The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    2 - 0 soft goal, bloody nightmare.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ten Hag has to be questioned for his tactics and line up.
    De Ja Vue to the start of last season.
    Rashford done pretty much nothing again, Ten Hag needs to get Rashford back on the left, I never want to see him as number 9 again.
    9 minutes of extra time, come on United lol
    United look leggy and devoid of idea's in the first two games of the season we have been too predictable its like watching Ole ball at times not good. The quicker Rasmus is fit the better if only to offer us a target man..
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited August 2023 Posts: 735
    Gotta love Brighton, maybe my favourite team to watch ... three devastating counterattacks at the beginning of the second half destroyed Wolves plus an earlier world class goal from Mitoma where he ran through half the Wolves defence.

However, a lot of rotation means some uncertain picks for FPL. Probably only Estupinan, who scored, is a must have. One of Mitoma/March, the latter of whom scored twice, is a good bet too. But everybody's favourite 5.5 striker Pedro looks at risk for minutes. Have a feeling he or Ferguson inevitably replace Welbeck soon. Enciso, with two assists, is also an option but a minutes risk.

Basically, Brighton are the new Man City viz FPL ...

Declan Rice performing Rice Rice Baby :)>-

Had to happen! :))

Not including one of Mitoma or Mbuemo in my gameweek 1 team has certainly cost me. All of my midfielders have decent games coming up, but at least one has to go now…
    Feyador wrote: »
    Gotta love Brighton, maybe my favourite team to watch ... three devastating counterattacks at the beginning of the second half destroyed Wolves plus an earlier world class goal from Mitoma where he ran through half the Wolves defence.

However, a lot of rotation means some uncertain picks for FPL. Probably only Estupinan, who scored, is a must have. One of Mitoma/March, the latter of whom scored twice, is a good bet too. But everybody's favourite 5.5 striker Pedro looks at risk for minutes. Have a feeling he or Ferguson inevitably replace Welbeck soon. Enciso, with two assists, is also an option but a minutes risk.

This was one of the reasons anyone but Estupiñán felt too risky for me. Mitoma might make my gameweek 3 team, but Pedro didn't make any of my drafts before the season because of the rotation risk.

Brighton play Newcastle and Man United after the West Ham game, but seeing how Brighton play now, you fancy them to deliver against anybody.
    Not sure I like these now regular extra-long, extra time periods .... but still it's kind of fun to see petulant players like Bruno F., get a Yellow for their whining ....

Not including one of Mitoma or Mbuemo in my gameweek 1 team has certainly cost me. All of my midfielders have decent games coming up, but at least one has to go now…

This was one of the reasons anyone but Estupiñán felt too risky for me. Mitoma might make my gameweek 3 team, but Pedro didn't make any of my drafts before the season because of the rotation risk.

Brighton play Newcastle and Man United after the West Ham game, but seeing how Brighton play now, you fancy them to deliver against anybody.

I think I'd pick March before Mitoma, just a feeling, maybe because he seems more consistently involved in the play. March took his two goals very nicely on Saturday even if he doesn't have the exquisite ball control of Mitoma.

Also not sure who's more in danger of losing minutes to Enciso, who looked great yesterday, and Pedro too, who while less impressive is still sure to get significant game time and may even be on pens .....

Dilemma: I've got 1.0 in the bank. Exactly enough to transfer out Pedro on Sunday in favour of J. Alvarez before either rises/falls in price. Would you do it?

I'd prefer Foden but can't afford him.

Not much except Silva on the City bench to challenge Foden, Grealish and Alvarez for attacking minutes. So rotation risks, while still present, may not be as significant .... oh, famous last words!
    Looks like Maddison might be injured, so may wait and go for Foden in his place. Still leaves me with an injured Stones, potential weak leak of Pedro and nothing much on the bench.

I think I'd pick March before Mitoma, just a feeling, maybe because he seems more consistently involved in the play. March took his two goals very nicely on Saturday even if he doesn't have the exquisite ball control of Mitoma.

Also not sure who's more in danger of losing minutes to Enciso, who looked great yesterday, and Pedro too, who while less impressive is still sure to get significant game time and may even be on pens .....

Dilemma: I've got 1.0 in the bank. Exactly enough to transfer out Pedro on Sunday in favour of J. Alvarez before either rises/falls in price. Would you do it?

Not much except Silva on the City bench to challenge Foden, Grealish and Alvarez for attacking minutes. So rotation risks, while still present, may not be as significant .... oh, famous last words!

Not ruling out March either, but Mitoma's ownership is a factor too. Not sure how much I want to stay away from template picks early on. It will be interesting to see which Brighton assets will play the most. If we see March and Mitoma play close to 90 mins each gameweek, both could be must haves.

