The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    As much as I need Jackson to score for FPL I rather West Ham win this game.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Chelsea not really working West Ham since they went down to ten.
    Tempted to hit my Wildcard
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Chilwell was the sub, before 60 mins ....
    Oh, yeah ... good game, a little spicy!

Cheering for Hammers to tough this one out ....
    Three 100 million players on the pitch for Chelsea ...
    If Chelsea don't get anything from this game it's surely unacceptable with the ridiculous amount of money they have spent. Bizarrely three of Chelsea's subs were youth players.
    Come on West Ham... Almost injury time I bet they add about 10 minutes.
    6 minutes... West Ham close to getting a third goal.
    Great save from Areola
    Love the hockey-style body checks from Paquetta, Soucek ...
    Penalty to West Ham, foul by Caicedo
    Wow you could not write this.
    Paqueta scores wooooooo 3 - 1
    Cracking second half.
    To think West Ham fans have been calling for Moyes to be sacked. Great win.
    Makes me feel a little better, despite Man United being awful we are two points ahead of billion dollar Chelsea.
    Except for Paqueta, probably none of WH would even get in the Chelsea squad ....
    I will be honest despite Chelsea spending major money on players I have not seen most of them previously, Chelsea is probably more a squad of potential rather than a side that will realistically challenge for the title this year.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    I will be honest despite Chelsea spending major money on players I have not seen most of them previously, Chelsea is probably more a squad of potential rather than a side that will realistically challenge for the title this year.

Their best player/signing ? is injured, Nkunku.

Nkunku has good stats it will be interesting to see how he gets on in the prem though this season well at least half if it will be a right off. I would not be surprised if Chelsea signed another striker before the deadline. Unless they feel Jackson and Broja can do a job.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 735
    I'd say James/Chilwell are comfortably Chelsea's best players after all the departures from that 2021 Champions League winning squad. Of course they're usually injured .... and Sterling too, after Sunday, looks like he still has it in him.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,455

Nkunku has good stats it will be interesting to see how he gets on in the prem though this season well at least half if it will be a right off. I would not be surprised if Chelsea signed another striker before the deadline. Unless they feel Jackson and Broja can do a job.

I think you're right about manu tactics/formation being wrong too.
    Rashford only seems to score when playing on the left ???

Maybe manu should have signed someone like: Mitrovic (now arab bound) or Toney (Suspended until 17 Jan) ....last season ?

Sofyan Amrabat: Liverpool ‘very close’ to signing new midfielder as Klopp strikes ‘agreement’ for top Man Utd target

Yup, probably not top four or five ... not yet. I see Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool and .... Newcastle in the top four. Would love to see Brighton make a run for it ... but all have European commitments somw didn't have last year, so it's kind of wide open. Man U and Villa too ...

Boehly likes his shiny new toys, and most of WH have been around for awhile.
    Awonyi is the striker who would look great in most of these top 7 or 8 sides ....

Lukaku could probably still do a job for Chelsea. I think they still own him ....
    Feyador wrote: »
    Awonyi is the striker who would look great in most of these top 7 or 8 sides ....

Lukaku could probably still do a job for Chelsea. I think they still own him ....

Awonyi looks good. :)>-

I think Chelsea have nearly 40 players on their list ? :-O

I think you're right about manu tactics/formation being wrong too.
    Rashford only seems to score when playing on the left ???

Maybe manu should have signed someone like: Mitrovic (now arab bound) or Toney (Suspended until 17 Jan) ....last season ?

Sofyan Amrabat: Liverpool ‘very close’ to signing new midfielder as Klopp strikes ‘agreement’ for top Man Utd target

Call me cynical, but last year was a contract year for Rashford ... he'd been pretty poor or largely anonymous prior to that ...

Amrabat looked really great in the WC for Morocco so that might be a major coup for LFC, but who knows .... MU definitely need someone like him at his best.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 24,803
    Ten Hag is trying to play a 2 3 2 3 formation where Wan Bissaka and Shaw sit a long side Casemiro which pushes Bruno and Mount into more advanced positions which overloads the attack.

Unfortunately Shaw and Wan Bissaka so far have not adapted to what is being asked of them which is leaving Casemiro incredibly isolated. Bruno and Mount are asked to play very advanced when attacking so they can't get back quick enough to cover any spaces Shaw and Wan Bissaka are leaving. Also when attacking Onana steps forward to almost make three at the back in a sweeper role.

I honestly don't think some of the Man United players have the tactical brain to make it work. Over the last several years when asked to adapt to different formations a lot of the current squad left from the Ole era have failed.

Ten Hag is stubborn so he will stick to his plan, i just hope we do not drop too many points waiting for it to work. Plus right now quite a few of our players don't look match fit which does not help either.

I rather Sancho play a false 9 and Rashford stay in his best position, hopefully with Martial back and Rasmus close to playing (maybe off the bench vs forest) it won't be an issue any more.
    Ten Hag is trying to play a 2 3 2 3 formation where Wan Bissaka and Shaw sit a long side Casemiro which pushes Bruno and Mount into more advanced positions which overloads the attack.

Unfortunately Shaw and Wan Bissaka so far have not adapted to what is being asked of them which is leaving Casemiro incredibly isolated. Bruno and Mount are asked to play very advanced when attacking so they can't get back quick enough to cover any spaces Shaw and Wan Bissaka are leaving. Also when attacking Onana steps forward to almost make three at the back in a sweeper role.

I honestly don't think some of the Man United players have the tactical brain to make it work. Over the last several years when asked to adapt to different formations a lot of the current squad left from the Ole era have failed.

Ten Hag is stubborn so he will stick to his plan, i just hope we do not drop too many points waiting for it to work. Plus right now quite a few of our players don't look match fit which does not help either.

I rather Sancho play a false 9 and Rashford stay in his best position, hopefully with Martial back and Rasmus close to playing (maybe off the bench vs forest) it won't be an issue any more.

imo you've got too many wingers. Does that sound too simplistic from me ?
    Rashford looks like a striker but as a lot of people know he doesn't "fire" there.

Fergie and gill knew how to buy the right strikers/forwards for many years, Ruud, cole ,dwight,ole, rooney, van persie etc

Anyway maybe it's too early in the season (2 games) to criticize manu players or tactics.
    Maybe things will work out eventually ?

That's why the manager is paid millions and we aren't ? :))
    edited August 2023 Posts: 24,803

imo you've got too many wingers. Does that sound too simplistic from me ?
    Rashford looks like a striker but as a lot of people know he doesn't "fire" there.

Fergie and gill knew how to buy the right strikers/forwards for many years, Ruud, cole ,dwight,ole, rooney, van persie etc

Anyway maybe it's too early in the season (2 games) to criticize manu players or tactics.
    Maybe things will work out eventually ?

That's why the manager is paid millions and we aren't ? :))

True it is early days, it is ridiculous that we have been prioritizing other positions when we have been desperate for a number 9 for years. I would very happily have Ole and Teddy right now. The treble winning squad we had was stacked up front arguably the best strike force in Prem history, that was an awesome season the teams we beat that year, the 2 Barca games were epic!