The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Rashford and Bruno are looking rusty though they could hit form at any time, Rashford made runs his close control just was not there.

I was expecting a pen though not complaining.

Someone pointed out a more or less identical situation with Lloris, which was awarded a pen…

Yeah i think Messii got a pen for a similar incident.

VAR certainly isn't handled perfectly…

The VAR refs forgetting to draw the line indicating a clear offside between Arsenal and Brentford last season is probably the most shocking handling of VAR I've ever seen, and there's been plenty of other imcidents – almost every weekend.
    Rashford and Bruno are looking rusty though they could hit form at any time, Rashford made runs his close control just was not there.

The game against Sp*rs could offer both of them plenty of chances, for sure. Opening game of the season isn't always a good indicator of form anyway, IMO.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Someone pointed out a more or less identical situation with Lloris, which was awarded a pen…

The VAR refs forgetting to draw the line indicating a clear offside between Arsenal and Brentford last season is probably the most shocking handling of VAR I've ever seen, and there's been plenty of other imcidents – almost every weekend.

The game against Sp*rs could offer both of them plenty of chances, for sure. Opening game of the season isn't always a good indicator of form anyway, IMO.

True early days you just have to grind out results best you can, I am concerned with Mount and Bruno in Midfield, It will only work if one of them sits deeper likely Bruno or if Bruno plays on the right wing.

True early days you just have to grind out results best you can, I am concerned with Mount and Bruno in Midfield, It will only work if one of them sits deeper likely Bruno or if Bruno plays on the right wing.

It will be interesting to see how that midfield "dynamic" develops with both Mount and Bruno in the starting eleven. Mount could be great playing for Chelsea, but he could also disappear in several games.
    It feels great that we've finally started the 2023/24 season, and gameweek 1 didn't fail to deliver! Many of us got off to a great start already on Friday, with 11 managers captaining Haaland – a decision that got them 26 points from the striker alone. Other popular picks, like Saka and Isak, delivered managers double digits as well, so an average score of 64 points for gameweek 1 was not surprisingly high. Finishing the gameweek with the highest score in gameweek 1 was Dinamo Skruknott, scoring 86 points.

aqwiERk.jpg

Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott

Remember the gameweek 2 deadline, which is another Friday deadline – this Friday at 8:15 UK time!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,454
    Arsenal have completed the signing of Brentford goalkeeper David Raya on an initial £3m loan deal with a £27m option to buy next summer.

Chelsea have agreed a £58m deal with Southampton for midfielder Romeo Lavia.

Chelsea are understood to have activated Crystal Palace forward Michael Olise's release clause.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited August 2023 Posts: 735
    In further news ...

Chelsea has announced the outright purchase of both Brighton and Crystal Palace football clubs, which will be permanently relegated to the lower divisions so that Chelsea will have someplace to send their previous week's unwanted player purchases.

Approval has already been granted by the FA and little opposition is expected from the PL and UEFA.

Additionally, reports from David Ornstein, The Guardian and the BBC all indicate that Newcastle United are also to adopt this model for future development and will soon be in discussion with the Glazer family to buy Manchester United. But, according to sources in Palm Beach, Fl., such an agreement is unlikely to be reached anytime soon.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 24,803
    Congratulations Dinamo Skruknott.

---

KDB out injured for up to 4 months, huge blow for City.

I am hearing the plan is for Greenwood to return to the squad, this has not been made official.

---

I am hearing the plan is for Greenwood to return to the squad, this has not been made official.

KDB assists will be be missed by Erling and the team. City domination could be ending this season ?

I think it will be a closer fight for the title this season for awile, hopefully.

Could be some problems if Greenwood comes back ?
    Utd fans' Old Trafford protest as angry supporters threaten to walk away if club reintegrate disgraced striker

Jurrien Timber: Arsenal defender sidelined for long-term period after sustaining ACL injury on Premier League debut

---

KDB assists will be be missed by Erling and the team. City domination could be ending this season ?

I think it will be a closer fight for the title this season for awile, hopefully.

Could be some problems if Greenwood comes back ?
    Utd fans' Old Trafford protest as angry supporters threaten to walk away if club reintegrate disgraced striker

Jurrien Timber: Arsenal defender sidelined for long-term period after sustaining ACL injury on Premier League debut

KDB being sidelined, losing Mahrez and Gundogen definitely weakens City considerably. Foden will have to step up and I would not be surprised if Pep brings in a big signing before the end of the window.

The start of the season must be he must vulnerable time for players when it comes to injuries whilst building fitness, Arsenal i think have good cover in defense?
    Arsenal have completed the signing of Brentford goalkeeper David Raya on an initial £3m loan deal with a £27m option to buy next summer.

Chelsea are understood to have activated Crystal Palace forward Michael Olise's release clause.

Chelsea keeping up their spending spree…

It will be interesting to see how Arteta sees the goalkeeping position now, with two great options in his squad. Arsenal played a behind closed doors friendly against Luton Town today, with Raya in goal.

Huge blow for City indeed, but I expect them to be just as dominant without him.

