The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 4 deadline: Sat 14 Sep 11:00*

Comments

Think I am happy with my team,, also managed to have 1.5 million left in the bank.

I have only got 2 English players.

Only 0.5 in the bank here, and I made two late transfers. Not the most exciting transfers, so I don't think they will matter any way. Wirtz captain here too. Time will tell if I'll stick with the armband on him. The way things are going now, I can see Germany getting plenty of goals!

I ended up changing my mind several times in the last ten minutes lol

Scotland are in serious trouble here, a hammering will make things very difficult.

The only reason I didn't change much, was the lack of knowledge about a lot of the players in the game. Euro Fantasy for me is more about picking a squad that looks alright and hope for the best! :))

Indeed. Germany are in total control here, and they play great!

Pre tournament I was really not sure how a lot of teams will perform, I just tried to get 3 good strikers firstly.

3 - 0 Germany Havertz, I had a feeling this would be easy for Germany, Scotland have been on a terrible run of results.

I did have two German defenders at one point I should have stuck with the double up.

That's the tactic I've gone for too. Get some reliable strikers in place, and build a team around them.

I wen't for the double up in defence myself. Most because I thought this was a decent fixture for Germany, and the fact that I wasn't sure about a lot of other defences. The issue with Germany being 3-0 up, is that they might take the foot off the pedal, and invite Scotland more into the game. It wouldn't surprise me if we got a 3-1 or a 4-1 result.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Think I am happy with my team,, also managed to have 1.5 million left in the bank.

Only 0.5 in the bank here, and I made two late transfers. Not the most exciting transfers, so I don't think they will matter any way. Wirtz captain here too. Time will tell if I'll stick with the armband on him. The way things are going now, I can see Germany getting plenty of goals!

Scotland are in serious trouble here, a hammering will make things very difficult.

The only reason I didn't change much, was the lack of knowledge about a lot of the players in the game. Euro Fantasy for me is more about picking a squad that looks alright and hope for the best! :))

Pre tournament I was really not sure how a lot of teams will perform, I just tried to get 3 good strikers firstly.

3 - 0 Germany Havertz, I had a feeling this would be easy for Germany, Scotland have been on a terrible run of results.

I did have two German defenders at one point I should have stuck with the double up.

That's the tactic I've gone for too. Get some reliable strikers in place, and build a team around them.

I wen't for the double up in defence myself. Most because I thought this was a decent fixture for Germany, and the fact that I wasn't sure about a lot of other defences. The issue with Germany being 3-0 up, is that they might take the foot off the pedal, and invite Scotland more into the game. It wouldn't surprise me if we got a 3-1 or a 4-1 result.

Scotland look very poor I can't see them scoring in the tournament, Germany will likely rest a few players soon.

My logic was trying to get as many players in as possible from each top side.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I have no idea what to expect from Italy and Spain.

Holland losing De Jong is a big blow to them.
    edited June 14 Posts: 24,689
    4 - 0 Fullkrug is quite prolific though when checking his stats earlier he does not seem to start games for Germany.

Scotland look very poor I can't see them scoring in the tournament, Germany will likely rest a few players soon.

Same here. I'm playing it really safe going with the teams that usually do well in tournaments. Might take a punt or two should there be any other players that stands out.

I have three Italy players in my team, mostly because they were at a price point which allowed me to get the big players I wanted.
    4 - 0

Strong performance by Germany. They have several great players, so it will be interesting to see how far they can go.
    5 - 0 Fullkrug again.
    Offside.
    He was at the right place at the right time though. Could easily have got a lot worse for Scotland.
    4 - 0

Strong performance by Germany. They have several great players, so it will be interesting to see how far they can go.

I tipped Germany as dark horses to win being the home team and recent form.

Same here. I'm playing it really safe going with the teams that usually do well in tournaments. Might take a punt or two should there be any other players that stands out.

I have three Italy players in my team, mostly because they were at a price point which allowed me to get the big players I wanted.

I only have one Italian player.

At this stage in the tournament its almost a given 8 or 9 players will pick up points in most teams of managers, whoever is the captain pick will be crucial. I was hoping Wirtz would grab a second to make my decision easy lol
    edited June 14 Posts: 24,689
    4 - 1 you called it @Torgeirtrap

Own goal.
    5 - 1 Emre Chan.
    4 - 0

I tipped Germany as dark horses to win being the home team and recent form.

Being host nation is certainly a big motivator.
    4 - 1 you called it @Torgeirtrap

Own goal.

