The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

1435436437438439441»

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    England won because of world class players.
  • SimonSimon Keeping The British End Up...
    I hope Southgate realises we went through DESPITE his tactics, not BECAUSE of them. Truly woeful performance again from a truly disjointed midfield that cant find space, hold the ball, or create chances. After watching the Swiss this tournament, I would expect the England goal to be peppered with chances, and that will be a game where one of the few bright sparks, Guehi, will be suspended. Glad they're through, serious doubts we'll go further.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 30 Posts: 24,043
    Jude Bellingham's INSANE 95th-minute BICYCLE against Slovakia at EURO 2024! 😱
    Simon wrote: »
    I hope Southgate realises we went through DESPITE his tactics, not BECAUSE of them. Truly woeful performance again from a truly disjointed midfield that cant find space, hold the ball, or create chances. After watching the Swiss this tournament, I would expect the England goal to be peppered with chances, and that will be a game where one of the few bright sparks, Guehi, will be suspended. Glad they're through, serious doubts we'll go further.

I agree, we will need world class players to create moments to win, we have no team.
    Regarding England start Palmer he is a genius.
    Georgia score wow.
    This is high drama.
    Spain in same situation as England, no team s easy.
  • edited June 30 Posts: 17,444
    I like how many of the games this Euros have had some surprises. The games today no different.

I feel the biggest issue this England team has right now, is the manager. This is a team that is more than capable to go all the way – and beat teams much more comfortably than what they have in this tournament. You do wonder what a manager with a better CV can do with the same players. Just look at Austria and Ralf Rangnick. They are certainly at the best I've ever seen them.
    Southgate reacts to win
    I like how many of the games this Euros have had some surprises. The games today no different.

I feel the biggest issue this England team has right now, is the manager. This is a team that is more than capable to go all the way – and beat teams much more comfortably than what they have in this tournament. You do wonder what a manager with a better CV can do with the same players. Just look at Austria and Ralf Rangnick. They are certainly at the best I've ever seen them.

Southgate seems stuck and not taking risks with team selection and tactics.

Swiss will beat us.
    My fantasy team selection not the best 😂 selling Rodri back fired big time.
    edited July 1 Posts: 24,043
    France to win 2 - 1... My prediction.

Swiss will beat us.

I certainly can't make sense of what he's doing. But then I'm not a manager, so…

The Swiss have really stepped up for this tournament. England should beat them, but you never know.

Ouch! I did consider bringing in Rodri, but decided to prioritise other transfers instead.

Have we seen things like that lead to a ban before?

It's looking like a 0-0 match at the moment. Neither team are creating much.
    The Spurs curse wins it for France.

Swiss will beat us.

I certainly can't make sense of what he's doing. But then I'm not a manager, so…

The Swiss have really stepped up for this tournament. England should beat them, but you never know.

Ouch! I did consider bringing in Rodri, but decided to prioritise other transfers instead.

I think England would do much better if they just went and did there own thing.

If shaw is still not fit bringing him was pointless, Chilwell should be there as LB is a real issue.

My team for the next game would be...
    Pickford
    Walker Konsa Stones Saka
    Rice Bellingham
    Palmer Foden Gordon
    Kane

As much as I want Mainoo to start we need to get Foden in his best position.

Saka at LB for balance he has played there before many times.
    edited July 1 Posts: 24,043
    Brilliant save by Olback, that was never a penalty.

Come on Slovenia.
    Ronaldo is very upset, I love Ronny I think he knows his career is near its end and its got to him.

Good point!

Swiss will beat us.

If shaw is still not fit bringing him was pointless, Chilwell should be there as LB is a real issue.

Pickford
    Walker Konsa Stones Saka
    Rice Bellingham
    Palmer Foden Gordon
    Kane

I wouldn't disagree with that lineup. As much as I want to see Saka play on the right, I think having those three players behind Kane would be interesting to see. Also, it's not like Kane has been on fire either. I understand he's undroppable because he is who he is, but I think Watkins and Toney could do well.
    Ronaldo is very upset, I love Ronny I think he knows his career is near its end and its got to him.

A very big reaction from him, missing that penalty – but it's all to play for still!

Early start for me tomorrow, so I can't watch the second extra half. Will be interesting to wake up and read who won the game!
    OMG Sesko should have scored there.

Good point!

Swiss will beat us.

Pickford
    Walker Konsa Stones Saka
    Rice Bellingham
    Palmer Foden Gordon
    Kane

I wouldn't disagree with that lineup. As much as I want to see Saka play on the right, I think having those three players behind Kane would be interesting to see. Also, it's not like Kane has been on fire either. I understand he's undroppable because he is who he is, but I think Watkins and Toney could do well.

A very big reaction from him, missing that penalty – but it's all to play for still!

Early start for me tomorrow, so I can't watch the second extra half. Will be interesting to wake up and read who won the game!

Trippier maybe out so Saka may drop back, I really want to see shaw though but its not looking likely having not played any minutes at all yet.
    Slovenia penalty's are a disaster class, missed all 3.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    It's been an extremely dour Euros so far. Even the early games that had great goals from outside the box were overall very dull with little sprinkles of magic.

Germany facing Spain in the quarters will be a major help to all the other teams, as it is those two that have been the best of a bad bunch so far.

I'm rooting for Rangnick's Austria.

Good point!

Swiss will beat us.

Pickford
    Walker Konsa Stones Saka
    Rice Bellingham
    Palmer Foden Gordon
    Kane

Trippier maybe out so Saka may drop back, I really want to see shaw though but its not looking likely having not played any minutes at all yet.

Depending on how far England go, is it likely Shaw will play? It would be a huge boost for him.

Only saw the highlights from the game between Portugal and Slovenia right now. A disaster class indeed by Slovenia in the penalty shoot-out! Great saves by Diogo Costa though.
    It's been an extremely dour Euros so far. Even the early games that had great goals from outside the box were overall very dull with little sprinkles of magic.

Germany facing Spain in the quarters will be a major help to all the other teams, as it is those two that have been the best of a bad bunch so far.

I'm rooting for Rangnick's Austria.

It'd been a mixed bag for sure. Some games have been more interesting than first thought, but there hasn't been many memorable moments so far.