I like Edward Fox's M. He's pretty funny.
    Chuck Cunningham.
    Now we know why Chuck vanished from HAPPY DAYS.
  • edited October 13 Posts: 16,132
    Frank Langella's DRACULA castle makes a cameo here.
    Put them on ice.

I love the way Brandauer delivers that line.
    'morning, Charles! Largo is quite chipper.
    I love Domino's dance music. The greatest bass lick music history.
    This scene between Largo and Domino is good, though. Great performances here, IMO.