The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    A10CyPtkAwL._SX342_.jpg

Have it on dvd needed a upgrade

I heard it was awful so I stayed away. It looked decent though.

It was ok it depends whether you like that type of movie, I also really enjoyed Aronofsky's The Fountain I am partial to out there metaphor and allegory.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvkB7r2OK5KBM7os8gXsjA7lOD7WNuq1BAREFHT-oihQ7c-MrE

11330_large.jpg

80402_large.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Can't go wrong with Collateral! Cruise is electrifying in that one.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    91yZjQ+8hbL._SL1500_.jpg
    edited September 2017 Posts: 24,804
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Collateral is one of my favourite Michael Mann films the cinematography is fantastic and that's on dvd, not seen Never go back yet though picked that up for £5 I have read mixed reviews.
    91yZjQ+8hbL._SL1500_.jpg

WW got pushed back in the UK for Bluray release though finally available on HD download next week, I still have not seen it.
    It's one of my favorites of his as well, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, though none of them top Heat for me. Still, as you said, incredible cinematography, great chemistry between Cruise and Foxx, and amazing action sequences.
    edited September 2017 Posts: 24,804
    It's one of my favorites of his as well, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, though none of them top Heat for me. Still, as you said, incredible cinematography, great chemistry between Cruise and Foxx, and amazing action sequences.

Funny you should mention Heat Just been looking at a special edition on Bluray I want to buy it though will wait for a price drop current price is £22.87 it's a remastered directors definitive edition released earlier in the year.

81aNVy4ogPL._SX342_.jpg

Funny you should mention Heat Just been looking at a special edition on Bluray I want to buy it though will wait for a price drop current price is £22.87 it's a remastered directors definitive edition released earlier in the year.

81aNVy4ogPL._SX342_.jpg

I bought the US bluray version of that a couple months back, it's incredible. Felt like a nice upgrade compared to the original bluray I had, and the soundtrack and audio really pops in it.

81aNVy4ogPL._SX342_.jpg

I bought the US bluray version of that a couple months back, it's incredible. Felt like a nice upgrade compared to the original bluray I had, and the soundtrack and audio really pops in it.

I'll definitely buy it at some point with films like Heat you want the best picture and sound possible I do like the cover art on that box.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

@Creasy47, my best friend and I got together a short time ago when he was back home over a free weekend and, as is common when we hang out, we started dismantling our favorite films and what makes them tick. He brought up Collateral and went into a really fascinating analysis of it and pointed out all the thought Mann and his team put into the script, cinematography and more to build up the characters, place metaphors in the story and visuals that described the characters' personalities and how they overall weaved the entire thing together into a cohesive whole. I hadn't seen it in quite a while, so I couldn't add that much, but I was marveled all the same and thought to myself, "Creasy would get a kick out of this discussion."

There is little better than discussing films with passionate film fans and there's so many times when I wish that I'd recorded those with my friend and I. ;)

81aNVy4ogPL._SX342_.jpg

That's the version of Heat I found on sale for $8 in a bargain bin (!). I need to finally give it a watch, and wipe that movie sin off my list.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Collateral is one of the few Mann films I did enjoy.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I would've eaten up a discussion such as that. The friends in my area enjoy film, but none are remotely close to being huge film buffs or anything like that, so I gotta come here for in-depth discussions like that.
    71POxLMurRL._SY445_.jpg

911s%2B00QdNL._AC_UL320_SR248,320_.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJsCrDf9fKH620GDyECzJXPKRdMU4dykoCjtHvq60Ia5qyLVs0

220px-4_to_Doomsday_DVD_cvr.png

latest?cb=20111217102228

Earthshock_DVD_cvr.png

51poyl%2B19kL._SY445_.jpg

71rc0t98QbL._SL1087_.jpg
    Gerard wrote: »
    71POxLMurRL._SY445_.jpg

911s%2B00QdNL._AC_UL320_SR248,320_.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJsCrDf9fKH620GDyECzJXPKRdMU4dykoCjtHvq60Ia5qyLVs0

220px-4_to_Doomsday_DVD_cvr.png

latest?cb=20111217102228

Earthshock_DVD_cvr.png

51poyl%2B19kL._SY445_.jpg

71rc0t98QbL._SL1087_.jpg

Good selection I often wonder if Tom Baker is still on that boat in the Five Doctors, it's a shame he did not get involved in the special.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2017 Posts: 28,694
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I would've eaten up a discussion such as that. The friends in my area enjoy film, but none are remotely close to being huge film buffs or anything like that, so I gotta come here for in-depth discussions like that.

