The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 4 deadline: Sat 14 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Chelsea have sacked Poch just when he was turning the team around and got them playing... i bet Chelsea have got an agreement with De Zerbi. All day he has been inked with United though I bet its Chelsea.

I agree. I think De Zerbi would be a natural name for both clubs to look at, but Chelsea specifically. Could we see Poch at United…?
    Congratulations @Torgeirtrap
    84297.gif

Thanks once again for putting your time and effort in for keeping the league going.

It won't long then it is Euro 2024 Fantasy Football :)) I will have a look into that at the end of the week when off work.

I haven't had the time to put as much time and effort into the league and the updates as I would like to have, but I hope I can at least put in just as much time next season. I've considered updating the graphics too, but I know my summer will be a bit busy, so we might have to use the same graphics for another season. In any case, I will have good look at the game graphics when the game is updated for next season; they might introduce some changes that might inspire an idea or two.

I must admit I'd totally forgot about the Euros altogether :)) Will have a look at the game eventually, and see if it looks fun.

Its a fun league and graphics look great, I will sort out the links for the Euro's at the end of the week. Fantasy football scout did a video which I need to watch and will link if useful.

It's more about keeping things fresh and new though. If I find the time, I will definitely see what I can do for next season.

Nice! I think I will rely on content creators to make it easier to get going with my own Euro team. I can't see myself doing the same amount of work as I do with my FPL team, haha!

Poch being linked with Bayern though the media do get in a frenzy when it comes to the managerial merry go round.

I think TH should be given another season though it's very doubtful. I think Poch would be a side ways step, we need to sort our squad out first.

I already have a few players pencilled in for the Euros though I will have to pay attention to some of tge friendlies to identify fringe players.

My dark horse to win the Euros is Germany so will look at three players.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    According to reports Ten Hag will get the sack,they should give him another season with a fit squad.
    It looks like Vincent Kompany will be the next Bayern manager. That still opens the door for Poch (or someone else) at United. There hasn't been many reports about ten Hag and United though, so who knows, maybe they still believe he's the right man for the job.

With the quality of their squad, England should be favourites to win the Euros, IMO. But we all know these tournaments bring a few surprises. France is another team that might go all the way.
    The managerial merry go round seems crazier than ever this summer. Kompany to Bayern seems a very strange appointment considering what happened at Burnley.
    The managerial merry go round seems crazier than ever this summer. Kompany to Bayern seems a very strange appointment considering what happened at Burnley.

I imagine they looked more at how well Burnley did the season they got promoted. You can argue that with the squad he had, they didn't stand much chance in staying up. Bayern could just as easily have gone for a manager who's already had success elsewhere, so it's an interesting choice.

I imagine they looked more at how well Burnley did the season they got promoted. You can argue that with the squad he had, they didn't stand much chance in staying up. Bayern could just as easily have gone for a manager who's already had success elsewhere, so it's an interesting choice.

What is concerning in modern football is managers don't get much time to build anything. Arteta is one of the exception's, managers need time changing them every season until one fits is not a great model.
    edited May 23 Posts: 24,689
    Ex Man United coach (under Ole) and Ipswich manager Mckenna has held talks with Man United. According to Sky sports this happened last week, great preparation for the F.A. Cup.

Ten Hag is definitely out if true.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Paqueta charged by FA for alleged breaches of betting rules
    BEST Eric Cantona Goals, Skills & Highlights | Man Utd & Leeds | Premier League

I started supporting United in the early 80's during a tough period, King Eric helped transform the the club on the pitch and is Sir Alex's greatest ever signing.

I heard this yesterday, some commentators were suggesting his career may be over??
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

I heard this yesterday, some commentators were suggesting his career may be over??

Sounds like a very serious charge.
    Man United line up for the Final I am like WT... players magically back from injury. All of a sudden my confidence just went up.
    Rooney is on Match of the Day panel for the final, at his peak Rooney legitimately rivaled Messi and Ronaldo, Rooney is one of the greatest player we will ever see.
  • edited May 25 Posts: 17,633
    Man United line up for the Final I am like WT... players magically back from injury. All of a sudden my confidence just went up.

I won't be able to follow the game today, but it will be very, very interesting to see how United to play today, especially given the news that leaked yesterday about ten Hag (tru or not).
    Rooney is on Match of the Day panel for the final, at his peak Rooney legitimately rivaled Messi and Ronaldo, Rooney is one of the greatest player we will ever see.

He was fantastic in his prime, but sadly he didn't enjoy a long career on the pitch. It's strange to think he's still at an age where he could have played professionally.

I won't be able to follow the game today, but it will be very, very interesting to see how United to play today, especially given the news that leaked yesterday about ten Hag (tru or not).

He was fantastic in his prime, but sadly he didn't enjoy a long career on the pitch. It's strange to think he's still at an age where he could have played professionally.

Rooney was very much like Owen in his late teens and early 20's unplayable, absolute world class players.
    I will be shocked if we win :))
    City are too good and United are not very good.
    If we concede early forget it.
  • edited May 25 Posts: 17,633

Rooney was very much like Owen in his late teens and early 20's unplayable, absolute world class players.

United had Rooney, while Arsenal had the talent that was Jack Wilshere. I sometimes can't help but think what a career he might have had if it wasn't for the injuries. I am very happy that he's still at the club as a coach.

United had Rooney, while Arsenal had the talent that was Jack Wilshere. I sometimes can't help but think what a career he might have had if it wasn't for the injuries. I am very happy that he's still at the club as a coach.

Jack was a talent, he appeared on radio here a lot in the UK a few years ago. I think he was similar to Mainoo.
    COME ON UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack was a talent, he appeared on radio here a lot in the UK a few years ago. I think he was similar to Mainoo.

Didn't know that he did punditry. He was clever enough to take his coaching badges while working his way through injuries, and I expect many will have an eye on him and his Arsenal U18 team. Who knows, maybe he will one day be on the touchline for Arsenal one day.
    United are playing well...

Didn't know that he did punditry. He was clever enough to take his coaching badges while working his way through injuries, and I expect many will have an eye on him and his Arsenal U18 team. Who knows, maybe he will one day be on the touchline for Arsenal one day.

Often player with a good football brain make great coach's, I wish him well he is a likeable chap.
    Garnacho...................................................................... wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No surely not offside...
    Get in 1 - 0 to United
    It took 36 minutes to have there first shot on target.
    2 - 0 Rashford...?
    Offside.