The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 4 deadline: Sat 14 Sep 11:00*

Comments

Big changes to FPL.

Very interesting! Many experts and content creators have speculated about changes to the game for a few seasons now, and now there's plenty of new things to be aware of. Being able to save five transfers is huge though. Like Andy says, it's unlikely you will find yourself with five free transfers many times throughout the season, but it certainly rewards planning ahead.
  • edited July 17 Posts: 17,633
    Aaaaaand we're live!

Fantasy Premier League is now live for the 2024-35 season, and I've already reactivated our league. You'll be joining automatically once you have registered your team. If anything goes wrong, or you haven't joined our Back of The Net league before, you can do so by clicking this link, or by using this code: cnzr88.

I hope to see many of you who played last season and the seasons before joining, and new players are of course welcome to join the fun!

I'll be updating this thread with anything relevant as we are getting closer to the first gameweek of the season.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Man United will be playing my team in Norway, Rosenborg, in a show match at Lerkendal Stadium today. Rosenborg are struggling in the home league and are in terrible form, so I expect United, despite lacking most of the big stars, to have an easy match.

Yea I noticed someone was doing a watchalong I need to sub to MUTV for the preseason games.

The game is on a subscription service from one of the largest newspapers here in Norway. I don't have a subscription, and won't be able to follow the game.
    0 - 0 at half time, Norway midway through season?

Yes, the next round of games will be 15 out of 30.

Rosenborg's head coach is, like the "trend" is in several other clubs now, very young, and in his first head coach role. So far he's made Rosenborg play slightly more attacking, but he does not have the material to play that way, which has made them very vulnerable in defence. A part of me want the club to stick with him, but I fear it will take a long time to clear out the squad, and in the meantime the team is unlikely to get much better…

Defeat for Man U it's all a out fitness at this stage, sounds like our keeper was kept busy.

Looks like United's squad consisted of mostly youngsters, Evans, Casemiro and Rashford. I think the three star players that were part of the squad only played the first half. At least Rosenborg got a positive experience out of the game.

The ticket prices weren't cheap either. Expect many of those that went to the game would have hoped to see more first team players.
    @Torgeirtrap congrats for winning Euro FPL I just could not make up the ground after my disastrous 3rd group game I really should have played my Free Hit then, well played.

Thanks! I didn't get many good matchday scores (even forgetting to make subs more than a few times!), but the 80 points in gameweek 2 certainly helped. It was fun to play the game though; a bit different than the fantasy games I usually play.

It was a good distraction from the more serious FPL which is now live, not tried to log in yet.

---

United very close to signing wonder kid Leny Yoro, superb defender at 18 United are starting to sign the right profile of player, Zirkzee and Yoro are both good potential and not players that are past there best.

I heard earlier today TAA to Real Madrid is a real possibility.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just done my first FPL draft...

The Mystery chip will be available in January 2025...
    a mystery indeed....
  • edited July 18 Posts: 17,633
    Man United will be playing my team in Norway, Rosenborg, in a show match at Lerkendal Stadium today. Rosenborg are struggling in the home league and are in terrible form, so I expect United, despite lacking most of the big stars, to have an easy match.

Yea I noticed someone was doing a watchalong I need to sub to MUTV for the preseason games.

The game is on a subscription service from one of the largest newspapers here in Norway. I don't have a subscription, and won't be able to follow the game.

Rosenborg's head coach is, like the "trend" is in several other clubs now, very young, and in his first head coach role. So far he's made Rosenborg play slightly more attacking, but he does not have the material to play that way, which has made them very vulnerable in defence. A part of me want the club to stick with him, but I fear it will take a long time to clear out the squad, and in the meantime the team is unlikely to get much better…

Defeat for Man U it's all a out fitness at this stage, sounds like our keeper was kept busy.

Looks like United's squad consisted of mostly youngsters, Evans, Casemiro and Rashford. I think the three star players that were part of the squad only played the first half. At least Rosenborg got a positive experience out of the game.

The ticket prices weren't cheap either. Expect many of those that went to the game would have hoped to see more first team players.
    @Torgeirtrap congrats for winning Euro FPL I just could not make up the ground after my disastrous 3rd group game I really should have played my Free Hit then, well played.

Thanks! I didn't get many good matchday scores (even forgetting to make subs more than a few times!), but the 80 points in gameweek 2 certainly helped. It was fun to play the game though; a bit different than the fantasy games I usually play.

It was a good distraction from the more serious FPL which is now live, not tried to log in yet.

