The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 4 deadline: Sat 14 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I own Rodri though Oliver must think he is playing for Man City, Rodri should have been sent off.

Croatia miss penalty.
    Didn't expect there to be this many goals so early in the tournament, that's for sure!

In my part of Norway the weather has been warmer than usual, and it's very warm here today. I'm inside at the moment, as I can't find a cool spot outside :))

Spring has been a right off here mainly rain and not many warm days, June feels like April weather. hopefully we will get a long summer to compensate.

I love that we've had a warmer period after what felt like a lengthy winter. But it's a bit uncomfortably warm right now.

Spain are looking good too. It will be interesting to see how Italy plays tonight.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Italy conceded after 26 seconds wow, that must be a record
    1 - 1 this looks like it will be end to end.
    I do regret the Italy defence double-up right now! :))
    I do regret the Italy defence double-up right now! :))

Only Spain with a clean sheet so far, the way things are going i can't see many keeping the opposition out.

Watch England get a 0 - 0 in there first game lol
    2 - 1 Italy they look sharp.
    edited June 15 Posts: 24,689
    Quick thinking by Dimarco.

VAR...
    What a strike!
    I first thought it was Dimarco that got the assist for Barrela.

Italy look very good though there issues maybe killing games off and scoring goals.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Roy Keane says Trent Alexander-Arnold would be "found out" in midfield against top teams at Euro 2024, while Gary Neville agrees that he is not a solution in big games.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/19692/13153692/england-at-euro-2024-trent-alexander-arnold-could-get-ripped-apart-in-midfield-says-roy-keane
    I first thought it was Dimarco that got the assist for Barrela.

Italy look very good though there issues maybe killing games off and scoring goals.

Someone on Twitter suggested that Italy is the sort of team that will either go all the way (or close to it), or go out early. Neither would surprise me really!
    Roy Keane says Trent Alexander-Arnold would be "found out" in midfield against top teams at Euro 2024, while Gary Neville agrees that he is not a solution in big games.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/19692/13153692/england-at-euro-2024-trent-alexander-arnold-could-get-ripped-apart-in-midfield-says-roy-keane

There's no denying TAA's qualities, but I wouldn't disagree that he can be "found ou" against top opposition.

Yeah I saw them discussing TAA, I think when England are dominating possession TAA will be highly effective he is one of the best passers in the world and to be honest recently he has looked England's best player.

TAA will be vital playing against low blocks, how will he do against better teams time will tell I guess. If we are being outplayed Southgate will need a more aggressive player in there alongside Rice I think.

@Torgeirtrap It occurred to me watching Italy that they have arguably the best manager in the Euro's, Spalletti had at times Italy playing like a club side.
    Italy do have some qualities that might take them far into the tournament. The fact that they are managed by Spalletti is a massive advantage.
    Just heard a maniac wielding an axe attacking fans in Berlin was shot dead by police, apparently there was also a bomb scare a few days ago.
  • edited June 16 Posts: 17,633
    Just heard a maniac wielding an axe attacking fans in Berlin was shot dead by police, apparently there was also a bomb scare a few days ago.

With these huge tournaments this is always the fear, that something really bad might happen. We can only hope this was an isolated incident.

With these huge tournaments this is always the fear, that something really bad might happen. We can only hope this was an isolated incident.

Yeah the state of the world is not great post pandemic, security will no doubt be improved with police on high alert.
    Captaincy moved to Kane today, I really should have kept it on Wirtz.

Yeah the state of the world is not great post pandemic, security will no doubt be improved with police on high alert.

And incidents like this shows it's very much needed.

Decided to go without Kane for gameweek 1, and I only have Verbruggen playing today. Gameweek 1 will be more like a preseason watch for me, trying to see which players I want to target getting.
    Poland take a shock lead.
    I was just about to say Hollands defense is probably there strength lol

And incidents like this shows it's very much needed.

Decided to go without Kane for gameweek 1, and I only have Verbruggen playing today. Gameweek 1 will be more like a preseason watch for me, trying to see which players I want to target getting.

I have realized i have made several mistakes with my team, i should have gone premium in midfield not with strikers.
    edited June 16 Posts: 24,689
    Lucky deflection for Hollands equalizer though they have had plenty of good chances.

I almost brought in Gakpo though he just has not impressed me at Liverpool, for Holland he appears to be there star man.
    TAA starts for England as expected in midfield, with Denmark drawing a must win game for England to take charge of the group.

Front 4 is Kane, Saka, Foden and Bellingham makes sense to have TAA one of the worlds best passers to supply these World Class players. come on England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please turn up. [-O<

TAA can move to the right on occasion and Saka come inside to overload the opposition.
    I think Serbia are England's biggest threat in this group, defense still worries me especially LB.
    Here we go, seriously nervous as always.
    Bellingham goal, England totally dominant.
    Half time dropped off in the last several minutes, need to get Kane in the game, definitely need a second goal.

Saka, Bellingham, and Rice the standout players.
    Maguire's absence has allowed England to play a much higher line which has improved them.
    Eze or Gorden needs to come on the i would take TAA off for Gallagher or Mainoo.