The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 16 Posts: 24,776
    Zirkzeee scores omg

I was worried lol we looked bad in second half.

What a miss ;lol end of game thankfully.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Zirkzeee was class reminded me of Beratov.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Nice finish by Zirkzee.
    Garnacho's miss cost me some more points....... :)]
    edited August 17 Posts: 24,776
    Nice finish by Zirkzee.
    Garnacho's miss cost me some more points....... :)]

United had some good chances in that game, at this stage stumbling to points is a must until form kicks in.

---

My hopes for the season for Man United... I just want us to be competitive, we need to get Ugarte in and if we could get Toney that would give us a chance of top 4.

The signs are good going forward as we are building a good side in terms of youth development.

Top 3 will be Arsenal, Liverpool and City, City look the weakest they have in some time unless they bring in players.

Liverpool have an extremely good squad and cant be underestimated.

Arsenal should win the league now is the time after two near misses.

Football is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <:-P
    Even though Rashford is not in my team i hope he hits the ground running, his bad form can't continue.

It might be a very important season for Rashford, especially if he wants to be part of this United team.
    That's a strong Haaland- and Salah-less team, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! The thought of doing the same crossed my mind, but I decided to try and make a balanced team with one of the two,

My thinking is if it backfire i always hit my wildcard around GW4, I am not convinced Salah is at the level he used to be. I would have gone for Saka if it were not for the Euro's.

I slept on Havertz last season and he would have been a great asset, at his price now I think he will deliver, long term could be an issue if Arsenal bring in a CF.

Very happy Amad is starting he is class, best player in pre season.

Watching the build up, cant wait for the new season, we have made good signings though i am realistic it will take time for them to integrate. We still need to get a player like Ugarte over the line.

I expect to hit my wildcard fairly early too. I have several players in my team I doubt will be good long term options. Saka coming back to first team training late due to the Euros was also a worry in my view, but I hope he will be fit enough – plus that he covers a price bracket around Salah's price.

Havertz was on my mind too, but the striker spot is still very much a question mark at Arsenal. The first few games will be telling what Arteta is planning for this season. I very much doubt Arsenal will bring in another forward in this transfer window. I think Mikel Merino will be the only other transfer in.

I won't be watching the game tonight unfortunately, but it will be interesting to see how both United and Fulham look like at the start of the season. Fulham have some decent games coming up too.

I got a deal on SKY sports though they have got wise you have to commit to a fixed term contract. I used to unsubscribe when United were either poor or had not televised games.

The subscription services are getting more like this over here too. I have a subscription plan which includes a few streaming services, Premier League, Eliteserien (the Norwegian league), and some TV channels. That "package" is no longer available, but it will be available to me, unless I make changes to my subscription plan. If I do, I will have to sign up for a subscription plan which makes all these options separate, and more expensive.
    The streaming package I got is a bit excessive, as I don't watch many of the TV channels, for example, but it's the only option to have it all when it comes to football.
    Not a good start from United, getting over run at times.

Bruno needs to drop deeper and get a front man on.

Fulham look a far more powerful side than United, a concern.

United much better in last 15 minutes.

We had several chances though uninspiring, it was like watching Man city I was that bored.

Zirkzee needs come on in the second half we need a target man.

Garnacho off the bench will get the winner...

Missed the game, but saw that United got a late winner. Doubt ten Hag will be happy about that, but taking all three points in a game is what matters.
    Even though Rashford is not in my team i hope he hits the ground running, his bad form can't continue.

It might be a very important season for Rashford, especially if he wants to be part of this United team.
    That's a strong Haaland- and Salah-less team, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! The thought of doing the same crossed my mind, but I decided to try and make a balanced team with one of the two,

My thinking is if it backfire i always hit my wildcard around GW4, I am not convinced Salah is at the level he used to be. I would have gone for Saka if it were not for the Euro's.

I slept on Havertz last season and he would have been a great asset, at his price now I think he will deliver, long term could be an issue if Arsenal bring in a CF.

Watching the build up, cant wait for the new season, we have made good signings though i am realistic it will take time for them to integrate. We still need to get a player like Ugarte over the line.

I expect to hit my wildcard fairly early too. I have several players in my team I doubt will be good long term options. Saka coming back to first team training late due to the Euros was also a worry in my view, but I hope he will be fit enough – plus that he covers a price bracket around Salah's price.

Havertz was on my mind too, but the striker spot is still very much a question mark at Arsenal. The first few games will be telling what Arteta is planning for this season. I very much doubt Arsenal will bring in another forward in this transfer window. I think Mikel Merino will be the only other transfer in.

I won't be watching the game tonight unfortunately, but it will be interesting to see how both United and Fulham look like at the start of the season. Fulham have some decent games coming up too.