---

United very close to signing wonder kid Leny Yoro, superb defender at 18 United are starting to sign the right profile of player, Zirkzee and Yoro are both good potential and not players that are past there best.

Looking forward to seeing both in preseason.

Wonder if there's any truth to that. I see some content creators have him in their early drafts.

a mystery indeed....

I'm currently only on my first draft as well. There is some obvious picks I haven't included in my current team, but I have tried to find a decent balance with the different price brackets.

Other fantasy games have other chips than FPL. It wouldn't surprise me if they have taken a look at what works in the other games.

---

Wonder if there's any truth to that. I see some content creators have him in their early drafts.

a mystery indeed....

I'm currently only on my first draft as well. There is some obvious picks I haven't included in my current team, but I have tried to find a decent balance with the different price brackets.

Other fantasy games have other chips than FPL. It wouldn't surprise me if they have taken a look at what works in the other games.

My team is mid tier players at the moment, on my days off i will have a proper look and see how feasible it is fitting in premium players.

TAA has one year left on his contract and Klopp leaving could be a factor, plus he is good friend with Bellingham.

:))
    Yoro is official, get in.
    edited July 18 Posts: 24,689
    Ugarte personal terms agreed with United according to Romano, a top class CDM in the Kante mould a destroyer.

INEOS making all the right moves, need to ship out some players though to get other players in.

Players to sell...
    Maguire
    AWB
    Mctominay
    Casemiro
    To name a few then we need to get De Ligt, Frimpong and Joa Neves.

That would be a good window for United.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited July 19 Posts: 2,443
    Cole Palmer 10.5 ,what was he last season, 6 ?
    We're going to need a bigger budget........ 💲💲 :))

---

a mystery indeed....

My team is mid tier players at the moment, on my days off i will have a proper look and see how feasible it is fitting in premium players.

TAA has one year left on his contract and Klopp leaving could be a factor, plus he is good friend with Bellingham.

I will try and make a Haaland + Salah draft at some point, just to see how it looks. Not sure I'll be able to stretch to both in my final gameweek 1 team though.

Real Madrid as a club is probably very tempting too!

---

a mystery indeed....

I will try and make a Haaland + Salah draft at some point, just to see how it looks. Not sure I'll be able to stretch to both in my final gameweek 1 team though.

If it is one or the other I will opt for Haaland. Salah seemed to drop off a bit last season and though i will keep an eye on Liverpool's pre season and see what system and tactics they are playing.
    United are playing both Liverpool and Arsenal pre season.
    Takng a break, I will be back for FPL.

---

a mystery indeed....

If it is one or the other I will opt for Haaland. Salah seemed to drop off a bit last season and though i will keep an eye on Liverpool's pre season and see what system and tactics they are playing.

I think Liverpool lost a friendly against Preston today. Not sure who played though.

If I remember last preseason correctly, a lot of the games Arsenal played were not on a streaming service, or were played abroad in the US in the middle of the night. I hope at least the game vs United will be on a streaming service I have access to!

I hope we'll see you back soon, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. Enjoy the break!

---

a mystery indeed....

I think Liverpool lost a friendly against Preston today. Not sure who played though.

If I remember last preseason correctly, a lot of the games Arsenal played were not on a streaming service, or were played abroad in the US in the middle of the night. I hope at least the game vs United will be on a streaming service I have access to!

I am not very happy, my training has not been good recently. I will get back to my best quickly.
    edited July 19 Posts: 24,689
    Budget -17.0 after i picked my first squad.
  • edited July 21 Posts: 17,633

---

a mystery indeed....

I am not very happy, my training has not been good recently. I will get back to my best quickly.

I'm sure you will, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! :)

My first squad picks was exactly £100.0. I've made a few drafts I quite liked, but none which have left me any budget to spare, which I managed to do before gameweek 1 last season. Those funds came in handy in the following gameweeks.

---

a mystery indeed....

I'm sure you will, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! :)

My first squad picks was exactly £100.0. I've made a few drafts I quite liked, but none which have left me any budget to spare, which I managed to do before gameweek 1 last season. Those funds came in handy in the following gameweeks.

How many pen takers do you have in your squad ?

