The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Haaland 15 million I think I will pass, way too high looking back at last season.

Salah at 12.5 million I think he is in decline, I may be looking at other assets next season and go without these for the whole season.
    Haaland will take up a lot of the budget if he's in your gameweek 1 team.

I noticed FF Scout thumbnail on YouTube, will watch there video shortly. I need to sort out my account as forgot password as I had issues trying to change it.

A lot of the regular Youtube channels and content creators were quick to release new video content once the first price reveals came. I have only seen one video so far, but with so much yet to be revealed, it only had limited value.

I look forward to making some drafts eventually. Before last season, there were several players that remained in all my drafts.
    Subs definitely made England play better, IMO. There should be questions if Kane should start the final, should this result stand…

I would start Kane as he is a threat though after 60 plus minutes we have back up.

I did not want to sound arrogant though after the first half I thought we should be destroying this dutch side, though high pressure football is never that easy.

The Dutch caused us a few problems in the second half.

It will be interesting to see how this England team looks against Spain. There are quality players in this Dutch team, but I feel the Spanish squad is a notch better.

I expect Spain to win so I wont be too disappointed lol

I think there are two very good teams in the final, and I think it's all very open.
    Haaland 15 million I think I will pass, way too high looking back at last season.

Salah at 12.5 million I think he is in decline, I may be looking at other assets next season and go without these for the whole season.

I'm in two minds with Haaland. If we see some decent cheap (and starting!) options, it might be possible to end up with a draft including Haaland. But there's no denying there's a good case going without him. Then again, Haaland has had a longer rest, not playing in the Euro's…

I think what's important if going without the heavy hitters like Haaland and Salah, is that you have a route to get them, should it backfire. My first gut feeling is that I am likely to have one of them in my gameweek 1 team. Both might be too difficult.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I'm in two minds with Haaland. If we see some decent cheap (and starting!) options, it might be possible to end up with a draft including Haaland. But there's no denying there's a good case going without him. Then again, Haaland has had a longer rest, not playing in the Euro's…

I think what's important if going without the heavy hitters like Haaland and Salah, is that you have a route to get them, should it backfire. My first gut feeling is that I am likely to have one of them in my gameweek 1 team. Both might be too difficult.

The other prices no real surprises so far, though Solanke and Jackson still only 7.5 which is interesting.

The other prices no real surprises so far, though Solanke and Jackson still only 7.5 which is interesting.

Yes, many of the prices so far has been like expected. Without remembering the fixtures they have at the start of the season, I expect Solanke, Jackson, and a few other strikers to be popular options.
    Final 25 minutes away and I am falling asleep due to work this week, a whisky is required lol
    @Torgeirtrap still not settled on a captain, midfielder is best bet as always I think.
    One thing I have tried to do this tournament is ignore England build up to games and nonsense talk, i literally put the volume on when the anthems start.
    If England were playing Iniesta and Xavi's Spain I would be very doubtful, against this Spain team I think we have a chance with the quality we have... time to deliver.

England need to be brave to win this.
    @Torgeirtrap still not settled on a captain, midfielder is best bet as always I think.

I have no idea who to captain. I'll probably favour a midfielder too; at the moment the armband is on Nico Williams, but it could also be Bellingham, Saka or Foden by the deadline…
    One thing I have tried to do this tournament is ignore England build up to games and nonsense talk, i literally put the volume on when the anthems start.

The build up can often be a lot of nonsense talk. It was the same here when Norway still had a chance to qualify for the Euro's, but the team never lived up to the expectations by the commentators and the pundits.
    If England were playing Iniesta and Xavi's Spain I would be very doubtful, against this Spain team I think we have a chance with the quality we have... time to deliver.

It's a golden opportunity for this England team, looking at the quality of the squad, and the age of the squad too. We're seeing players in this England team that are in their prime years or on the way up.
    COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea who to captain. I'll probably favour a midfielder too; at the moment the armband is on Nico Williams, but it could also be Bellingham, Saka or Foden by the deadline…

The build up can often be a lot of nonsense talk. It was the same here when Norway still had a chance to qualify for the Euro's, but the team never lived up to the expectations by the commentators and the pundits.

It's a golden opportunity for this England team, looking at the quality of the squad, and the age of the squad too. We're seeing players in this England team that are in their prime years or on the way up.

The time is now for England this is one of our best ever sides player for player.

The build up in England is just anxiety inducing, I avoided that thankfully. lol
    This is it everything on the line, come on ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    England are a good possession team so need to impose themselves more.

The time is now for England this is one of our best ever sides player for player.

The build up in England is just anxiety inducing, I avoided that thankfully. lol

Didn't really spend much time listening to the build up here either. What was talked about was all the things you would have heard in the days leading up to the game.

It will be interesting to see how the two teams approach this first half. Expect that they will be quite careful, and that there won't be that many chances given away in either end of the pitch.
    Walker injured? Not good if needs to go off.
    Walker seems ok I think.
    England not got going though defending weell
    That attack from England totally exposed Spain.
    COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!
    This is a legit battle, the two best teams in the final is true.
    This game does feel like Real Madrid vs Barca
    Bellingham is world class.
    Kane needs to go off and get the team pushing higher with pace.
    edited July 14 Posts: 24,776
    0 - 0 at half time this is what happens when two world class teams collide.
    I have no predictions.
    If England lose I wont be upset, if we win I will scram from the rooftops.
    ENGLAND CAN WIN THS!!!!!!
    Rodri off....
    Rodri off…