The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Liverpool have agreed a fee in the region of €40m (£34.2m) to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Ryan Gravenberch.

Another mid, haven't seen him play much. Interesting to see how he measures up in the epl.

United were linked to Gravenberch so I did some research a few weeks back, looks a good player with a lot of potential very much in the Pogba mould.

At £34.2m it seems like a fair price unlike the ridiculous “PR stunt” ? £111 bid they made for Caicedo.

Why claims of £111m FSG “PR stunt” over Moises Caicedo don’t make sense
    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/08/why-claims-of-111m-fsg-pr-stunt-over-moises-caicedo-dont-make-sense/

Whether it is true in this case it definitely happens a lot, clubs will find ways to appease fans who are not happy for what ever reason.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited September 2023 Posts: 2,455
    Cole Palmer to Chelsea: Blues complete £40m signing of Manchester City winger on Transfer Deadline Day-deal takes the Blues' spending under owner Todd Boehly past the £1bn mark

Liverpool have rejected a £150m bid for Mohamed Salah from Saudi Pro League side Al Ittihad.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Amrabat signs for Man United according to reports, thank god we desperately need a defensive midfielder. Unsure of nature of the deal loan with commitment to buy?

hopefully we can get someone else in before the deadline.
    Amrabat signs for Man United according to reports, thank god we desperately need a defensive midfielder. Unsure of nature of the deal loan with commitment to buy?

Good signing. Who else do you need besides a couple of strikers ?
    Rasmus looks like he's going to start ?

We need some defenders as usual. Klopp's insistence of playing Trent as a defender is baffling.

We need some defenders as usual. Klopp's insistence of playing Trent as a defender is baffling.

Southgate actually registered TAA as a midfielder in the England squad for the upcoming Internationals. TAA is great in midfield and seems to be getting worse in defense.

United are apparently restricted by Financial Fair Play so we may see a few loan signings.

Southgate actually registered TAA as a midfielder in the England squad for the upcoming Internationals. TAA is great in midfield and seems to be getting worse in defense.

United are apparently restricted by Financial Fair Play so we may see a few loan signings.

Brighton have completed the signing of Ansu Fati on a season-long loan from Barcelona.
    He could have been a good signing for Manu ?

Brighton have completed the signing of Ansu Fati on a season-long loan from Barcelona.

Good prospect he has fallen out of favor at Barca not been getting much game time, he will be one to watch for sure.
    Group A: Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Copenhagen, Galatasaray.
    Group B: Sevilla, Arsenal, PSV, Lens.
    Group C: Napoli, Real Madrid, Braga, Union Berlin.
    Group D: Benfica, Inter Milan, Red Bull Salzburg, Real Sociedad.
    Group E: Feyenoord, Atletico Madrid, Lazio, Celtic.
    Group F: Paris Saint-Germain, Borussia Dortmund, AC Milan, Newcastle.
    Group G: Manchester City, RB Leipzig, Red Star Belgrade, Young Boys.
    Group H: Barcelona, Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Antwerp.

Interesting draw for the CL, they did the draw quickly this year. Newcastle good luck with that group lol

Arsenal back in the CL and not facing Bayern München in the group stages? I can't believe it! :))

Tough group for Newcastle for sure. They'll have to play at their very best if they want to go through the group stages.
    Congrats to the previous GW winners...

---

@Torgeirtrap yeah we have been linked with Regulion today from Spurs its a bit desperate.

Sounds a bit desperate, yes. But they probably need to strengthen in numbers too, so…

Reguilon is a quick fix until our two recognised left backs are fit, it does make sense to bring him in as we can't expect Dalot to cover when AWB will need a rest and vice versa with so many games. My understanding is Reguilon has an initial four month contract. Reguilon may do well I think he was OK for Spurs chipped in with 8 assists and 2 goals, he was at that club when there was a revolving door of park the bus minded managers.

This is true, and he might be better suited for this United team.

_________

Just the one transfer for me this week. I did consider a -4 all the way up to the deadline, but left it too late to make a second transfer, which looking at it right now, would have been the best decision long term.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Won't someone please explain what Arteta et al see in Haavertz

Good prospect he has fallen out of favor at Barca not been getting much game time, he will be one to watch for sure.

It's a loan deal ... better for club he goes to a place that will further development him. So Brighton is perfect ....
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 17,660
    Here are the gameweek 4 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 11
    Saka: 3
    Mbuemo: 1
    Maddison: 1
    Jackson: 1

No surprise to see Haaland yet again being the most captained player in our league, with a favourable fixture against Fulham. Saka is the only other player backed by more than one manager, captained by three managers. Good luck everyone!
    edited September 2023 Posts: 24,803
    Made two transfers brought in Sterling and Maddison also benched Onana and Saliba, I will be hoping West ham gets a clean sheet not much goal action so far in this game.
    Beautiful ball from Paqueta to Bowen ...

Looking forward to seeing Kudus.
    Great pass though Luton keeper should have done better, I need Ward Prowse to blank....
    edited September 2023 Posts: 24,803
    2 - 0 though offside flag gone up gone to VAR, no goal VAR was not really needed for that lol
    WH a little lucky, Luton have had chances ...
    Alvarez looks like a Moyes man if I've ever seen one ... Paqueta much better this year. Don't think they'll miss Rice all that much.

No Kudus, Moyes instead telling the rest of the bench he's not forgotten them.
    Zouma from WP corner ...
    Zouma scores from direst Ward Prowse corner 2 - 0
    Five or six goals from Zouma this year, wouldn't bet against it ...
    Assist potential from WP is huge ....
    West Ham have looked solid.... Luton penalty? not given.
    Oops, here comes Kudus ....
    Luton will be lucky to get 15 points all season, dam they scored in injury time there goes my clean sheet.
    Luton will be lucky to get 15 points all season, dam they scored in injury time there goes my clean sheet.

Yup, lots of sighs across FPL land ...
    Made two transfers brought in Sterling and Maddison also benched Onana and Saliba, I will be hoping West ham gets a clean sheet not much goal action so far in this game.

Sterling was the transfer I was willing to take a -4 for. Just know he'll deliver the points this weekend now!
    International break next week, so no transfer for me this game week ...

Sterling was the transfer I was willing to take a -4 for. Just know he'll deliver the points this weekend now!

Bowen in trossard out this gw. Areola clean sheet would have been nice.
    Shock move ...

Greenwood to Getafe. Given all that's going on in Spanish soccer regarding thr Rubiales affair something tells me this won't be uncontroversial ...
    Feyador wrote: »
    Shock move ...

Greenwood to Getafe. Given all that's going on in Spanish soccer regarding thr Rubiales affair something tells me this won't be uncontroversial ...

He hasn't been found guilty (charges dropped) so his life should go back to normal.
    Feyador wrote: »
    International break next week, so no transfer for me this game week ...

Wisdh I could have saved my transfer. Can only hope there won't be any injuries during the international break!