Jurriën Timber didn't play an entire game for Arsenal, and now he's out for 6-7 months. No major rumours as of yet if Arsenal will sign a replacement, but I won't be surprised if they will be forced to do so before the transfer window closes.

Really? Can't see how United will gain from bringing Greenwood back.

It will be interesting to see how Arteta sees the goalkeeping position now, with two great options in his squad. Arsenal played a behind closed doors friendly against Luton Town today, with Raya in goal.

Huge blow for City indeed, but I expect them to be just as dominant without him.

Jurriën Timber didn't play an entire game for Arsenal, and now he's out for 6-7 months. No major rumours as of yet if Arsenal will sign a replacement, but I won't be surprised if they will be forced to do so before the transfer window closes.

Nightmare for Timber not the best way to start his Arsenal career.

The fan base is split on Greenwood, apparently United have been doing there own internal investigation for several months.
    Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Japan midfielder Wataru Endo from Stuttgart, subject to a work permit and international clearance.

Chelsea have confirmed captain Reece James is set for spell on the sidelines after suffering an injury in training.

James cannot catch a break he will be a big loss to Chelsea. Wataru is he a defensive midfielder?
    Mauricio Pochettino laughs at Liverpool
  • edited August 2023 Posts: 17,660

Nightmare for Timber not the best way to start his Arsenal career.

The fan base is split on Greenwood, apparently United have been doing there own internal investigation for several months.

The more you hear about the internal investigation process and potential return of Greenwood, the worse it gets.

Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Japan midfielder Wataru Endo from Stuttgart, subject to a work permit and international clearance.

Chelsea have confirmed captain Reece James is set for spell on the sidelines after suffering an injury in training.

Looks like a good signing by Liverpool. As for the James injury, it's not surprising since he's been injury prone. With the amount of games players are required to play these days, we will no doubt see more injuries than before.

Hahaha!
    Mauricio Pochettino laughs at Liverpool

:))
    I thought the deadline was 6:30pm in other words I did not check so missed it lol I only had one decision to make choosing between 2 players as to which to start. I only made the one transfer and ended up ignoring the Liverpool fixture.
    Since I completely forgot to do so last weekend, here's our first captaincy list of the season!
    Haaland: 8
    Salah: 4
    Saka: 2
    Maddison: 1
    Martinelli: 1
    Luis Díaz: 1

We have six different captaincy picks this gameweek, with four teams represented in the list. Although five managers have looked to Liverpool's Salah and Luis Díaz with the captaincy, and their favourable fixture against Bournemouth, Haaland is the most captained player in our league – backed by eight managers. Good luck everyone!
    I thought the deadline was 6:30pm in other words I did not check so missed it lol I only had one decision to make choosing between 2 players as to which to start. I only made the one transfer and ended up ignoring the Liverpool fixture.

As many fantasy experts have pointed out, there is no need to make multiple transfers if the squad looks good for this gameweek and beyond. I considered transferring out Foden, but decided that having two free transfers next gameweek, was a better decision for my team.
    Health notwithstanding, 6.5 Awonyi looks good for .... hmmm, 15 goals, I'd say.
    James cannot catch a break he will be a big loss to Chelsea. Wataru is he a defensive midfielder?

Yes Wataru is a defensive midfielder and it will be interesting to see how he measures up in the epl.

Lucas Paqueta: Man City transfer on hold due to FA and FIFA betting investigation
    Since I completely forgot to do so last weekend, here's our first captaincy list of the season!
    Haaland: 8
    Salah: 4
    Saka: 2
    Maddison: 1
    Martinelli: 1
    Luis Díaz: 1

We have six different captaincy picks this gameweek, with four teams represented in the list. Although five managers have looked to Liverpool's Salah and Luis Díaz with the captaincy, and their favourable fixture against Bournemouth, Haaland is the most captained player in our league – backed by eight managers. Good luck everyone!

As many fantasy experts have pointed out, there is no need to make multiple transfers if the squad looks good for this gameweek and beyond. I considered transferring out Foden, but decided that having two free transfers next gameweek, was a better decision for my team.

Declan Rice performing Rice Rice Baby :)>-

The biannual EFL OIL Cup is on today ;))
    Manchester City vs Newcastle United
    Declan Rice done well to get that deal with Muller Rice, I bet he has done pretty well out of that deal.
    Mbeumo has hauled and is my first sub, I desperately need one of my other players to be benched.
    Brentford were a little lucky on the penalty/red card today, but I like the trio of Mbeumo, Wissa and Henry. Mbuemo is close to a FPL must have, while Henry is a strong option as 4th defender. Wissa too as a second or third striker ...
    After a good first half from United where we should have scored had the chances, Spurs are 1 up and playing better in the second, United need to step it up.
    The new system Ten Hag is trying to implement is not working.
    United all over the place in the second half, no cohesion and sloppy passes.
    15 minutes to go not confident United can get anything from this game.
    This is poor I would not bring in United players.
    Martial coming on long awaited return, can he grab us a draw...