The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

Dune BD US import, apparently its superior to the UK transfer, had so many versions of this film in the past not entirely sure which cut it is.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I would guess at the time it was one of the most expensive cut scenes.
    10 mil. No biggie.
    Pocket change.
    Alien Vs. Predator on Blu Ray.
    I have to say, I loved the unrated DVD version. A LOT. It's like a fun comic come to life. And as I was contrasting The Donald & Hillary on the next President thread, I realized that I really NEEDED this movie on BD to celebrate this ongoing drama-filled American electoral process.
    Call it my cinematic metaphorical catharsis. ;)
    Pre-ordered Batman: The Killing Joke. Also ordered a few other films to beef up my collection. Waiting until the in-store release of Zootopia so I can make sure I get the slipcover :)) I'm weird like that about Disney/Pixar films.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Just received my NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN BluRay. My previous copy had the horse falling into the ocean snipped out. I believe this printing is intact.

Been looking at NSNA BD on Amazon UK though currently its around £20 which I won't pay. Not sure if its in print and there are just a few copies with the price bumped up. Not fond of the film though curious to see it on BD.

edited May 2016 Posts: 17,703
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Just received my NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN BluRay. My previous copy had the horse falling into the ocean snipped out. I believe this printing is intact.
    You bought a new Blu Ray of a movie on Blu Ray you already possessed that wasn't all that great to begin with for a couple of slo-mo shots of a horse's a*s hitting sea water-?

#-o
    @Birdleson you'll be happy to know I bought Grave of the Fireflies. Absolutely loved it; I recommend you keep on showing it in your classes, until the very end!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @fire_and_ice, unless you get lucky enough getting ahold of a used copy somewhere, you'll have to shell out more than you may like for NSNA. The cheapest I was seeing it go for the longest time here in the States was $25-30.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @fire_and_ice, unless you get lucky enough getting ahold of a used copy somewhere, you'll have to shell out more than you may like for NSNA. The cheapest I was seeing it go for the longest time here in the States was $25-30.

Agree been looking for some time not found anything below £19.99. I often buy based on what I feel is good value, I don't want NSNA that much to spend more than £10 at the most.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Creasy47 wrote: »

For some reason NSNA is like out of stock in the UK.
    On amazon.de you could get it for 7.99 EURO although I don't know what shipping cost would be.
    I often buy from amazon.co.uk or amazon.com and shipping costs are reasonable.
    In Germany the title is "Sag niemals nie" but it can be found under Never Say Never Again anyway.
    @fire_and_ice, you could always attempt to pick up a copy through a site like eBay, but even there, I've had no luck finding copies that were cheaper than the high $20 range.

@BondJasonBond006, perhaps it's just one of those titles that become more and more rare as time went on, less copies were produced, and less and less people were interested in picking it up, so now it's both higher priced and slightly harder to get ahold of.
    @BondJasonBond006 good idea I will look at other countries Amazon, though UK Amazon usually throws up Imports with UK sound options.
    Also NSNA strangely isn't availabe on iTunes, it's the only Bond movie I don't own as download.
    One would think, the distribution company has no interest in making money out of it.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Checked Amazon also though they only offer a SD digital stream/download [-(
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,696
    The Big Short (2015) on Blu Ray.

Next up: 'Creed' and 'Hateful Eight'.
    JAWS 2
    on iTunes as download

I will watch this shortly.

The Big Short (2015) on Blu Ray.

Next up: 'Creed' and 'Hateful Eight'.

Still not watched Creed all the films you mention I want to see, quite a few potentially good films heading to BD.

BD
    My darling Clementine
    Belle du jour (Catherine Deneuve)
    SaintMark wrote: »
    BD
    My darling Clementine
    Belle du jour (Catherine Deneuve)

Someone's adding to their Criterion Collection, it seems.
    JAWS 2
    on iTunes as download

I will watch this shortly.
    I'm more eager than you might imagine to read your review of it.
    Blade Runner: Final Cut HD digital download from Amazon £3.99 bargain of the week.
    Cool Hand Luke and If.
    Bought and watched BLUE THUNDER a day ago.
    Bought 2010 just now on iTunes as well.
    Ordered The Seven Ups on Blu-ray on amazon.

I think I'm on a Roy Scheider collecting frenzy :))
    I do like Roy Scheider, but I haven't seen many of his films. Jaws and The French Connection are two of my favorites, though.
    All on BD...

Blue Harvest
    Something Something Dark Side
    It's a Trap

Love how faithful they are to the original trilogies effects sequences, great fun.
    Bought and watched BLUE THUNDER a day ago.
    Bought 2010 just now on iTunes as well.
    Ordered The Seven Ups on Blu-ray on amazon.

I think I'm on a Roy Scheider collecting frenzy :))

Blue Thunder is a excellent tech paranoia movie, bought it on BD a few weeks ago not had chance to watch it yet.

For Roy Scheider fans Marathon Man is a must, its a truly great film.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Oh yes, forgot he was in that one.
    Not forgetting Seaquest... I vaguely remember the show when I watched it as a kid, alas its not available on any format in UK. Roy appeared as captain initially then replaced by the great Michael Ironside.
    Not forgetting Seaquest... I vaguely remember the show when I watched it as a kid, alas its not available on any format in UK. Roy appeared as captain initially then replaced by the great Michael Ironside.

Seasons 1 and 2 of SeaQuest were released in Switzerland/Germany some years ago.
    Last year finally Season 3 as well.

Nathan Bridger is one of my favourite tv characters.