Honouring Roger Moore in Bond 25.

2»

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Urgh, the best way to honor the man is to just make a great Bond film and at the end, a simple in memory of. Just keep it simple.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Bond wrote: »
    My preference would be a subtle reference to Moore at sometime during the course of the film... not at the credits or pre-credits. And not a blatantly obvious nod, just something subtle that only a rewatch or a hardcore fan will notice.
    Agreed.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Have Roger be the grandfather of JB. Show his picture hanging in Bond's apartment. The picture frame falls off the wall and there is a cryptic message about attending a funeral. Bond tells M to stuff his orders he has a personal mission to take of. It seems an enemy of his grandfather is alive and well and somehow is connected with Blofeld, except this Blofeld has changed his name back to Oberhauser. Bond finds himself teaming with Blofeld against this old enemy of the family! Call the film "Enemy of my Family!"

Sorry I couldn't resist. I don't think a tribute in the movie is needed.

Maybe a Roger gunbarrel at the end of the film with a "For Roger..." But please don't cram in a tribute within the film. And PLEASE PLEASE lets have a mission that isn't personal for once!
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 11,189
    If we lose another Bond actor before Bond 25, there's no excuse for at least not including a dedication to both men at the end of the film.

1983s Scarface is dedicated to Howard Hawks and Ben Hect, despite it being several years since they both died.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Any nods or homages in the direct film might be overboard. A dedication ala Derek Meddings or Cubby seems appropriate. He was the defining Bond ambassador and has given so much to the franchise.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2017 Posts: 4,491
    Bond 25 possible going to be named Property of Lady (Octopussy title). That already be reference to one of Roger Moore his Bond movies.

Releasing The Saint S3&S4 and S5&S6 in The Netherlands.
    I still think SF should have been dedicated to John Barry.

And I'd like to see both. Some sort of homage in the film would be great. Maybe something along the lines of the Bernard Lee painting? The UNICEF ad is also a nice idea @BAIN123. But it'd also put a smile on my face to see the film dedicated to him ala TND with Cubby. He definitely deserves it.
    They did use his old apartment in the film, at least.
  • Milovy wrote: »
    They did use his old apartment in the film, at least.

Really? I never knew that
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The home M enters to find Bond waiting for her.