The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 4 deadline: Sat 14 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Man City's hearing over 115 PL charges set for November

Man City 'launch legal action' against Premier League over financial rules

City will no doubt have the best lawyers in the world, this should be interesting.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Players already out of the England squad...

Maguire through injury
    Grealish dropped (I think that is a mistake)
    Maddison dropped.
    edited June 6 Posts: 24,689
    England's Euro 2024 squad, Southgate announced a day early.

Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford (Everton), Dean Henderson (Crystal Palace), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Lewis Dunk (Brighton), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Man Utd), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders:
    Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), Declan Rice (Arsenal), Adam Wharton (Crystal Palace)

Forwards: Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Jarrod Bowen (West Ham), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Anthony Gordon (Newcastle), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), Cole Palmer (Chelsea), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ivan Toney (Brentford), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa)

Very attacking though for me our defense is a concern.

I would have taken Branthwaite and Grealish, Southgate being very brave with this squad.

Adam Wharton is the big surprise, I have not seen much of him though being rated very highly by most.

@Torgeirtrap because of this early announcement I suspect England's friendly tomorrow night will be close to the best team.
    Man City's hearing over 115 PL charges set for November

Man City 'launch legal action' against Premier League over financial rules

I wonder who's more scared right now, City or the PL?
    @Torgeirtrap I think most of the squad will be Southgate's usual go to players, Eze and Palmer maybe worried as players that came on in the second half did better. Bowen played well as did Gallagher and they played all game so i think they have booked places.

TAA has to be fitted into the starting 11 because of his passing, TAA may start in CM along side Rice,

Some good players will miss out on the tournament, Watkins again disappointment he could miss out.

I have considered Palmer, but he's not in my draft because of the uncertainty re. minutes. TAA could be in my team by the time the Euro's kick off. Right now, my budget has gone into midfield and attack.

Palmer played at 10 tonight so it appears he is behind Saka and Bowen to play on the right, Palmer being able to play centrally and on the wing may go in his favor and Madisson could miss out, though Madisson did well when on the pitch tonight. Southgate has a headache that's for sure.

Foden and Kane are in my first draft and unlikely to change, outfield I would only consider Bellingham or Saka as other options.

He sure has no shortage of talent to choose from! :))

Kane and Bellingham is in my current draft. No Foden as of yet due to budget.

Off on Friday for 3 weeks so will do a deep dive on players, will likely keep the core of my first draft.

I think I'm fairly settled on a core of players too – at least for gameweek 1. The biggest "will I/won't I" right now, is if I should include Kane or not. So many good options for the opening fixtures.
    @Torgeirtrap because of this early announcement I suspect England's friendly tomorrow night will be close to the best team.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on the lineup for that match! England looks to have a ridiculously strong squad this time around. Out of those dropped, I think Grealish is the only one I'm a bit surprised by. Although you could make a case for everyone that's included really – attack in particular.
    England 0 - 1 Iceland

England have big problems going into this tournament, our defense is a real issue and the team look disorganized with little cohesion.

I know games like this players will want to protect themselves saying that Southgate does not seem to know what to do with the players he has, I think Southgate will need the first two group games to decide what his best team is.

I will say this time and time again over the next 2 weeks, not taking Grealish is a huge mistake.

England won't win the Euro's.
    edited June 9 Posts: 24,689
    Gareth Southgate explains reasons for dropping Grealish and Maguire

Brutal :))
    Watching soccer aid, there are some big names in the teams...

Here's the full England team...
    Jill Scott
    Stuart Broad
    Bobby Brazier
    Sam Thompson
    Paddy McGuinness
    Jermaine Defoe
    Karen Carney
    Gary Cahill
    Tom Grennan
    Jack Wilshere
    Joe Cole
    Sir Mo Farah
    Alex Brooker
    Erin Doherty
    Steven Bartlett
    Danny Dyer
    Theo Walcott
    Ellen White
    Miniminter
    Eddie Hearn
    Sam Quek
    Tom Hiddleston

World XI team...
    Usain Bolt
    Eden Hazard
    Tommy Fury
    Maisie Adam
    Diamond
    Roberto Carlos
    Martin Compston
    Roman Kemp
    Lee Mack
    Theo Baker
    Kaylyn Kyle
    John Obi Mikel
    Jason Manford
    Petr Cech
    Patrice Evra
    Michael Essien
    Tony Bellew
    Alessandro Del Piero
    Emmett J Scanlan
    Olga Garcia
    Kheira Hamraou
    Tion Wayne
    Micheal Ward

Poch bizarrely is World XI manager and the game is at Stamford Bridge lol

Joe Cole score for England get in lol good goal Joe Cole can still play.
    Cole and Wilshire dominating midfield for England.
    1 - 1 Hazard scores from a free kick, its fun seeing Joe Cole and Eden Hazard on the pitch very similar players.
    edited June 9 Posts: 24,689
    2 - 1 to world XI nice move and pass by Bolt, Del Piero goal.