I got a deal on SKY sports though they have got wise you have to commit to a fixed term contract. I used to unsubscribe when United were either poor or had not televised games.

The subscription services are getting more like this over here too. I have a subscription plan which includes a few streaming services, Premier League, Eliteserien (the Norwegian league), and some TV channels. That "package" is no longer available, but it will be available to me, unless I make changes to my subscription plan. If I do, I will have to sign up for a subscription plan which makes all these options separate, and more expensive.
    The streaming package I got is a bit excessive, as I don't watch many of the TV channels, for example, but it's the only option to have it all when it comes to football.

We had several chances though uninspiring, it was like watching Man city I was that bored.

Missed the game, but saw that United got a late winner. Doubt ten Hag will be happy about that, but taking all three points in a game is what matters.

It was a lovely goal by Zirkzee a deft tough, i would like us to get tony also as we have been too short in that area for too many seasonss and Rashford should never p;lay as a number 9 he just can't do the job, TH playing Bruno as a false 9 seems to show he knows Rashford can't do it.

First few games with lack of fitness a win of any kind is a bonus, United did show flashes of potential and looked far more solid as a unit, last year teams were getting 20 plus shots on our goal.

Licha: “I Sent Him To The Gym!” 🏋️‍♂️😅

Quansah subbed at half time gr...
    edited August 17 Posts: 2,451
    Quansah subbed at half time gr...

Unlucky there.
    Another great start for Salah.

It was a lovely goal by Zirkzee a deft tough, i would like us to get tony also as we have been too short in that area for too many seasonss and Rashford should never p;lay as a number 9 he just can't do the job, TH playing Bruno as a false 9 seems to show he knows Rashford can't do it.

First few games with lack of fitness a win of any kind is a bonus, United did show flashes of potential and looked far more solid as a unit, last year teams were getting 20 plus shots on our goal.

If Bruno continues as a no. 9, he will be hard to look past in FPL… I definitely understand why TH chose to play him up front though.

Like you pointed out with United, Arsenal too looked like a team in lack of fitness. Decent first half, but Wolves had the ball a lot in the second half. Arsenal never quite looked comfortable enough, despite winning 2-0 in the end.

Also, no card (of any colour!) given for this. Refereeing standards have not gotten better over the summer…

If Bruno continues as a no. 9, he will be hard to look past in FPL… I definitely understand why TH chose to play him up front though.

Like you pointed out with United, Arsenal too looked like a team in lack of fitness. Decent first half, but Wolves had the ball a lot in the second half. Arsenal never quite looked comfortable enough, despite winning 2-0 in the end.

Also, no card (of any colour!) given for this. Refereeing standards have not gotten better over the summer…

Is that hand on throat?

I have already made a transfer lol got rid of Quansah lol
    Yes, he held Havertz down to the ground with his hand around his throat. Didn't even get a yellow card. He also did stuff like this, which isn't a booking, but just so unnecessary. Jesus obviously got booked for the light push afterwards…

Yes, he held Havertz down to the ground with his hand around his throat. Didn't even get a yellow card. He also did stuff like this, which isn't a booking, but just so unnecessary. Jesus obviously got booked for the light push afterwards…

Instant red card, the FA should investigate and I would be shocked if he did not get a retrospective Red.

No real surprises results wise today, I did have Pickford until i saw the amount of players Everton are missing and thought they would struggle.

Early goal for villa, really poor defending from west Ham Onana scores on his debut. I was curious to see how West Ham would do with all there new signings.
  • edited August 17 Posts: 17,660

Instant red card, the FA should investigate and I would be shocked if he did not get a retrospective Red.

No real surprises results wise today, I did have Pickford until i saw the amount of players Everton are missing and thought they would struggle.

Early goal for villa, really poor defending from west Ham Onana scores on his debut. I was curious to see how West Ham would do with all there new signings.

The should, but how often do we see the FA do the right thing…?

Indeed, results are pretty much as you'd expect. Newcastle winning and keeping a clean sheet despite Fabian Schär's red card, is impressive though.

Füllkrug and Wan-Bissaka both on the bench. Will be interesting to see if they get any minutes with what's left of the game.

Indeed, results are pretty much as you'd expect. Newcastle winning and keeping a clean sheet despite Fabian Schär's red card, is impressive though.

Füllkrug and Wan-Bissaka both on the bench. Will be interesting to see if they get any minutes with what's left of the game.

Two good addtions fullkrug is on my watchlist.

According to reports Man United are still trying to sign Branthwait, if true we really are having quite the overhaul. I want to see us sell Sancho, Maguire, Lindelof and Mctominay.

