The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 5 deadline: Sat 21 Sep 11:00*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    8 minutes injury time.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Rice scored in the 95th minute.
    Nightmare.
    3 - 1
    edited September 2023 Posts: 24,803
    Maguire and Evans at the back enough said.
    The 3rd goal means little really as we pushed the team to try to get a equalizer, the second goal was shocking defending. United can take positives from this though with Martinez, Lindelof and Varane not on the pitch we are very vulnerable at the back.
    The extended injury time is having quite a barring on games I have noticed.
    I honestly believe there are better things to come from United, though we need to get Varane, Martinez, Shaw, Malacia and Lindelof all fit ASAP otherwise we are in deep trouble... The international break come at a good time with regards to players getting rehab.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited September 2023 Posts: 2,455
    I honestly believe there are better things to come from United, though we need to get Varane, Martinez, Shaw, Malacia and Lindelof all fit ASAP otherwise we are in deep trouble... The international break come at a good time with regards to players getting rehab.

Some supporters and fpl players need some rehab too :))
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Son is definitely a very good FPL option now that he's moved to center forward and solidified his position there with three goals. And Maddison looked great again ....
    edited September 2023 Posts: 735
    Always nice to see Chelsea blank, especially at home ... and that Jackson missed a sitter was especially delightful.

Awonyi going off at 65 mins. was mystifying, best player on the pitch. Sent thru Elanga on the goal with a beautiful pass ...

Forest look pretty decent, and their defence seems not to be the pushover everyone took it for, very much contrary to preseason form ...

edited September 2023 Posts: 735
    Brentford only looked great at the start and end of the game at home with Bournemouth, when they rescued a point. Otherwise Bournemouth was the better team ... and probably unlucky not to win. Mbeumo was again very good, at least not when missing great chances. Brentford gonna miss Toney real soon ... not much beyond Mbuemo and the smarts of Thomas Frank to carry them forward ....
    Simon Jordan Reacts to Micah Richards & Roy Keane's Altercation with a Fan at Arsenal vs. Man United

Allegedly someone head butted Roy Keane.
    Al Ittihad set to make a staggering £215 million offer for Salah according to reports. This is just getting stupid.

---
    The man who allegedly assaulted Roy Keane has been arrested.
    ---
    Antony dropped by Brazil squad due to allegations.

With the Sancho situation and injuries galore Man United are in crisis.

Amrabat was bought with a back injury also WT...
    Al Ittihad set to make a staggering £215 million offer for Salah according to reports. This is just getting stupid.

---
    ---

The proverbial 'crisis club,' they've become...

215 million would be hard to turn down, but LPFC can't spend until January. If they sell they're pretty much writing off their season, I think ... and right now they might be, along with Arsenal, the most serious challenge to MCFC. Looked imperious against AVFC, with TAA running the show, which is what happens when you dont press him. Also, deep bench and even Darwin is looking very good ... 14 games, I think, unbeaten.
    Feyador wrote: »

---
    ---

215 million would be hard to turn down, but LPFC can't spend until January. If they sell they're pretty much writing off their season, I think ... and right now they might be, along with Arsenal, the most serious challenge to MCFC. Looked imperious against AVFC, with TAA running the show, which is what happens when you dont press him. Also, deep bench and even Darwin is looking very good ... 14 games, I think, unbeaten.

I miss the Fergie era even when there were issues they got dealt with quickly, at any club only one man can be in charge.

Sancho may have been first choice right side anyway the way things are going, it not as though Sancho has been a world beater since he has been at United, at the start of the season even though I like the player I thought this may be his last chance to step it up.

---

Liverpool look to be Citys strongest challenger, the game v villa I did not see was TAA in midfield?
    Here's the gameweek 4 review! From a disappointing gameweek 3, and an average gameweek score of 44 points, gameweek 4 could not have ended more differently, with an average score of 71 points. The high ownership and captaincy of Haaland was certainly a factor in this average score, since the striker managed 3 goals and an assist against Fulham. This was a good gameweek for our league as well, and not only that – four managers finished the gameweek with the same score of 79 points! Congratulations goes out to our gameweek winners: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you! =D>

JPy8hHy.jpg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you

There's no Premier League action until Saturday 16 September, since international games takes priority until then. In the meantime, enjoy the break!
    Congratulations to all the winners, I have not checked my final GW score and going to not check it during the International week in case I knee jerk and hit my Wildcard, it maybe wise to hang onto it for a while longer.
    Really, really happy about the result Sunday. Fans of both Arsenal and United will have situations to complain about re. the refereeing, but overall it was an even match.

