The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Made two transfers brought in Sterling and Maddison also benched Onana and Saliba, I will be hoping West ham gets a clean sheet not much goal action so far in this game.

Sterling was the transfer I was willing to take a -4 for. Just know he'll deliver the points this weekend now!

You were right Chelsea do have good fixtures now was definitely the time to bring sterling in, i had 2 transfers i did want Ward Prowse also though i keep reminding myself you can not have every player.
    Feyador wrote: »
    Shock move ...

Greenwood to Getafe. Given all that's going on in Spanish soccer regarding thr Rubiales affair something tells me this won't be uncontroversial ...

This confused me as SKY said it is a 1 year loan, Man United said a few weeks ago they were parting ways which on the basis of this transfer is not the case as he is still a Man United player. I have been busy with work so maybe I missed an update on the situation.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    My predicted scores for today

• Sheffield Utd - 1 Everton - 1
    • Brentford - 2 Bournemouth - 1
    • Burnley - 1 Spurs - 2
    • Chelsea - 3 Nottingham Forest - 2
    • Man City - 4 Fulham - 0
    • Brighton - 1 Newcastle - 2
    Made two transfers brought in Sterling and Maddison also benched Onana and Saliba, I will be hoping West ham gets a clean sheet not much goal action so far in this game.

Sterling was the transfer I was willing to take a -4 for. Just know he'll deliver the points this weekend now!

You were right Chelsea do have good fixtures now was definitely the time to bring sterling in, i had 2 transfers i did want Ward Prowse also though i keep reminding myself you can not have every player.
    Shock move ...

Greenwood to Getafe. Given all that's going on in Spanish soccer regarding thr Rubiales affair something tells me this won't be uncontroversial ...

This confused me as SKY said it is a 1 year loan, Man United said a few weeks ago they were parting ways which on the basis of this transfer is not the case as he is still a Man United player. I have been busy with work so maybe I missed an update on the situation.

It's definitely a loan for one year with MU paying almost all of his salary. According to Sports Illustrated, Greenwood is still under contract with United until June 2025.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2023 Posts: 24,803

Shock move ...

It's definitely a loan for one year with MU paying almost all of his salary. According to Sports Illustrated, Greenwood is still under contract with United until June 2025.

I probably misinterpreted Man United intentions maybe they will just loan him out until his contract expires or someone is willing to buy him (unlikely with so little time left on his contract after loan expires).
    Oh, apparently Greenwood almost went to Lazio, but they couldn't finalize the details in time and so Getafe became the last minute move ...

The way West Ham have opened the season makes me consider both Bowen and Ward-Prowse. If I was on a wildcard right now, I would probably included one of them, as well as Sterling – in a five man midfield.
    My predicted scores for today

• Sheffield Utd - 1 Everton - 1
    • Burnley - 1 Spurs - 2
    • Chelsea - 3 Nottingham Forest - 2
    • Man City - 4 Fulham - 0

I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see these scores today. Here are my predictions:

• Sheffield Utd - 1 Everton - 0
    • Burnley - 0 Spurs - 2
    • Chelsea - 3 Nottingham Forest - 1
    • Man City - 3 Fulham - 0

Haven't seen much of Burnley yet, so I don't know how they'll do in the league.
    Difficult fixtures would keep me away from West Ham over the next 5 game weeks, at home to MC & Newcastle and away to LP & Villa. Sheffield United the only game in which they're the clear favourite ....
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited September 2023 Posts: 2,455
    Beto looks like a good signing for Everton.
    Can he score or assist on his epl debut ?
    Now I am hearing that there has been a Greenwood U turn and he will be back at United, United have made a statement that he will return to the club in June next year... think the board are trying to keep him and navigating fan backlash despite what they said a few weeks ago.

My initial thoughts were they were paying him off and terminating his contract.
    Difficult fixtures would keep me away from West Ham over the next 5 game weeks, at home to MC & Newcastle and away to LP & Villa. Sheffield United the only game in which they're the clear favourite ....

Well, yes, though I'd think attacking assets like Bowen could do fine regardless of fixtures (maybe that City game aside).

No idea, but he looks good ...

Archer looks good.... :)>-
    Some football podcasts I listen to semi reg

Archer looks good.... :)>-

Yup, and 4.5 or so in FPL.
    The Spurs and Chelsea scores just surprised me...

My Chelsea treble up totally backfired.
    Haaland with a hatrick and an assist.
    I'm surprised not getting Sterling didn't backfire this week! Five players left for me, but I'm not expecting big scores from any of them.
    Maddison and Mbeumo bailed me out a bit with goals.
    Brighton 1 - 0 Newcastle at half time, i would be happy with this as the result now.
    Ferguson gets his second with a beauty, this kid is a superstar.
    Ferguson gets his first Hatrick.
    Milner and LLalana coming on for Brighton lol
    Eddie Howe will not be wanting this international break, 3 loses on the bounce for Newcastle admittedly against tough sides though Newcastle will be expected to be more competitive than they have been. Newcastle were well beaten today and offered very little... Dam just as I typed that Wilson scored, there goes another clean sheet for me in injury time at the end of the game... 3 - 1, 7 minutes of injury time.
    Should have been 4- 1 Mitoma misses a great chance.
    Great win for Brighton, all the top clubs will be wanting to sign Ferguson especially with a drought in genuine world class strikers.
    Ferguson still only 18 crikey! He looks about 24, he is being interviewed on SKY after the game.
    Wouldn't mind seeing Ferguson at Arsenal…
    Wouldn't mind seeing Ferguson at Arsenal…

His price tag will be £100 - £150 million by the end of the season I suspect.
    EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United will be taken OFF the market by the Glazer family after bidders fail to reach their asking price in a huge blow to furious fans... as they hold out for £10BN for the club
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12474251/Manchester-United-taken-market-Glazer-family-bidders-fail-reach-asking-price-huge-blow-furious-fans-hold-10BILLION-club.html
    If this is true I am not surprised. 🙁
    edited September 2023 Posts: 2,455
    EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United will be taken OFF the market by the Glazer family after bidders fail to reach their asking price in a huge blow to furious fans... as they hold out for £10BN for the club
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12474251/Manchester-United-taken-market-Glazer-family-bidders-fail-reach-asking-price-huge-blow-furious-fans-hold-10BILLION-club.html
    If this is true I am not surprised. 🙁

I heard that the bidders were offering about only £6BN as the owners wanted 10 as well.

I think a lot of the club owners are disliked by some of their supporters
    edited September 2023 Posts: 735
    So weird to an old punk like me:

City demolish Fulham, everybody's in a celebratory mood, and the stadium starts blasting Love Will Tear Us Apart ...

Now, don't get me wrong, this may be the single greatest, most influential song to ever come out of Manchester - at least to me.

But "celebratory" it most certainly isn't!

Still beats Sweet Caroline, of course ... by several measures.