The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 16 Posts: 24,776
    Gallagher coming on abut time.

TAA off.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Bowen on for Saka.
    Wow first cross from Bowen Kane hits the bar.
    Mainoo on for Bellingham should get more control now.
    Good win and clean sheet for England in the end, we never do well in the first games in Euros.
    Just heard a maniac wielding an axe attacking fans in Berlin was shot dead by police, apparently there was also a bomb scare a few days ago.

With these huge tournaments this is always the fear, that something really bad might happen. We can only hope this was an isolated incident.

Yeah the state of the world is not great post pandemic, security will no doubt be improved with police on high alert.

And incidents like this shows it's very much needed.
    Captaincy moved to Kane today, I really should have kept it on Wirtz.

Decided to go without Kane for gameweek 1, and I only have Verbruggen playing today. Gameweek 1 will be more like a preseason watch for me, trying to see which players I want to target getting.

I have realized i have made several mistakes with my team, i should have gone premium in midfield not with strikers.

My midfield isn't necessarily that premium either, but I got a lot of players to play still, so I can just wait and see how things turn out.

Missed the first half as I was out playing cageball. With the early lead I expected England to get a bigger score than this, but Serbia isn't an easy team to play.
    Everything going against Belgium here, minutes away from a huge upset.
    edited June 17 Posts: 24,776
    Just heard a maniac wielding an axe attacking fans in Berlin was shot dead by police, apparently there was also a bomb scare a few days ago.

With these huge tournaments this is always the fear, that something really bad might happen. We can only hope this was an isolated incident.

Yeah the state of the world is not great post pandemic, security will no doubt be improved with police on high alert.

And incidents like this shows it's very much needed.
    Captaincy moved to Kane today, I really should have kept it on Wirtz.

Decided to go without Kane for gameweek 1, and I only have Verbruggen playing today. Gameweek 1 will be more like a preseason watch for me, trying to see which players I want to target getting.

I have realized i have made several mistakes with my team, i should have gone premium in midfield not with strikers.

My midfield isn't necessarily that premium either, but I got a lot of players to play still, so I can just wait and see how things turn out.

Missed the first half as I was out playing cageball. With the early lead I expected England to get a bigger score than this, but Serbia isn't an easy team to play.

Lukaku scored twice both goals disallowed, my team selection has not worked out very well so far.

Edited: Belgium 0 - 1 Slovakia

if only we had that ball sensor when Maradona scored against England lol
    My players haven't done much either, and Lukaku and De Bruyne are two of them. Still haven't changed the armband from Wirtz. The way things are going I might just have to stick with his points rather than take any risks!
    edited June 18 Posts: 24,776
    My players haven't done much either, and Lukaku and De Bruyne are two of them. Still haven't changed the armband from Wirtz. The way things are going I might just have to stick with his points rather than take any risks!

France struggled to beat Austria and i felt were lucky with there goal, Mbappe broken nose could be an issue it my keep him out of games. Griezman also had a nasty cut on his head, it was quite a physical game at times.

Right now I want to change half my team lol

Edited: Report from the camp Mbappe may get surgery though they have not made a decision as yet, if he dose have an op he will need recovery time.

They could op for a mask though it will be how much of a risk it will be.
    Premier League 2024/25 fixtures, dates, schedule: Manchester United host Fulham on opening weekend - live on Sky Sports
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/13144002/premier-league-2024-25-fixtures-dates-schedule-manchester-united-host-fulham-on-opening-weekend-live-on-sky-sports

The opening weekend games

Here's the first round of fixtures for the 2024/25 Premier League season:

Friday August 16

Manchester United vs Fulham - live on Sky Sports, kick-off 8pm

Saturday August 17

Ipswich Town vs Liverpool - Kick-off 12.30pm
    Arsenal vs Wolves - Kick-off 3pm
    Everton vs Brighton - Kick-off 3pm
    Newcastle United vs Southampton - Kick-off 3pm
    Nottingham Forest vs Bournemouth - Kick-off 3pm
    West Ham United vs Aston Villa - Kick-off 5.30pm

Sunday August 18

Brentford vs Crystal Palace - live on Sky Sports, kick-off 2pm
    Chelsea vs Manchester City - live on Sky Sports, kick-off 4.30pm

Monday August 19

Leicester City vs Tottenham Hotspur - live on Sky Sports, kick-off 8pm

The final weekend games

Sunday May 25

Bournemouth vs Leicester City
    Fulham vs Manchester City
    Ipswich Town vs West Ham United
    Liverpool vs Crystal Palace
    Manchester United vs Aston Villa
    Newcastle United vs Everton
    Nottingham Forest vs Chelsea
    Southampton vs Arsenal
    Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton
    Wolves vs Brentford

Arsenal are away to Villa, Spurs and City in there first 5 games, that's tough. A few fixtures later Arsenal are facing Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle in succession.

Arsenal are going to have to be on top of there game early on.

