The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 4 deadline: Sat 14 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• edited December 2023 Posts: 17,633
    ...and Nketiah comes on so if Watkins does not feature another disaster.

He was so close to scoring as well!

I need to sell not starting is an issue, i have still a few fires to put out in my team my bench is not great.

I expect shared minutes between him and Jesus, going by the games so far this season where both have been available. Arteta can also field Havertz and Trossard as a striker, making the central striker spot even more at risk.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I need to sell not starting is an issue, i have still a few fires to put out in my team my bench is not great.

I expect shared minutes between him and Jesus, going by the games so far this season where both have been available. Arteta can also field Havertz and Trossard as a striker, making the central striker spot even more at risk.

Maybe i should just keep him a cheap option and strengthen the rest of my bench, Christmas will throw a lot of games at us so surely he will start one or two.
  • edited December 2023 Posts: 17,633

Maybe i should just keep him a cheap option and strengthen the rest of my bench, Christmas will throw a lot of games at us so surely he will start one or two.

With Jesus' injury record, I'd definitely expect that – unless Arteta starts experimenting with playing Havertz or Trossard in that position. That being said, Nketiah has also played some minutes on the left (at least in preseason), with Jesus as no. 9.

There aren't many other striker in that price range I'd pick though (other than Wissa or Solanke for a bit more perhaps), so IMO it depends on the rest of your bench.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Ramsdale benched again. Unlucky as he was good last season.

Looks like Raya is the preferred GK of the two now. It will be an interesting situation to follow, because both are good enough to be a no. 1.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Looks like Raya is the preferred GK of the two now. It will be an interesting situation to follow, because both are good enough to be a no. 1.

As Raya is on loan, do they have the option to buy ?

Only Caoimhin Kelleher in Robert Sánchez out for me this gw.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Newcastle deservedly take the lead, Rashford is not even trying needs taking off. United just don't have the passion and effort Newcastle has, Ten Hag is playing survival football here.
    Based on this season i am well been thinking this for a while... TH is not tactically not up to it.
    Rasmus and Antony on and shock horror Rashford might be going off...

I might be remembering wrong, but I think so, yes. Since Brentford let him leave on loan, I expect a deal will likely be made between the clubs anyway in the summer.

Any reason beyond a tactical decision that Højlund didn't start the game?
    edited December 2023 Posts: 24,689

I might be remembering wrong, but I think so, yes. Since Brentford let him leave on loan, I expect a deal will likely be made between the clubs anyway in the summer.

Not sure maybe TH was protecting Rasmus, TH keeps selecting the wrong players. I worry about Anfield in a few weeks, we could get battered. TH will probably get sacked for sticking with the players that got the last three managers sacked. Not playing Varane is a bad mistake and Mctominay is a passanger. Rashford body language not good.

It's a miracle we only lost 1 - 0 today.
    Some interesting groups there for Euro24, Fantasy Football wise England players are a must with there group fixtures.
    GROUP A
    A1: Germany
    A2: Scotland
    A3: Hungary
    A4: Switzerland
    GROUP B
    B1: Spain
    B2: Croatia
    B3: Italy
    B4: Albania
    GROUP C
    C1: Slovenia
    C2: Denmark
    C3: Serbia
    C4: England
    GROUP D
    D1: Play-off Winner A
    D2: Netherlands
    D3: Austria
    D4: France
    GROUP E
    E1: Belgium
    E2: Slovakia
    E3: Romania
    E4: Play-off Winner B
    GROUP F
    F1: Turkey
    F2: Play-off Winner C
    F3: Portugal
    F4: Czechia

Not sure maybe TH was protecting Rasmus, TH keeps selecting the wrong players. I worry about Anfield in a few weeks, we could get battered. TH will probably get sacked for sticking with the players that got the last three managers sacked. Not playing Varane is a bad mistake and Mctominay is a passanger. Rashford body language not good.

Neither was Martial's body language…

The team selections will be key for ten Hag going forward I think. There are qualities there that could see United winning games, but he need to get them right.
    Some interesting groups there for Euro24, Fantasy Football wise England players are a must with there group fixtures.
    GROUP A
    GROUP B
    GROUP C
    GROUP D
    GROUP E
    GROUP F

Looking forward to some of these games. Spain and Italy in the same group is interesting.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 24,689

The team selections will be key for ten Hag going forward I think. There are qualities there that could see United winning games, but he need to get them right.
    GROUP A
    GROUP B
    GROUP C
    GROUP D
    GROUP E
    GROUP F

Looking forward to some of these games. Spain and Italy in the same group is interesting.

Group B the group of death for sure, though any game in Europe is not easy.

France and England for me are the best teams, if England don't win the whole tournament it will be a failure IMO, we have the best squad.

I must remember to book my leave early lol

GROUP A
    GROUP B
    GROUP C
    GROUP D
    GROUP E
    GROUP F

France and England for me are the best teams, if England don't win the whole tournament it will be a failure IMO, we have the best squad.

When you look at the team England can field for this tournament, it's a golden opportunity for sure. On paper only France look close quality wise, IMO. You never know though, these tournaments are always good for a few surprises; some other teams might have great tournament too.

GROUP A
    GROUP B
    GROUP C
    GROUP D
    GROUP E
    GROUP F

When you look at the team England can field for this tournament, it's a golden opportunity for sure. On paper only France look close quality wise, IMO. You never know though, these tournaments are always good for a few surprises; some other teams might have great tournament too.

Spain will be a threat though i think Gavi is a big miss, the opening game between Germany and Scotland I see a potential upset there.
    My GW not going well, and goals are flying in.
    Colwill my second sub has scored, he has not played for several weeks.

GROUP A
    GROUP B
    GROUP C
    GROUP D
    GROUP E
    GROUP F

Spain will be a threat though i think Gavi is a big miss, the opening game between Germany and Scotland I see a potential upset there.

Agree, I can see Scotland getting something from that game.

Just the one clean sheet for me too, from the game I thought a clean sheet was less likely…

GROUP A
    GROUP B
    GROUP C
    GROUP D
    GROUP E
    GROUP F

Agree, I can see Scotland getting something from that game.

Just the one clean sheet for me too, from the game I thought a clean sheet was less likely…

Villa losing and Liverpool drawing for none FPL reasons is the small consolation, Salah blanking helps my Haaland captaincy if he hauls which I expect, City could run riot vs Spurs injury hit defense.
    Watkins grabs a goal late on to go with his assist, i needed that.
    Salah assist though 3 - 3 vs Fulham.
    Watkins grabs a goal late on to go with his assist, i needed that.

Ouch! I transferred in Darwin as Watkins was a doubt…
    Dam Liverpool now 4 - 3 up.
    Tsimikas assist.
    Spure sucker punched City with a great counter from a City corner Son goal.
    City score immediately 1 - 1 Son own goal lol
    Haaland misses open goal wt...
    Spurs look wide open at back City will exploit the space at some point.
    Doku hits the bar, only just realized Haaland got the assist for son's own goal.