The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    VVD takes out Isak could be in trouble think he was the last man.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Red card VVD off.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 24,803
    Gomez on for Diaz that will help my ranking, I think that's a mistake by Klopp, Diaz looked quick and sharp and would offer something on the counter.
    Gordon is a very direct old fashioned winger, he reminds me of Jesper Blomqvist.
    Newcastle being wasteful they should be two up by now though Liverpool can barely string two passes together.
    Almiron nearly bested his goal away to Spurs last season, great run hit the post.
    Newcastle failing to close this game out there could be a sting in the tail.
    Nunez is on could he be the one to grab a late equalizer...
    OMG Nunez just scored :))
    Oh my lord Nunez gets a second similar strike 2 - 1 Liverpool great result for the ten men.

Nunez finishes very similar to Rashford when on form, lethal.

Newcastle only have themselves to blame as they were wasteful.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Oh my lord Nunez gets a second similar strike 2 - 1 Liverpool great result for the ten men.

Nunez finishes very similar to Rashford when on form, lethal.

Newcastle only have themselves to blame as they were wasteful.

That was a nice win.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Hilarious, Foden comes on with minutes to spare, immediately creates a big chance and then inadvertently assists on the winner ....
    Maybe a dubious red on VVD ...

Gordon looks a much improved player. Thought NU was mistaken in acquiring him, especially for 50 million, but looks like getting out of Everton has done wonders from him ...
    Clutch from Nunez ....

NU should have already finished them off
    Salah looks increasingly irrelevant as an ovepriced FPL asset ....
    Feyador wrote: »
    Salah looks increasingly irrelevant as an ovepriced FPL asset ....

Totally agree glad I did not bring him into my team, so far his output does not match his price.
    Gomez on for Diaz that will help my ranking, I think that's a mistake by Klopp, Diaz looked quick and sharp and would offer something on the counter.

Yes, definitely ...
    Inspired win by LPFC ... that TAA was given the armband shows Klopps total commitment to him
    Still trying to figure out what Arteta is trying to achieve with his new system. I can understand trying to implement certain changes to avoid becoming predictable, but the first three matches have shown no progress at all. Given that City will no doubt walk away with three points today, Arsenal are already falling behind. Im pretty sure Arsenal would have had three wins out of three with Gabriel in the starting eleven.

Maybe there's more to the Gabriel Saudi links than Arteta would like to admit?

I think it was on ESPN, I forget who it was though some one on there seemed to think Gabriel maybe gone by the end of the week.

It would be bad for Arsenal to lose a player like that, who's been crucial for the defence. I really hope there's nothing concrete about those rumours.

Missed a lot of the action today. Was hoping that City – somehow – would drop points, but it obviously wasn't to be – even though Sheffield United came very close to grabbing a point!
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,455
    Feyador wrote: »
    Inspired win by LPFC ... that TAA was given the armband shows Klopps total commitment to him

Trent was lucky not to get another yellow card and then a red.
    Varane injured for six weeks.
  • edited August 2023 Posts: 17,660
    Here's the gameweek 3 recap! Gameweek 3 was a fairly low scoring affair, where several highly owned players failed to deliver. The same can be said of Haaland, who despite scoring, also missed a penalty…Still, we had some good scores in our league, best of which was FC Anfield, who scored an impressive 71 points, finishing with a gameweek rank just outside the top 100.000. Congratulations! =D>

PGMqJbA.jpg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    Varane injured for six weeks.

Huge blow for United. There are a lot of injuries being this early in the season…
    Group A: Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Copenhagen, Galatasaray.
    Group B: Sevilla, Arsenal, PSV, Lens.
    Group C: Napoli, Real Madrid, Braga, Union Berlin.
    Group D: Benfica, Inter Milan, Red Bull Salzburg, Real Sociedad.
    Group E: Feyenoord, Atletico Madrid, Lazio, Celtic.
    Group F: Paris Saint-Germain, Borussia Dortmund, AC Milan, Newcastle.
    Group G: Manchester City, RB Leipzig, Red Star Belgrade, Young Boys.
    Group H: Barcelona, Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Antwerp.

Interesting draw for the CL, they did the draw quickly this year. Newcastle good luck with that group lol
    Congrats to the previous GW winners...

---

@Torgeirtrap yeah we have been linked with Regulion today from Spurs its a bit desperate.

Interesting draw for the CL, they did the draw quickly this year. Newcastle good luck with that group lol

Arsenal back in the CL and not facing Bayern München in the group stages? I can't believe it! :))

Tough group for Newcastle for sure. They'll have to play at their very best if they want to go through the group stages.

---

@Torgeirtrap yeah we have been linked with Regulion today from Spurs its a bit desperate.

Sounds a bit desperate, yes. But they probably need to strengthen in numbers too, so…
    edited September 2023 Posts: 2,455
    Liverpool have agreed a fee in the region of €40m (£34.2m) to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Ryan Gravenberch.

Another mid, haven't seen him play much. Interesting to see how he measures up in the epl.
    edited September 2023 Posts: 24,803

Arsenal back in the CL and not facing Bayern München in the group stages? I can't believe it! :))

Tough group for Newcastle for sure. They'll have to play at their very best if they want to go through the group stages.

---

Sounds a bit desperate, yes. But they probably need to strengthen in numbers too, so…

Reguilon is a quick fix until our two recognised left backs are fit, it does make sense to bring him in as we can't expect Dalot to cover when AWB will need a rest and vice versa with so many games. My understanding is Reguilon has an initial four month contract. Reguilon may do well I think he was OK for Spurs chipped in with 8 assists and 2 goals, he was at that club when there was a revolving door of park the bus minded managers.
    Liverpool have agreed a fee in the region of €40m (£34.2m) to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Ryan Gravenberch.

Another mid, haven't seen him play much. Interesting to see how he measures up in the epl.

United were linked to Gravenberch so I did some research a few weeks back, looks a good player with a lot of potential very much in the Pogba mould.

United were linked to Gravenberch so I did some research a few weeks back, looks a good player with a lot of potential very much in the Pogba mould.

At £34.2m it seems like a fair price unlike the ridiculous “PR stunt” ? £111 bid they made for Caicedo.

Why claims of £111m FSG “PR stunt” over Moises Caicedo don’t make sense
    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/08/why-claims-of-111m-fsg-pr-stunt-over-moises-caicedo-dont-make-sense/