Trust me, @Creasy47, that's the same with me and my area. If it weren't for my friend, I'd have either missed out on a lot of great films or would've never been able to share my love of them. Us film obsessives seem to be a minority!
    717ziispBxL._SL1068_.jpg

Been after this special edition for a while price has dropped had to bag it.

823_front.jpg

Enjoyable TV movie I am curious to see how well the ice settings stand up on Bluray.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Jessica Jones - Season 1
    11348482-1604425713657967.jpg

Finally got my hands on a blu-ray copy last night!
    Jessica Jones - Season 1
    11348482-1604425713657967.jpg

Finally got my hands on a blu-ray copy last night!

Nice steel book JJ is probably my favourite of the Marvel shows on Netflix
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    51DWX85M69L.jpg

51JZMZZ1ZRL._SY445_.jpg
    51DWX85M69L.jpg

51JZMZZ1ZRL._SY445_.jpg

Nice movies, good choice.

BD
    Charade
    American Horror story: Coven
    Alan Carr; Spexy Beast Live
    X-files season 6
    Appaloosa
    Doctor Who Season 6 [NuWho]
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Chinatown BD. About damn time.
    chrisisall wrote: »

I'm starting to think we can make you purchase anything, my old friend. ;)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited September 2017 Posts: 4,043

81aNVy4ogPL._SX342_.jpg

I thought that price sounded a bit ridiculous, this is what I paid for mine on Amazon UK and it's still available.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_7?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=heat+blu+ray&sprefix=heat+bl,aps,251&crid=THXUVC458HGM

Was lucky to catch the new restoraton at the Leeds Film Festival last year, as someone who caught it on original theatrical release it was like seeing it for the first time again after having got use to inferior home versions of it over the years.

I've popped it in and had a preview but not watched it all the way through but it's definitelty an improvement over the previous versions in my view, the film is a masterpiece.

Shardlake wrote: »

81aNVy4ogPL._SX342_.jpg

I thought that price sounded a bit ridiculous, this is what I paid for mine on Amazon UK and it's still available.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_7?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=heat+blu+ray&sprefix=heat+bl,aps,251&crid=THXUVC458HGM

Was lucky to catch the new restoraton at the Leeds Film Festival last year, as someone who caught it on original theatrical release it was like seeing it for the first time again after having got use to inferior home versions of it over the years.

I've popped it in and had a preview but not watched it all the way through but it's definitelty an improvement over the previous versions in my view, the film is a masterpiece.

Cheers for link just looked on my wishlist on Amazon it's the same Heat Bluray as your link though the price has dropped dramatically how odd.

Just ordered Heat Definitive Edition

Believe it or not, I've only seen this masterpiece once, in film class back in High School!

Believe it or not, I've only seen this masterpiece once, in film class back in High School!

@chrisisall, wow. I don't think I could go a year without watching it at least once, max two years. You need to get on that; lots of catching up to do. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Of the Polanski films I have seen, Rosemary s Baby is probably my favourite.
    You need to get on that
    Being nosy? ;)
    You need to get on that
    Being nosy? ;)

Just trying to reacquaint you with a film you need to see more of. ;) We should make a pact, where every time I watch Blade Runner you must watch Chinatown. There's a lot of cuts of Blade Runner out there though, so maybe we should only count the final cut or theatrical version (or your preferred international cut) to save you a lot of rewatches of Chinatown. ;)
    You need to get on that
    Being nosy? ;)

Just trying to reacquaint you with a film you need to see more of. ;) We should make a pact, where every time I watch Blade Runner you must watch Chinatown. There's a lot of cuts of Blade Runner out there though, so maybe we should only count the final cut or theatrical version (or your preferred international cut) to save you a lot of rewatches of Chinatown. ;)

You missed my reference! ;) Gittes is a nosy guy. heh heh