The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

Fell asleep on the couch (why today of all days!), so I had a very hectic time trying to find any news. I think Stones doesn't start – a player I have had in several drafts, but not my final one.

From being quite settled on my starting eleven, I started changing things up 15 minutes before the deadline. Really not sure I like my final team!

I totally changed my team late on, I could just not justify having Salah at his price lol I heard some late rumors regarding players though did not directly effect my team.

Salah didn't make my team either. Too much could be do with the funds without him.
    I brought a cheap Burnley defender to put on my Bench and he is not even in the squad, Wildcard will be hit early for me at this rate.

Didn't see that Beyer wasn't in the squad until you mentioned it. Could potentially become an issue, this (I own him too).

Edit: Beyer played! The live feed with the team lineups got it all wrong.

Starting to regret my late Foden pick. Isn't too involved…

Picking manc players besides Erling or Ederson is not worth it as usual as i was going to pick Stones but didn't in the end.

I wonder how many people picked Bayern bound Kane ?

The "Caicedo cup" coming soon :)) Chelsea v Liverpool.........

It was a short term pick anyway, as Foden will make way for whoever of the 6.5s stand out. Bit annoying he didn't get anything from a decent fixture though.
    England get an equalizer through a calamity that was really bad just before half time.

Not watching the England game because of Arsenal's early kickoff, but did catch the last half and penalty shootout between Australia and France. What a drama!

I missed the France game so don't know the result. to be honest only watched parts of random games no disrespect to women's football technically its a bit of a mess at times barring the odd standout player.

The "gap" in quality is the primary issue in women's football. There are great players – and then there's not so great players. In time, we will see women's football make leaps in quality, no doubt.
    Partey at CB, I see Gabrial is out I heard rumors he was injured. In the FPL community there were complaints from managers about FPL channel giving that news out though the channel was proved to be right.

Andy from Let's Talk FPL got a lot of criticism for the Gabriel rumour, and then it was all true in the end. Good for him, because if it didn't prove to be right, it could have hurt his views on his channel, as well as his reliability as an FPL expert.

Didn't catch his stream this time around, and from what I've heard, he was a bit cagey in the way he presented the late rumour. Don't know how true this is though, but if he was unclear in any way, you could understand how people might feel he should have acted clearer. I only saw a few late tweets naming "The Gabriel rumour on Andy's" stream, and just managed to bring in Saliba. I just didn't want to take any chances.
    I think one of the players in my squad was sold as he has no fixtures :)) I will likely hit my wildcard early so thinking just to work with 14 players until then rather than waste a transfer?

Wouldn't waste a transfer unless there's any chance of an early price drop – especially if it's just a bench player anyway.

Might act on Foden blanking and bring in whoever stands out in midfield this week, but not sure yet. Will have to wait until after the United-Wolves game.
    Fpl should replace the players who are late subs with players on the bench who play most of the game or more points.

Trossard for example only played 17 yet i had Solly March on the bench with 9 points.

I think that would be fairer for everyone ?

Interesting thought, and one that many would feel positive about – me included. On the other hand, the team selection is part of the game, and an aspect that makes the game a bit more interesting and unpredictable too.
    Harry Kane signs for Bayern Munich

Hahaha, this is one of his better ones! :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Fell asleep on the couch (why today of all days!), so I had a very hectic time trying to find any news. I think Stones doesn't start – a player I have had in several drafts, but not my final one.

From being quite settled on my starting eleven, I started changing things up 15 minutes before the deadline. Really not sure I like my final team!

I totally changed my team late on, I could just not justify having Salah at his price lol I heard some late rumors regarding players though did not directly effect my team.

Salah didn't make my team either. Too much could be do with the funds without him.
    I brought a cheap Burnley defender to put on my Bench and he is not even in the squad, Wildcard will be hit early for me at this rate.

Didn't see that Beyer wasn't in the squad until you mentioned it. Could potentially become an issue, this (I own him too).

Picking manc players besides Erling or Ederson is not worth it as usual as i was going to pick Stones but didn't in the end.

It was a short term pick anyway, as Foden will make way for whoever of the 6.5s stand out. Bit annoying he didn't get anything from a decent fixture though.
    England get an equalizer through a calamity that was really bad just before half time.

Not watching the England game because of Arsenal's early kickoff, but did catch the last half and penalty shootout between Australia and France. What a drama!

I missed the France game so don't know the result. to be honest only watched parts of random games no disrespect to women's football technically its a bit of a mess at times barring the odd standout player.

The "gap" in quality is the primary issue in women's football. There are great players – and then there's not so great players. In time, we will see women's football make leaps in quality, no doubt.
    Partey at CB, I see Gabrial is out I heard rumors he was injured. In the FPL community there were complaints from managers about FPL channel giving that news out though the channel was proved to be right.