I'm interested in bringing in Álvarez myself, so I'd be tempted to make the transfer should there be just enough funds to do so. I'm in the fortunate situation that I can afford the transfers I'm looking at, regardless of price changes – though I've been burned by lack of team value in the past, so I may move early with that in mind.
    Looks like Maddison might be injured, so may wait and go for Foden in his place. Still leaves me with an injured Stones, potential weak leak of Pedro and nothing much on the bench.

I own Maddison too, and if there are any chance he might miss next gameweek, I will have to replace him. Going by yesterdays games, him and Rashford are my most likely transfers out – despite Rashford's fixture against Nottingham Forest.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,454

Not ruling out March either, but Mitoma's ownership is a factor too. Not sure how much I want to stay away from template picks early on. It will be interesting to see which Brighton assets will play the most. If we see March and Mitoma play close to 90 mins each gameweek, both could be must haves.

I'm interested in bringing in Álvarez myself, so I'd be tempted to make the transfer should there be just enough funds to do so. I'm in the fortunate situation that I can afford the transfers I'm looking at, regardless of price changes – though I've been burned by lack of team value in the past, so I may move early with that in mind.

I own Maddison too, and if there are any chance he might miss next gameweek, I will have to replace him. Going by yesterdays games, him and Rashford are my most likely transfers out – despite Rashford's fixture against Nottingham Forest.

Do you think Trossard should/will start ?
    WWC final is about to start. Anyone watching it ?
  • edited August 2023 Posts: 17,660

It's a tricky one with Trossard, as he can compete against both Martinelli and Nketiah – both of which can prove their spot in the team when on form. It would be interesting to see him as a striker, with Martinelli and Saka on either side of him – but it depends on the opposition.

Haven't been able to watch much of the WC, but will have to watch the final.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,454

It's a tricky one with Trossard, as he can compete against both Martinelli and Nketiah – both of which can prove their spot in the team when on form. It would be interesting to see him as a striker, with Martinelli and Saka on either side of him – but it depends on the opposition.

Do you think Trossard should replace Havertz ? I suppose Arteta is "obliged" to start him (Havertz) as they payed a lot for him ?

Szoboszlai played very well yesterday for us and Endo did well when he came on as well.

Do you think Trossard should replace Havertz ? I suppose Arteta is "obliged" to start him (Havertz) as they payed a lot for him ?

Szoboszlai played very well yesterday for us and Endo did well when he came on as well.

It depends on his performances I guess, and Arteta's plans for him. He did find some good positions off the ball in the last match – he just didn't get the ball from his teammates.

Did Szoboszlai play the entire game yesterday?

It depends on his performances I guess, and Arteta's plans for him. He did find some good positions off the ball in the last match – he just didn't get the ball from his teammates.

Yeah he played the entire game.
    He looks like he will get some goals/assists as he takes some corners and has a powerful shot.
    He got the pen too. :)>-

Yeah he played the entire game.
    He looks like he will get some goals/assists as he takes some corners and has a powerful shot.
    He got the pen too. :)>-

One to watch, then! At 7.0 he's in the same-ish price range as Mitoma, March and Mbuemo. Maybe this will be the season of the low-to-mid priced midfielders!
    Jackson is a very effective front man for Chelsea and watching him hold the ball up and the runs he makes is stark contrast to how ineffective Rashford is as a number 9.
    Mbuemo as my first sub is going to be very damaging this GW.
    Great penalty save from Areola who is my back up keeper :(

Enso is on pens for Chelsea.
    Sterling very lively looks like the player he was at City.
    West Ham will be happy it's 1 - 1 at half time, Chelsea totally dominant since they consceded early.

Chelsea ability to score goals maybe there issue, difficult to judge at the moment as there first two games are tough.
    Antanio blasts West Ham into the lead.
    Chelsea are far from the finished article as good as they are at keeping possession they have defence issues and don't look like scoring. Caicedo coming on, he will help the defence going forward.
    Stat of the day yesterday: Pep made zero substitutions against Newcastle.

4.0 Gusto starts for Chelsea

4.5 Chukwuemka starts again and scores for Chelsea but is subbed at the half with what looks a fairly serious knee injury.

Killer pace throughout the Chelsea attack, especially Sterling and Jackson.

Multiple scoring chances for Chilwell.

Ward Prowse set pieces already paying dividends for Hammers but looks weak otherwise.
    Enso and Caicedo undoubtedly good midfielders though when you spend over £200 Million I think you wants goals.
    Fernandez should not take the next Chelsea pen, that was awful ...

Two 4.0 starting keepers for FPL, now wish I'd gone with Areola ...

Great strike from Antonio, who's been invisible otherwise ...

Can't believe WH is winning this ....

Here comes Cancaido....
    Aguero sent off for West Ham, silly challenge West Ham were coping reasobly well. Chelsea will probably go on to win now...
    Great Jackson got a yellow.