The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    City's 115 charges
    Why Man City’s 115-charge FFP case could hit 2026 as Premier League giants fight against fines, relegation or any other punishment

Manchester City’s 115-charge Financial Fair Play (FFP) case could “drag on for another two seasons”, according to Everton’s former CEO Keith Wyness.

https://www.goal.com/en-au/lists/drag-on-another-two-seasons-why-man-city-115-charge-ffp-case-hit-2026-premier-league-giants-fight-fines-relegation-punishment/blt46295ed9e9aed8e8#csacc71b9fabca4eee
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    City's 115 charges
    Why Man City’s 115-charge FFP case could hit 2026 as Premier League giants fight against fines, relegation or any other punishment

Manchester City’s 115-charge Financial Fair Play (FFP) case could “drag on for another two seasons”, according to Everton’s former CEO Keith Wyness.

https://www.goal.com/en-au/lists/drag-on-another-two-seasons-why-man-city-115-charge-ffp-case-hit-2026-premier-league-giants-fight-fines-relegation-punishment/blt46295ed9e9aed8e8#csacc71b9fabca4eee

Pep may have moved on by the time this is sorted out.
    West Ham have completed the signing of Borussia Dortmund forward Niclas Fullkrug.
    The striker has signed a four-year contract and the fee is understood to be in the region of £27.5m.

Atletico agree £81m deal for Man City's Alvarez
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Spent a few hours on a draft which I am pretty sure will be close to my final team, its looking pretty strong.

There is one player that I did not have in my team at all last season if I remember correctly, not seeing this player in other drafts and he got some great points and he is affordable this season.

I have also managed to have a strong bench, if it backfires I will wildcard early.
    I almost forgot about Tony ban, I wonder if he is still receiving advice and guidance.

Thinking I am ready to do another draft after the weekends friendly, one player hS appeared on my radar I did not expect.

I am really struggling to get Haaland into my squad and I have quite a few bargain players already. Also Salah being 2.5 more than Saka is ridiculous.

I still got Salah and Haaland in my current draft, but I'm really not sure if Salah will make the final team.
    City's 115 charges

By 2026, the decision is probably moved indefinitely!
    West Ham have completed the signing of Borussia Dortmund forward Niclas Fullkrug.
    The striker has signed a four-year contract and the fee is understood to be in the region of £27.5m.

Alvarez and Sørloth? Atletico really mean business this summer.
    Spent a few hours on a draft which I am pretty sure will be close to my final team, its looking pretty strong.

There is one player that I did not have in my team at all last season if I remember correctly, not seeing this player in other drafts and he got some great points and he is affordable this season.

I have also managed to have a strong bench, if it backfires I will wildcard early.

Having a look at the the drafts people post online, there's much less of a template this season. There are a few surprise picks in some teams too, so we might se a bit of variance in team selections for gameweek 1.

My bench is quite cheap, but I might upgrade should I replace Salah in my next draft.
    edited August 8 Posts: 2,451
    I almost forgot about Tony ban, I wonder if he is still receiving advice and guidance.

Thinking I am ready to do another draft after the weekends friendly, one player hS appeared on my radar I did not expect.

I am really struggling to get Haaland into my squad and I have quite a few bargain players already. Also Salah being 2.5 more than Saka is ridiculous.

I still got Salah and Haaland in my current draft, but I'm really not sure if Salah will make the final team.
    City's 115 charges

By 2026, the decision is probably moved indefinitely!

Alvarez and Sørloth? Atletico really mean business this summer.

And,
    Conor Gallagher touched down in Madrid overnight as he prepares to finalise his move to Atletico Madrid.

Chelsea’s £34.5m deal for Atletico striker Samu Omorodion is also fully agreed but he remains with the Spain team at the Paris Olympics.
    edited August 9 Posts: 2,451
    Pedro Neto: Chelsea agree £54m deal with Wolves to sign Portuguese winger also wanted by Tottenham
    Tottenham have agreed a £65m deal with Bournemouth for striker Dominic Solanke.
    All great deals for Chelsea and Spurs, I think. The rest of the transfer window will be very interesting now that the new season is about to start!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I have no idea who even plays for Chelsea anymore.

Or how many players they got!
    edited August 12 Posts: 2,451

I heard they had at least 45 but could be as high as 49 ?

Smith Rowe has scored a couple of goals already, might be worth a go for the fpl ?