5-1 now!
    Biggest opening game win in the Euros ever, Germany were good though Scotland were very poor. We will see how good Germany really are in there next game.
  • edited June 14 Posts: 17,633
    Yes, the way Scotland looked, it's hardly a proper indicator of the qualities of this Germany side. There's a good generation of players in this Germany team though, and the individual qualities should enable them to win games.
    Yes, the way Scotland looked, it's hardly a proper indicator of the qualities of this Germany side. There's a good generation of players in this Germany team though, and the individual qualities should enable them to win games.

They will be a threat, Germany do push up high certainly there full backs, better teams will be able to get at them saying that they have to be considered one of the favorites.

Fullkrug and Havertz give Germany two different ways of playing, Havertz is important as he plays a similar role as Firmino did at Liverpool. Musiala and Wirtz can effectively run of him in the same way Salah and Mane did with Firmino.

England's defense would struggle against Germany's attack we may just have to out score them if we met. The deeper England go into the tournament its vital we get Luke Shaw fit and playing as England will need him against player like Musiala, I would not use Shaw in the first two group games, wrap Shaw up in cotton wool until really needed.
  • edited June 15 Posts: 17,633

They will be a threat, Germany do push up high certainly there full backs, better teams will be able to get at them saying that they have to be considered one of the favorites.

Fullkrug and Havertz give Germany two different ways of playing, Havertz is important as he plays a similar role as Firmino did at Liverpool. Musiala and Wirtz can effectively run of him in the same way Salah and Mane did with Firmino.

England's defense would struggle against Germany's attack we may just have to out score them if we met. The deeper England go into the tournament its vital we get Luke Shaw fit and playing as England will need him against player like Musiala, I would not use Shaw in the first two group games, wrap Shaw up in cotton wool until really needed.

How is Shaw's fitness right now? Haven't read any updates recently.

Indeed. Just read the news this morning, having read earlier that he was unwell. I'm too young to remember his time at Arsenal, but I've seen him here and there, doing football coverage. I hope Arsenal will honour him in some way once the new season kicks off.
    Shaw not played since Feb though he is our only legitimate left back.

I changed my captain decided to have fun and take risks with the Euro's.

I am sure Kevin will get a great tribute he is well regarded in the game, I heard some great stories of his generosity and time he gave to the fans, many say he is one of the kindest people in football.
    No way that was offside.
    Goal given Swiss 1 - 0 up.
    2 - 0 Swiss looking good, Hungary all over the place very disappointing.
    edited June 15 Posts: 24,689
    2 - 1 Hungary pull one back and an assist from my captain Szobozial. I was thinking i had made a big mistake putting Szobozial in my team.
    Shaw not played since Feb though he is our only legitimate left back.

I changed my captain decided to have fun and take risks with the Euro's.

I am sure Kevin will get a great tribute he is well regarded in the game, I heard some great stories of his generosity and time he gave to the fans, many say he is one of the kindest people in football.

Yes, that what I was thinking too. A fit Shaw is very important to this England team. Again, if fit.

Stuck with Wirtz for now. After his points yesterday, I was unlikely to do anything before the deadline today.

The Prem and the teams are always good at tributes. There's obviously a long time until the season kicks off, so I just hope they will make sure to give him a well deserved tribute.
    2 - 1 Hungary pull one back and an assist from my captain Szobozial. I was thinking i had made a big mistake putting Szobozial in my team.

Briefly considered Szoboszlai, but decided to wait and see how he started the tournament – like many other players and teams that were closed to be covered in my drafts.
    Good win for the Swiss in the end despite a lack luster second half.

Hungary did improve though Germany will cause there defense big problems.

so far we are seeing some good attacking football which is encouraging for the tournament.

Off for a walk before the next games starts hopefully it won't rain lol weather been terrible here the last few months.
    Didn't expect there to be this many goals so early in the tournament, that's for sure!

In my part of Norway the weather has been warmer than usual, and it's very warm here today. I'm inside at the moment, as I can't find a cool spot outside :))
    Spain looking tricky 2 - 0 up already, Croatia look a bit slow.
    Didn't expect there to be this many goals so early in the tournament, that's for sure!

In my part of Norway the weather has been warmer than usual, and it's very warm here today. I'm inside at the moment, as I can't find a cool spot outside :))

Spring has been a right off here mainly rain and not many warm days, June feels like April weather. hopefully we will get a long summer to compensate.
    3 - 0 Croatia look past there best.