According to reports Man United are still trying to sign Branthwait, if true we really are having quite the overhaul. I want to see us sell Sancho, Maguire, Lindelof and Mctominay.

He will be interesting to watch in the coming weeks, for sure. He's a good striker.

Branthwaite as in Jarrad Branthwaite?
    edited August 18 Posts: 24,776
    Toney not in the Brentford squad, Frank says its because of transfer speculation... Man United bound??? or Arsenal or Chelsea or City??? or Saudi?

He will be interesting to watch in the coming weeks, for sure. He's a good striker.

Branthwaite as in Jarrad Branthwaite?

Yeah he did not play yesterday though apparently he had an operation.

---

Good win for Brentford, EZE was unlucky his wonder goal should have stood IMO.

Not sure what to expect from Chelsea, no sterling his representative says sterling wants clarity on his future?

Foden, walker and stones all on the bench for city, i think Chelsea have an opportunity to get something here.
  • The minute I saw the Mosquera choke I knew wasn't going to be given. PGMOL have gone to the exact opposite of what everybody wanted and basically made it so that "a mistake has clearly been made" to lower the intervention rate in the league with already an incredibly low rate.

Trying to avoid "re-refereeing," but if the referees won't even given a yellow for that sort of thing then a re-refereeing is sorely needed
    edited August 19 Posts: 2,451
    Need some Solanke points tomorrow.
    Anyone else got any players left this gw ?

Eberechi Eze's has claimed referee Sam Barrott admitted he blew too early to disallow the forward's first-half 'opener' in Brentford's win over Crystal Palace.
    Nice goal too.

Raheem Sterling's Chelsea statement
    edited August 20 Posts: 2,451
    Chelsea have agreed a deal worth up to £46.3m with Atletico Madrid to sign Joao Felix, which means Conor Gallagher's transfer to the Spanish club is back on.

Brighton have completed the £40m signing of forward Georginio Rutter from Leeds United.
    Never heard about this player before now ?
    Strange signing for Chelsea they have about 57 wingers already, Felix can't play as a number 9 Chelsea should know that already... unless Chelsea are going to buy another striker as well.
    edited August 20 Posts: 2,451
    Most Chelsea signings are strange these days.
    In the FPL Chelsea squad they have 6 goalkeepers.
    Liverpool and Montpellier are the only clubs across Europe's top five leagues yet to make a signing this summer.

In total, 98 per cent of clubs have signed at least one player.

At the other end of the scale, only Serie A side Como (15) have recruited more players than Southampton (14).
    It will be interesting to see how Como does in the Serie A. They've made some interesting signings.
    A bit late with the gameweek 1 update. A busy week for me, so I wasn't able to sit down with this until now.

We're finally back with a new season! Gameweek 1 had many great fixtures, and personally, I found it very difficult to decide on a gameweek 1 team; there were so many great options, but you could only have so many of them. A gameweek average of 57 points was quite high, but with popular captaincy picks like Haaland and Salah delivering, that wasn't that surprising. Five teams in our league managed to beat the gameweek average score, but none more so than our gameweek winner Liverpool Richmond, who's off to a great start with 79 points. Congratulations! =D>

jDYjiUY.jpg
    Gameweek winners
    GW 1: Liverpool Richmond

The gameweek 2 deadline is this Saturday, at 11:00 UK time. Make sure to have your teams ready by then!
    Arsenal have agreed a deal in principle with Real Sociedad to sign midfielder Mikel Merino.

The fee is in the region of €38.5m (£32.67m), made up of an initial fee is €33.5m (£28.43m) and a further €5m (£4.24m) in performance related add-ons.
    This transfer has taken quite a while. It will be interesting to see Merino at Arsenal. Arsenal do need more options in midfield.
    Merino looks a good player.

Ilkay Gundogan back to Manchester City

Dominic Solanke Ankle injury - Expected back 01 Sep

Erling could be triple captained this gw by some ?
    Here are the gameweek 2 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 8
    Salah: 2
    Palmer: 2
    Ødegaard: 1
    Isak: 1
    B. Fernandes: 1

It's no surprise to see Haaland the standout captaincy option this week, backed by eight managers. Salah and Palmer are the only other players backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!
    Merino looks a good player.

Ilkay Gundogan back to Manchester City

Dominic Solanke Ankle injury - Expected back 01 Sep

Erling could be triple captained this gw by some ?

Funny that Gündoğan is the player that City misses the most, and becomes the solution by returning to City.

Just one manager in our league Triple Captained Haaland – but I expect many managers have played the chip, captaining him!
    I got cold feet not having Haaland so hit my Wildcard, Amad delivered for me though TH made some bizarre decisions in the game that cost us.