Fabio Carvalho transfer: Liverpool agree £27.5m deal with Brentford to sell attacking midfielder

Mikel Arteta hired pickpockets to steal from Arsenal players?
    Man Utd have agreed £42.9m Matthijs de Ligt transfer and £17.2m deal for Noussair Mazraoui; Bayern Munich players competed medicals on Monday, with Aaron Wan-Bissaka set to join West Ham

I heard they had at least 45 but could be as high as 49 ?

Smith Rowe has scored a couple of goals already, might be worth a go for the fpl ?

Fabio Carvalho transfer: Liverpool agree £27.5m deal with Brentford to sell attacking midfielder

Mikel Arteta hired pickpockets to steal from Arsenal players?

If not more! :))

Smith Rowe is one of several players I'm looking at in that price bracket. All depends on how much of the budget goes to the big hitters. Right now it's between SR, Eze and Gordon. Ideally I'd want two of them, but that's unlikely the way my team look now.

It will be interesting to see Fabio Carvalho at Brentford, One to watch.

Arteta has really gone next level in management now. I love it! :))
    Man Utd have agreed £42.9m Matthijs de Ligt transfer and £17.2m deal for Noussair Mazraoui; Bayern Munich players competed medicals on Monday, with Aaron Wan-Bissaka set to join West Ham

Haven't seen anything of United this preseason. I wonder what shape they're in.
  • edited August 14 Posts: 17,660
    Very happy to see 13 players have their teams set up, and playing our league! If you haven't activated your team yet, you'll automatically be included in the league once you have registered your team. If you haven't played FPL, or played FPL without being part of our league, you ca join by following this link – or use the code: cnzr88

Don't forget that we have a Friday night game between Manchester United and Fulham to kick off the new season, so remember to have your teams ready by 18:30 UK time!
    Very happy to see 13 players have their teams set up, and playing our league! If you haven't activated your team yet, you'll automatically be included in the league once you have registered your team. If you haven't played FPL, or played FPL without being part of our league, you ca join by following this link – or use the code: cnzr88

Don't forget that we have a Friday night game between Manchester United and Fulham to kick off the new season, so remember to have your teams ready by 18:30 UK time!

Manchester City winger Oscar Bobb has fractured a bone in his leg during training on Wednesday, Sky Sports News understands.

Manchester City’s 115 charges: Hearing date & possible outcomes

How is your fpl team shaping up ? Is Erling in ?
    I haven't got him in atm.

Manchester City winger Oscar Bobb has fractured a bone in his leg during training on Wednesday, Sky Sports News understands.

Such bad luck for Bobb, who's looked good in preseason apparently.

It wouldn't surprise me if the whole 115 charges case draws out much further than what they outline in the start of the video above… But I'm no expert on this, obviously! :))

I'm still trying to sort out a few important pieces that affects the overall team structure. I'm also not sure about the goalkeeper spots. As of now, I have Haaland in my team; I haven't really tried to make many drafts without him, so I'm not sure if I want to tear up my team to see how a Haaland-less draft looks like this close to gameweek 1.

How's your team looking like, @007InAction? Any big decisions yet to be decided?
    edited August 16 Posts: 2,451

It wouldn't surprise me if the whole 115 charges case draws out much further than what they outline in the start of the video above… But I'm no expert on this, obviously! :))

I'm still trying to sort out a few important pieces that affects the overall team structure. I'm also not sure about the goalkeeper spots. As of now, I have Haaland in my team; I haven't really tried to make many drafts without him, so I'm not sure if I want to tear up my team to see how a Haaland-less draft looks like this close to gameweek 1.

How's your team looking like, @007InAction? Any big decisions yet to be decided?

Yeah Bobb was good.

The EPL usually win cases when it comes to charges, Everton etc..

Yeah leaving Erling out is a big decision and a few more players including goalkeepers too to be decided yet.

Have you managed to put Salah in as well ?
    edited August 16 Posts: 24,776
    Unfortunate for Bobb and myself lol his injury has forced me to change quite a few players in my team, Bobb was going to be a key player in how I set up because of his great value price tag..

Saying that i have changed my drafts a lot. :))

I have to remind myself i can't have every player.

Yeah Bobb was good.

The EPL usually win cases when it comes to charges, Everton etc..

Yeah leaving Erling out is a big decision and a few more players including goalkeepers too to be decided yet.

Have you managed to put Salah in as well ?

EPL do win cases, but I think the powerhouse that is City, and the lawyers they got, might find see them cleared…

No Salah for me, by the looks of it. I decided to just have one of Haaland and Salah, and spread the funds. I have an easy way to get Salah if needed though.
    Unfortunate for Bobb and myself lol his injury has forced me to change quite a few players in my team, Bobb was going to be a key player in how I set up because of his great value price tag..