France struggled to beat Austria and i felt were lucky with there goal, Mbappe broken nose could be an issue it my keep him out of games. Griezman also had a nasty cut on his head, it was quite a physical game at times.

Edited: Report from the camp Mbappe may get surgery though they have not made a decision as yet, if he dose have an op he will need recovery time.

A situation to consider when making transfers for gameweek 2, no doubt. If Mbappe is out, then there's a lot of money tied up to one player which might be used elsewhere.
    Premier League 2024/25 fixtures, dates, schedule: Manchester United host Fulham on opening weekend - live on Sky Sports
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/13144002/premier-league-2024-25-fixtures-dates-schedule-manchester-united-host-fulham-on-opening-weekend-live-on-sky-sports

Friday August 16

Saturday August 17

Sunday August 18

Monday August 19

The final weekend games

Sunday May 25

Southampton vs Arsenal
    Wolves vs Brentford

Arsenal are away to Villa, Spurs and City in there first 5 games, that's tough. A few fixtures later Arsenal are facing Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle in succession.

I feared a tough start for Arsenal. They might be out of the title race after five games!

A situation to consider when making transfers for gameweek 2, no doubt. If Mbappe is out, then there's a lot of money tied up to one player which might be used elsewhere.

Friday August 16

Saturday August 17

Sunday August 18

Monday August 19

The final weekend games

Sunday May 25

Southampton vs Arsenal
    Wolves vs Brentford

I feared a tough start for Arsenal. They might be out of the title race after five games!

One outlet was saying Liverpool and slot have a tough start which i thought was ridiculous, Arsenal really have the toughest.

As a United and Ronny fan going to savor what could be his swan song, such a legend.

Bruno is now my Captain.
    Its amazes me Pepe is still playing for Portugal.

Portugal dominant thought the Czech's defending well.
    This game has 0 - 0 written allover it.
    Totally against the run of play Czech's score a fantastic goal.
    1 - 1 own goal.
    Czech keeper had a few blunders, seems reluctant to catch the ball.

Friday August 16

Saturday August 17

Sunday August 18

Monday August 19

The final weekend games

Sunday May 25

Southampton vs Arsenal
    Wolves vs Brentford

One outlet was saying Liverpool and slot have a tough start which i thought was ridiculous, Arsenal really have the toughest.

As a United and Ronny fan going to savor what could be his swan song, such a legend.

Bruno is now my Captain.
    Its amazes me Pepe is still playing for Portugal.

Portugal dominant thought the Czech's defending well.

Just read through the list of Liverpool's opening fixtures. If Arsenal had that list of fixtures, and you asked any gooner, they'd no doubt be very happy about it. If anything it's a good run of fixtures for Arne Slot and Liverpool.

Stuck with Wirtz as my captain. I did consider switching to Ronaldo or Bruno, but didn't want to gamble on those points.

I might be wrong, but Pepe must be one of the oldest players to play a Euro tournament?
    2 - 1 Ronny hits post with a header, Jota headers rebound... offside...
    English media love Liverpool
    If this ends a draw a good result for both teams as they should beat the other sides.
    Neto sets up the winner for Portugal in the 92nd minutes, two super subs. Conceicao with goal.
    Omg great opportunity for Czech's..
  • edited June 18 Posts: 17,660
    This game was closer than I expected!

Since the gameweek deadlines happen while I'm still at work, I took the chance to make my transfers already. De Cuyper and Mbappé to Guehi and Kane. I'm sure anything will be done to have Mbappé ready for the next game, but Kane gives me a good captaincy option for gameweek 2. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Denmark gets a goal. But De Cuyper didn't play, and had to be replaced for a 4.5 defender, and Guehi is a good replacement.
    This game was closer than I expected!

Since the gameweek deadlines happen while I'm still at work, I took the chance to make my transfers already. De Cuyper and Mbappé to Guehi and Kane. I'm sure anything will be done to have Mbappé ready for the next game, but Kane gives me a good captaincy option for gameweek 2. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Denmark gets a goal. But De Cuyper didn't play, and had to be replaced for a 4.5 defender, and Guehi is a good replacement.

Just made my transfers almost forgot, I have held on to a none starter from Belgium so I could make 2 other transfers. I should have kept my captaincy on Wirtz as all my other captains failed, though as Captain Kirk says 'Risk is part of the game'. lol
    Looks like Wirtz didn't follow up his performance today. Didn't have the chance to watch the first two games today. I have Scotland-Switzerland on while doing other chores.
    Didn't have time to change the armband today. Can only hope Kane is quiet!
    edited June 20 Posts: 24,776
    I opted for Kane, i only watched the highlights from yesterdays games needed a breather. Serbia in trouble 1 - 0 with 8 minutes to go.
    edited June 20 Posts: 24,776
    Wow Serbia equalize in the 95th minute of the game, 5 minutes of injury time were allocated.

Last kick of the game, a draw good result for England.