Andy from Let's Talk FPL got a lot of criticism for the Gabriel rumour, and then it was all true in the end. Good for him, because if it didn't prove to be right, it could have hurt his views on his channel, as well as his reliability as an FPL expert.

Didn't catch his stream this time around, and from what I've heard, he was a bit cagey in the way he presented the late rumour. Don't know how true this is though, but if he was unclear in any way, you could understand how people might feel he should have acted clearer. I only saw a few late tweets naming "The Gabriel rumour on Andy's" stream, and just managed to bring in Saliba. I just didn't want to take any chances.
    I think one of the players in my squad was sold as he has no fixtures :)) I will likely hit my wildcard early so thinking just to work with 14 players until then rather than waste a transfer?

Wouldn't waste a transfer unless there's any chance of an early price drop – especially if it's just a bench player anyway.

Might act on Foden blanking and bring in whoever stands out in midfield this week, but not sure yet. Will have to wait until after the United-Wolves game.
    Fpl should replace the players who are late subs with players on the bench who play most of the game or more points.

Trossard for example only played 17 yet i had Solly March on the bench with 9 points.

Interesting thought, and one that many would feel positive about – me included. On the other hand, the team selection is part of the game, and an aspect that makes the game a bit more interesting and unpredictable too.

On one channel the argument still goes on, the reality is people have there own minds lol I ignore most of the advice I here and do my own thing which does not necessarily bring me success though the decisions are down to me. Problem i had last season is i did not do the eye test enough, planning to watch all the games today that are on Sky to see what level players are at. I really hope Salah does nothing lol
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Kane was a late sub in the super cup which Bayern lost 3 - 0 so Kane is still waiting for that elusive trophy :))
    Mbeumo up for me next.
    Brentford v Spurs delayed because of water lol
    No water going into the toilets, taps etc... so a sanitation issue. Match maybe cancelled even though they have kicked off now.
    Romero goal Maddison assist, looks offside...
    1 - 0 to Spurs.
    It was tight though a defenders legs kept Romero on. romero now possibly going off for a earlier head collision.
    Romero forced not to continue by medics, he was not happy.
    Possible penalty to Brentford, took an age to stop the game.
    Penalty...
    Sky has just crashed on me dam app, so missed the penalty though Mbeumo did not miss, get in.
    Brentford take the lead Wissa goal, not sure who got the assist.

Spurs leaving space at the back to exploit, they are playing much higher than last season.
    11 minutes injury time, what a joke.
    Dam 2 - 2 Royale scores for Spurs.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 24,803
    Spurs dominating most of the game still 2 - 2 Bissouma and Maddison both excellent.

You can get at Spurs as they push very high, we have them next Ten Hag will be looking to hit them with pace on the counter.
    Not sure what to make of Liverpool's' midfield, without the ball it could struggle. Chelsea's line up looks more balanced. I think Liverpool the way they are set up will have to out score the opposition, I can't see them keeping too many clean sheets until they get a top class CDM in, admittedly i know little about this Hungarian midfielder they have brought in so I maybe wrong.
    Very open game.
    Diaz goal Salah assist, great goal ripped Chelsea apart.
    Should be 2 - 0 Salah in acres of space, Chelsea's defense is dodgy.

Edited: now it is 2 - 0 Salah, Chelsea are a mess... Offside???

No goal thank god, Salah was in my team very close to the deadline. Salah could run riot here.

Chelsea need to change to a back 4 ASAP.
    Chelsea goal... Disasi scores who has had a shocker in defense.
    :)) 2 - 1 Chelsea Chillwell, love it!

Dam offside...
    TAA saved there as he was at fault for that and first goal.
    Very entertaining first half, i thought Liverpool were going to walk away with this then Chelsea stepped it up.

On one channel the argument still goes on, the reality is people have there own minds lol I ignore most of the advice I here and do my own thing which does not necessarily bring me success though the decisions are down to me. Problem i had last season is i did not do the eye test enough, planning to watch all the games today that are on Sky to see what level players are at. I really hope Salah does nothing lol

FPL experts and streams can be great inspiration, but at the end of the day you just have to trust your gut feeling about players. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it don't.

I see some tweets still arguing about the Gabriel rumour still, but most will be forgotten soon enough.

Kane was a late sub in the super cup which Bayern lost 3 - 0 so Kane is still waiting for that elusive trophy :))

He will probably get the first trophy by the end of the season, but it's funny he's got to wait a bit longer :))
    Got to be handball by Jackson...
    Won't be able to watch the entire match, but the first half and the opening of the second half has been really entertaining!

FPL experts and streams can be great inspiration, but at the end of the day you just have to trust your gut feeling about players. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it don't.

I see some tweets still arguing about the Gabriel rumour still, but most will be forgotten soon enough.

He will probably get the first trophy by the end of the season, but it's funny he's got to wait a bit longer :))

I think some just like to keep a argument going for the sake of it.

A few players have impressed me today and already thinking of multiple transfers lol