The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2023 Posts: 24,776
    I have never seen anything like this, United had to score.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Corner to United, its now or never...
    1 minute left its over. How we have not won this is insane.
    3 - 3 great game but what a nightmare.
    If Onana does not improve he will be gone by the summer, really bad mistakes. United going forward looked pretty good, Antony was excellent.
  • edited November 2023 Posts: 17,660
    Ziyech free kick goal, not sure how that got in. There are lots of goals in this game so not worried yet.

Completely forgot that Hakim Ziyech went out on loan from Chelsea.

Galatasary have some good players, Mertens, Torria who played for you, Zaha, Icardi Anglenino who played for City.

Indeed, Turkish football do have some big names.
    If Onana does not improve he will be gone by the summer, really bad mistakes. United going forward looked pretty good, Antony was excellent.

I believe Onana is the GK with most clean sheets in the Prem so far? He's had some great involvements, but also some shockers. Will be interesting to see if he can improve.

The result is surprising though. Though United would have this under control…
    Ziyech free kick goal, not sure how that got in. There are lots of goals in this game so not worried yet.

Galatasary have some good players, Mertens, Torria who played for you, Zaha, Icardi Anglenino who played for City.

I believe Onana is the GK with most clean sheets in the Prem so far? He's had some great involvements, but also some shockers. Will be interesting to see if he can improve.

Its crazy what is going on with United, in the CL Onana is not great though has played well in the PL in recent weeks. Onana is a class player though he has mistakes in his game and tonight there were a few which have cost us, we have conceded 14 goals in the CL which is crazy.
    Amrabat going off changed the game, after that we were under more pressure, saying that the goals were from errors.

Ten Hag is not known for making good substitutions all season.
    Bruno being diplomatic post match though he does not look happy and I don't blame him.
    Watching Real Madrid v Napoli Bellingham scores again what a player.

Its crazy what is going on with United, in the CL Onana is not great though has played well in the PL in recent weeks. Onana is a class player though he has mistakes in his game and tonight there were a few which have cost us, we have conceded 14 goals in the CL which is crazy.

I'm a bit surprised how many mistakes he's made. He's obviously a class player, like you mention – otherwise he wouldn't be at United. But it's strange how things have been for him at United. Is it a case of wrong player at the wrong club at the wrong time?

He really is. Would have loved to see him in the Prem, but he did a wise decision going to Spain I think.

Great start for Arsenal vs Lens, 4-0 up before 30 mins. They let Lens into the game after this, but responded with a fifth goal just before half-time. The first 30 mins is probably the best Arsenal have played in a long time. And Lens is not a bad team either.

I sure hope Arteta uses this opportunity to make some changes. Arsenal will need to rest players and give others a change to get some much needed minutes on the pitch. The Christmas schedule will be tough enough.

I'm a bit surprised how many mistakes he's made. He's obviously a class player, like you mention – otherwise he wouldn't be at United. But it's strange how things have been for him at United. Is it a case of wrong player at the wrong club at the wrong time?

He really is. Would have loved to see him in the Prem, but he did a wise decision going to Spain I think.

Great start for Arsenal vs Lens, 4-0 up before 30 mins. They let Lens into the game after this, but responded with a fifth goal just before half-time. The first 30 mins is probably the best Arsenal have played in a long time. And Lens is not a bad team either.

I sure hope Arteta uses this opportunity to make some changes. Arsenal will need to rest players and give others a change to get some much needed minutes on the pitch. The Christmas schedule will be tough enough.

Injury have not helped Onana and not having a settled back four.

I heard Arsenal were steam rolling on the real Madrid commentary, you will be amongst the favorites later in the competition.

Injury have not helped Onana and not having a settled back four.

I heard Arsenal were steam rolling on the real Madrid commentary, you will be amongst the favorites later in the competition.

That is without a doubt a huge factor. Having a good defence in front of you creates confidence.

I don't know. Arsenal are yet to face the big teams like Real Madrid or Bayern. I expect teams like that will be too strong for them…
    Jorginho finishes a great evening of football with a penalty goal, making the score 6-0 in the end. Fantastic result, and even more so a great performance by the team.
    Jorginho finishes a great evening of football with a penalty goal, making the score 6-0 in the end. Fantastic result, and even more so a great performance by the team.

It looks like Havertz is starting to deliver, looks a better signing than Mount right now, I have no idea whats happening with Mount seems always injured.

It looks like Havertz is starting to deliver, looks a better signing than Mount right now, I have no idea whats happening with Mount seems always injured.

Yes, he's finally got some goals, as well as having positive involvements with and without the ball. Arsenal need him to keep it up though.

How many games has Mount actually featured in? I'm not sure I've even seen him on the pitch for United yet…

Yes, he's finally got some goals, as well as having positive involvements with and without the ball. Arsenal need him to keep it up though.

How many games has Mount actually featured in? I'm not sure I've even seen him on the pitch for United yet…

I think Mount has played more pre season games than competitive lol with hindsight I don't get the transfer and the money could have been better spent elsewhere a CB firstly.

I think Mount has played more pre season games than competitive lol with hindsight I don't get the transfer and the money could have been better spent elsewhere a CB firstly.

You do understand why United wanted a player like Mount, but you also have to wonder if they would be better off finding someone just as good within the Prem or abroad.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited December 2023 Posts: 2,451
    Got a few injuries this gw
    Jarrod Bowen Knee injury - 50% chance of playing
    Ollie Watkins Muscle injury - 50% chance of playing
    Pape Matar Sarr Knock - Expected back 15 Dec
    Dan Burn Back injury - Expected back 01 Jan

Anyone else have a similar dilemma ?

Only Watkins from this list for me, but I have Cash and Diaby – both of whom only played 45 mins against Spurs… I'm looking at a -4 at the moment, but not sure which players too bring in yet.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Only Watkins from this list for me, but I have Cash and Diaby – both of whom only played 45 mins against Spurs… I'm looking at a -4 at the moment, but not sure which players too bring in yet.

I've got Diaby too, i think he scored mid week in the Europa Conference League.
    An hour to go and i haven't done anything yet.
    First game starts at 2 am last at 7am here.

I've got Diaby too, i think he scored mid week in the Europa Conference League.
    An hour to go and i haven't done anything yet.
    First game starts at 2 am last at 7am here.

He did, which is why I'm stil torn between transferring him out as part of my -4. On the other hand, benching Cash is easier, as I got more cover in defence. Will wait just a little while longer for potential news re. Watkins, then make a final decision. At the moment it looks like I might do Diaby+Watkins to a midfielder (which I haven't decided on as of yet) + Darwin/Isak. Short term I think I prefer Darwin. Longer term I prefer Isak.

The first games will be at 4:00 pm here, while the final one will be at 09:00 pm.
  • edited December 2023 Posts: 17,660
    Here are the gameweek 14 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 8
    Haaland: 7
    Son: 1
    Mbuemo: 1

It's close between Salah and Haaland with all but two managers captaining one of them, but Salah is the most captained player in our league this gameweek, backed by eight managers to Haaland's seven. Good luck everyone!
    Missed the deadline again though it has worked more than not lol I did all my moves last weekend to be fair, i saw none of the team news prior to games. I best check my teams lol
    Great Watkins is very doubtful and my first sub is none starting Nketiah. :((
    Arsenal 2 - 0 up already Zinchenko assist nice.
    Just when i thought my double Arsenal defense was paying off Wolves score grrrr!!!
    ...and Nketiah comes on so if Watkins does not feature another disaster.

He was so close to scoring as well!

He was so close to scoring as well!

I need to sell not starting is an issue, i have still a few fires to put out in my team my bench is not great.