Bolts shirt number is 9.58 love it lol

Joe Cole and Wilshire both wearing number 10 shirts which confused me until i realized lol

2 - 2 great work by Wilshire someone should sign him lol
  • edited June 10 Posts: 17,633
    England 0 - 1 Iceland

England have big problems going into this tournament, our defense is a real issue and the team look disorganized with little cohesion.

I know games like this players will want to protect themselves saying that Southgate does not seem to know what to do with the players he has, I think Southgate will need the first two group games to decide what his best team is.

I will say this time and time again over the next 2 weeks, not taking Grealish is a huge mistake.

England won't win the Euro's.

Åge Hareide got some decent results managing Denmark, so I'm not surprised that he can bring out the same from the Iceland national side. Against England however…

Fun fact: Åge's son, Bendik Hareide, is the current sporting director at Burton Albion.

I'm actually a bit tempted to go without – or at least with just one or two England players in my gameweek 1 team. Just to see how they respond to this result.
    Gareth Southgate explains reasons for dropping Grealish and Maguire

Brutal :))

Hahaha! :))
    2 - 1 to world XI nice move and pass by Bolt, Del Piero goal.

Bolts shirt number is 9.58 love it lol

Joe Cole and Wilshire both wearing number 10 shirts which confused me until i realized lol

2 - 2 great work by Wilshire someone should sign him lol

I don't think this game was on TV here. At least I didn't know anything about it until I saw that Wilshere assist yesterday. :))

Oh how I would wish he had an injury free career. at his best, he was a perfect Arsenal player.
    Wilshire has so much talent shame injury's took there toll.

Still on my first draft though things are ramping up here in the media, Talksport are in Germany broadcasting I am starting to get excited.
    Ten Hag stays according to reports.
    We need to get players in, we are linked with Benfica's João Neves who is potential world class CDM.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

He's done well to win 2 trophies especially the FA cup against city.

We need some defenders, maybe play 4-4-2 with trent in midfield ?
    edited June 13 Posts: 24,689
    TAA needs to play in midfield, I think he will start there for England in first Euro game.
    edited June 13 Posts: 24,689
    Just made several changes to my team, I currently don't have an England midfielder so likely to make a late transfer.

I had a few players flagged as doubts.

A bit surprising considering all the talk before the season ended, but I guess the market isn't necessarily there for managers right now.
    Just made several changes to my team, I currently don't have an England midfielder so likely to make a late transfer.

I had a few players flagged as doubts.

Made a few transfers late last night, since I haven't had much time to work on my team. Pretty settled on a team now I think, but I guess there are a few spots that might still change.
    J iust made several changes I can't make my mind up despite doing some research. I think I am overthinking and just need to play the opening fixtures.
    edited June 14 Posts: 24,689
    Think I am happy with my team,, also managed to have 1.5 million left in the bank.

I have only got 2 English players.
    My team is almost a lock just waiting on Team news for Germany game.
    Wirtz is my captain today, already looking a threat.
    Wirtz goal, good start for me and my captain.

Germany playing good football.
    2 - 0 Musiala all too easy.
    Penalty to Germany... may just be outside the box???

No pen... free kick on edge of box...

Think I am happy with my team,, also managed to have 1.5 million left in the bank.

Only 0.5 in the bank here, and I made two late transfers. Not the most exciting transfers, so I don't think they will matter any way. Wirtz captain here too. Time will tell if I'll stick with the armband on him. The way things are going now, I can see Germany getting plenty of goals!

Only 0.5 in the bank here, and I made two late transfers. Not the most exciting transfers, so I don't think they will matter any way. Wirtz captain here too. Time will tell if I'll stick with the armband on him. The way things are going now, I can see Germany getting plenty of goals!

I ended up changing my mind several times in the last ten minutes lol

Scotland are in serious trouble here, a hammering will make things very difficult.

Scotland are in serious trouble here, a hammering will make things very difficult.

The only reason I didn't change much, was the lack of knowledge about a lot of the players in the game. Euro Fantasy for me is more about picking a squad that looks alright and hope for the best! :))

Indeed. Germany are in total control here, and they play great!
    Penalty quite obvious IMO and a red card, reckless tackle. Scotland in trouble.

The only reason I didn't change much, was the lack of knowledge about a lot of the players in the game. Euro Fantasy for me is more about picking a squad that looks alright and hope for the best! :))

Indeed. Germany are in total control here, and they play great!

Pre tournament I was really not sure how a lot of teams will perform, I just tried to get 3 good strikers firstly.

3 - 0 Germany Havertz, I had a feeling this would be easy for Germany, Scotland have been on a terrible run of results.

I did have two German defenders at one point I should have stuck with the double up.