I think i had 6 if isak and watkins take pens ? Saka salah erling palmer.
    I have only focused on price points up until now, but I do have some penalty takers, such as Haaland, Salah, Isak (if he's on pens), Eze, Bruno Fernandes and Gibbs-White. How many of these will remain in my squad by the time we start gameweek 1, I'm really not sure.
    edited July 25 Posts: 2,443
    £42m, Riccardo Calafiori: Arsenal reach agreement in principle with Bologna for Italy international defender
    £42m, Riccardo Calafiori: Arsenal reach agreement in principle with Bologna for Italy international defender

Really looking forward to seeing Calafiori at Arsenal. On paper it sounds like a great signing. I do wonder though how the rest of the transfer window will look like. I can't see them signing other players unless there are a number of players going out on loan or signing for other clubs.

Really looking forward to seeing Calafiori at Arsenal. On paper it sounds like a great signing. I do wonder though how the rest of the transfer window will look like. I can't see them signing other players unless there are a number of players going out on loan or signing for other clubs.

Kiwior, Zinchenko, Smith Rowe, Nelson could be going ?

I don't see both of Kiwior and Zinchenko leaving, but you never know. There has been interest for Kiwior in Italy, so out of the two, I guess he's more likely to leave. There has been some interest in Nelson too, I believe, but I haven't read that Arsenal have received any bids. I do believe Smith Rowe might end up at Fulham by the looks of it. It's a shame really, as he and Saka were so important when they both became first team players. Injuries and competition have made the way into the starting eleven more difficult for Smith Rowe though, so it's understandable if he wants to seek minutes elsewhere.
    edited July 26 Posts: 2,443

I don't see both of Kiwior and Zinchenko leaving, but you never know. There has been interest for Kiwior in Italy, so out of the two, I guess he's more likely to leave. There has been some interest in Nelson too, I believe, but I haven't read that Arsenal have received any bids. I do believe Smith Rowe might end up at Fulham by the looks of it. It's a shame really, as he and Saka were so important when they both became first team players. Injuries and competition have made the way into the starting eleven more difficult for Smith Rowe though, so it's understandable if he wants to seek minutes elsewhere.

Do you think Eddie Nketiah is going too ?

Arsenal to submit £60,000,000 transfer bid for Eddie Nketiah upgrade
    https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/other/arsenal-to-submit-60-000-000-transfer-bid-for-eddie-nketiah-upgrade/ar-BB1qy9Qk

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/other/arsenal-to-submit-60-000-000-transfer-bid-for-eddie-nketiah-upgrade/ar-BB1qy9Qk

Apparently Marseille are interested in Nketiah (which is also mentioned in the article you shared above), but that's all I've read. I'm not sure they'll bring in a replacement even if he goes to France, though. They have Gabriel Jesus, Havertz and Trossard who can all play in that striker role. I doubt that's a good decision though, and I hope they are able to bring in a suitable replacement. Viktor Gyökeres (also mentioned in the same article) is one of several names linked with Arsenal, but I don't know how serious the rumours are.

Apparently Marseille are interested in Nketiah (which is also mentioned in the article you shared above), but that's all I've read. I'm not sure they'll bring in a replacement even if he goes to France, though. They have Gabriel Jesus, Havertz and Trossard who can all play in that striker role. I doubt that's a good decision though, and I hope they are able to bring in a suitable replacement. Viktor Gyökeres (also mentioned in the same article) is one of several names linked with Arsenal, but I don't know how serious the rumours are.

Typical transfer rumours, anything could happen ?

Haven't heard many Liverpool transfer rumours. A few defenders are needed like the ones Arsenal have.
    Cheers guys.

Back! United looked OK for 20 odd minutes until Rasmus and Yoro got injured, Arsenal deserved the win, though it is all about fitness at this stage.

I still have major reservations about several United players though too early to see if they can improve from last season.

Typical transfer rumours, anything could happen ?

Haven't heard many Liverpool transfer rumours. A few defenders are needed like the ones Arsenal have.

As always, I think a lot of journalists are just throwing names out there, quoting "sources". At this point, I only believe what David Ornstein, Fabrizio Romano for transfer news in general, and Arsenal in-the-knows James McNicholas and Charles Watts.

I haven't heard many Liverpool rumours either. They, like any other club, is no doubt working on their transfers, but they might just have kept news away from the media.

______

It's looking increasingly likely that Smith Rowe leaves.

Cheers guys.

Back! United looked OK for 20 odd minutes until Rasmus and Yoro got injured, Arsenal deserved the win, though it is all about fitness at this stage.

I still have major reservations about several United players though too early to see if they can improve from last season.

Great to have you back, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

Didn't catch the game myself, as it started so late. Happy to see Arsenal winning, but I've yet to see many highlights, so I don't know how they and United played.