Saying that i have changed my drafts a lot. :))

I have to remind myself i can't have every player.

I see more than a few managers had to make new drafts after Bobb's injury news. There are players in his price bracket though, fortunately.
  • edited August 16 Posts: 17,660
    Made no changes to my team today. Had several potential changes lined up, but couldn't bring myself to make any of them. How are your teams looking?

Henderson
    TAA – Hall – Quansah
    Nkunku – Diogo Jota – Saka – Gordon
    Solanke – Haaland – Isak (C)
    (Bentley – Rogers – Barco – Johnson)
    I went bold and went without Haaland and Salah...
    mNCy691.png
    Bruno as a false 9 I may regret not captaining him.

It just occurred to me, if Guéhi signs for Newcastle i will have 4 Newcastle players, will the internet crash lol
    That's a strong Haaland- and Salah-less team, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! The thought of doing the same crossed my mind, but I decided to try and make a balanced team with one of the two.

To include Bruno or not, was the big question for me leading up to the deadline. I would have to make three changes to include him; it will be interesting to see if the player combo I ended up with scores more or less than the player combo I would have ended up with in a team including Bruno.
    That's a strong Haaland- and Salah-less team, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! The thought of doing the same crossed my mind, but I decided to try and make a balanced team with one of the two,

My thinking is if it backfire i always hit my wildcard around GW4, I am not convinced Salah is at the level he used to be. I would have gone for Saka if it were not for the Euro's.

I slept on Havertz last season and he would have been a great asset, at his price now I think he will deliver, long term could be an issue if Arsenal bring in a CF.

Very happy Amad is starting he is class, best player in pre season.

Watching the build up, cant wait for the new season, we have made good signings though i am realistic it will take time for them to integrate. We still need to get a player like Ugarte over the line.
    Here are the gameweek 1 captaincy picks!
    Isak: 4
    Salah: 3
    Fernandes: 2
    Ødegaard: 2
    Gordon: 1
    Diogo Jota: 1
    Solanke: 1
    Haaland: 1

In a gameweek where we have several good captaincy options, it's no surprise to see managers backing several strong candidates. Isak and Salah are the most popular captains in our league this week. Good luck everyone!
    That's a strong Haaland- and Salah-less team, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! The thought of doing the same crossed my mind, but I decided to try and make a balanced team with one of the two,

My thinking is if it backfire i always hit my wildcard around GW4, I am not convinced Salah is at the level he used to be. I would have gone for Saka if it were not for the Euro's.

I slept on Havertz last season and he would have been a great asset, at his price now I think he will deliver, long term could be an issue if Arsenal bring in a CF.

Watching the build up, cant wait for the new season, we have made good signings though i am realistic it will take time for them to integrate. We still need to get a player like Ugarte over the line.

I expect to hit my wildcard fairly early too. I have several players in my team I doubt will be good long term options. Saka coming back to first team training late due to the Euros was also a worry in my view, but I hope he will be fit enough – plus that he covers a price bracket around Salah's price.

Havertz was on my mind too, but the striker spot is still very much a question mark at Arsenal. The first few games will be telling what Arteta is planning for this season. I very much doubt Arsenal will bring in another forward in this transfer window. I think Mikel Merino will be the only other transfer in.

I won't be watching the game tonight unfortunately, but it will be interesting to see how both United and Fulham look like at the start of the season. Fulham have some decent games coming up too.
    Even though Rashford is not in my team i hope he hits the ground running, his bad form can't continue.

I expect to hit my wildcard fairly early too. I have several players in my team I doubt will be good long term options. Saka coming back to first team training late due to the Euros was also a worry in my view, but I hope he will be fit enough – plus that he covers a price bracket around Salah's price.

Havertz was on my mind too, but the striker spot is still very much a question mark at Arsenal. The first few games will be telling what Arteta is planning for this season. I very much doubt Arsenal will bring in another forward in this transfer window. I think Mikel Merino will be the only other transfer in.

I won't be watching the game tonight unfortunately, but it will be interesting to see how both United and Fulham look like at the start of the season. Fulham have some decent games coming up too.

I got a deal on SKY sports though they have got wise you have to commit to a fixed term contract. I used to unsubscribe when United were either poor or had not televised games.
    Not a good start from United, getting over run at times.

Bruno needs to drop deeper and get a front man on.

Fulham look a far more powerful side than United, a concern.

United much better in last 15 minutes.

We had several chances though uninspiring, it was like watching Man city I was that bored.

Zirkzee needs come on in the second half we need a target man.

Garnacho off the bench will get the winner...