The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Circus! Never been a fan. We were always brought as kids!
    Trains! I love trains in Bond movies!
    Bond confronts Orlov.
    Great scene!
    The action here is terrific!
    Orlov buys it!
    Bond in the monkey outfit! Love the bit where he looks at his watch! 😄
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The series moments are good in OP certainly during the final act.
    Excellent stuntwork on the train, though I do wince knowing Martin Grace was nearly killed when he hit a concrete post while doubling for Roger. Paul Weston took over when Grace was rushed to hospital. When Grace made a miraculous full recovery, Cubby made him stunt co-ordinator for AVTAK!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 13 Posts: 24,989
    Mathis1 wrote: »

I still have no idea how Bond manages to get out of the outfit, I often wonder if that suit was from The Pink Panther props department.
    "And that's for 009!"
    Director John Glen comes in for a lot of criticism but I think he handles this whole sequence of Bond racing to get to the Circus before the bomb goes off, masterfully!
    "And he's wearing a red shirt!" 😅
    Despite the seconds ticking away, Bond spends some time getting his clown make up perfect!! 🤣
    Genuinely suspenseful scene with the bomb. First time I saw it I honestly didn't think 007 was going to make it!
    Octopussys troupe storm the palace! Well maybe storm is not quite the word 😁
    "Octopussy...Octopussy!"
    Love the way Khan says this
    Bet Rog had great fun sliding down the bannisters!
    Rog really sells this action on horseback trying to catch the plane! "Come on!!"
    Fantastic aerial stunts! These guys really earn their wages!
    When the plane was meant to crash, the effects guys sent it over a cliff with a dummy but apparently it kept going and the cameras missed it!!! John Richardson had to do a model shot back in the studio of it crashing!
  • edited October 13 Posts: 7,387
    Bond and Octopussy sail into the sunset!
    Great viewing, brings me right back to warm Sunday Summers Day back in 1983 when I first saw it!

I still have no idea how Bond manages to get out of the outfit, I often wonder if that suit was from The Pink Panther props department.

It does look like the same suit! Probably was 😆
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Maud Adams is indeed beautiful!
    She knew Roger well, hence their strong chemistry

Great observations @Mathis1. And yes, Maud Adams is very beautiful (still). If only that expensive Octopussy robe that was being sold in the 007 store actually came with her wearing it, I might have taken out a loan! :D
    Octopussy-479.jpg

If our last Bond film ranking game is any guide, Octopussy appears to be gaining support among fans.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Maud Adams is indeed beautiful!
    She knew Roger well, hence their strong chemistry

Great observations @Mathis1. And yes, Maud Adams is very beautiful (still). If only that expensive Octopussy robe that was being sold in the 007 store actually came with her wearing it, I might have taken out a loan! :D
    Octopussy-479.jpg

If our last Bond film ranking game is any guide, Octopussy appears to be gaining support among fans.

Thanks @Dwayne
    I've always enjoyed it, it has issues, what Bond movie hasn't? But there's lots of good stuff in it! Really entertaining!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited October 13 Posts: 6,246

I still need someone to explain this to me...possibly the worst bit acting in the series.

With small strategic cuts here and there (the racism, the Tarzan yell), OP would easily be top five in the series. It has one of the strongest original stories.
    echo wrote: »

I still need someone to explain this to me...possibly the worst bit acting in the series.

With small strategic cuts here and there (the racism, the Tarzan yell), OP would easily be top five in the series. It has one of the strongest original stories.

Red shirt = Russian!!
    Another superb write up, @Mathis1. Your comments put a smile on my face every time. :)

I'm popping in FOR YOUR EYES ONLY in honor of Sir Roger's birthday.

One of my fave gunbarrels. I'm posing along with him as I watch.

Sie Roger's hairstyle has reverted back to his classic SAINT look, albeit with different products I assume.

John Hollis was in a SAINT episode I watched earlier. Great Blofeld, here, IMO.

I do love this PTS.

Summer of '82, we had SHOWTIME and occasionally our cable provider who play HBO or Cinemax as a trial deal. This Bond played that summer, and I remember catching this opening. Didn't finish it, though b/c we had to go somewhere.

So I didn't really get to see this film until it aired in November of'83 on ABC.
    It instantly became my favorite Moore film then.
    This film, (maybe it's the blu-ray) seems to have a much more subdued color palette than other Bonds. More natural in tone. The NSNA Blu-ray I watched last night popped by comparison.

Gonzales is in SUPERMAN III.
    Bond brings a trencoat and hat to the office. I love it. Pity we don't see Bond in that trenchcoat.