Really not liking how Arsenal have played so far this season. The formations Arteta have tried out in the first few games have been questionable at best, and I wonder what he's really trying to do. Timber's injury puts a massive doubt over the depth of the squad, as well as Partey now missing weeks – and Zinchenko and Jesus just coming back from time on the sidelines.

I have a feeling this might become a disappointing season for Arsenal. they look much weaker now than last season.

Always nice to see Chelsea blank, especially at home ... and that Jackson missed a sitter was especially delightful.

Awonyi going off at 65 mins. was mystifying, best player on the pitch. Sent thru Elanga on the goal with a beautiful pass ...

Forest look pretty decent, and their defence seems not to be the pushover everyone took it for, very much contrary to preseason form ...

Keeping an eye on Forest assets. They have played and scored goals against Arsenal and United, and picked up points against Sheffield United and Everton. Some tough fixtures ahead, but you can always target the easier fixtures.
    Congratulations to all the winners, I have not checked my final GW score and going to not check it during the International week in case I knee jerk and hit my Wildcard, it maybe wise to hang onto it for a while longer.

I see some FPL content creators and experts suggesting the second international break as a good time to wildcard. A lot can happen until then of course, and it's all team dependant.
    Really, really happy about the result Sunday. Fans of both Arsenal and United will have situations to complain about re. the refereeing, but overall it was an even match.

Really not liking how Arsenal have played so far this season. The formations Arteta have tried out in the first few games have been questionable at best, and I wonder what he's really trying to do. Timber's injury puts a massive doubt over the depth of the squad, as well as Partey now missing weeks – and Zinchenko and Jesus just coming back from time on the sidelines.

I have a feeling this might become a disappointing season for Arsenal. they look much weaker now than last season.

Keeping an eye on Forest assets. They have played and scored goals against Arsenal and United, and picked up points against Sheffield United and Everton. Some tough fixtures ahead, but you can always target the easier fixtures.

When Partey was out I felt our chances of winning decreased further I was hoping he would be deployed at the back again. Arsenal are still in a good position points wise and will be up there with city and Liverpool, I fear the worse for United with everything that is going on.
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 17,660

When Partey was out I felt our chances of winning decreased further I was hoping he would be deployed at the back again. Arsenal are still in a good position points wise and will be up there with city and Liverpool, I fear the worse for United with everything that is going on.

For this particular game, Arsenal might have benefitted from Partey being unavailable, and Arteta being forced to think differently. It will be interesting to see how the linups will look like until Partey returns – and after.

I think United will come good and pick up points when key players are available again. They have a good squad when the preferred starting eleven is fit and available.

---
    ---

I miss the Fergie era even when there were issues they got dealt with quickly, at any club only one man can be in charge.

Sancho may have been first choice right side anyway the way things are going, it not as though Sancho has been a world beater since he has been at United, at the start of the season even though I like the player I thought this may be his last chance to step it up.

---

Liverpool look to be Citys strongest challenger, the game v villa I did not see was TAA in midfield?

Yes, TAA

---
    ---

---

Hybrid role, sometimes a 10 ... or deep lying MF ... center of a back three .... right back.
    There are a lot of good football podcasts to listen to, Talk of the Devils is one of the best ....
    There are a lot of good football podcasts to listen to, Talk of the Devils is one of the best ....

I mostly listen to Football shows on YouTube though will give this one a look.
    GW7 is a Double Game Week for Luton and Burnley.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited September 2023 Posts: 2,455
    GW7 is a Double Game Week for Luton and Burnley.

What's up with the Jadon Sancho public "bust up" with the manager ?

Antony could be in trouble, off the pitch, according to the press reports ?
    Scotland 0 - 2 England at half time in the 150 year anniversary game between the Auld rivals.

The gulf in class is a chasm, goals from Foden and Bellingham.

Rashford, Bellingham and Foden look World Class, honestly this team is way to good and should win the Euro's and if they don't its failure.
    Maguire on at half time, should have kept Guéhi on he was doing well. Southgate certainly has his favorites.
    Maguire own goal oh dear, Scotland's best chance on goal all game not kidding X_X

Maguire should not even be in the Squad.